Atheism ON TOPIC

El Correcto

god is dead
Science is a fact based system ... the fact is, no one has observed an inanimate object come to life.
Religion is a faith based system ... the fact is, no one has observed and recorded a supernatural event, but based on faith, that is irrelevant.
Everyone can and will draw their on conclusions on the two systems.
The experiment I was talking about I over sold in the beginning because I didn’t know
much about it. I listened to a podcast with an astrobiologist to have him explain the complexities of it and how we may never know due to multiple factors including break away pieces of another planet hitting ours that originally formed the building blocks of life under different conditions and not having a clear fossilized records of what life even looked like that early on. The problem is we might be looking for something that is similar to what is around now, instead of a missing protocell that was around in the beginning phases.

That being said humans have proven that organic materials can be created from chemicals. Amino acids which only 20 of form all known life have been created in a laboratory in conditions theorized early earth could produce, leading to the production RNA and the RNA world theory.

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually quite the opposite ... Life did suck when I thought I could exist as the Supreme being.
picdump_3192_77.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The experiment I was talking about I over sold in the beginning because I didn’t know
much about it. I listened to a podcast with an astrobiologist to have him explain the complexities of it and how we may never know due to multiple factors including break away pieces of another planet hitting ours that originally formed the building blocks of life under different conditions and not having a clear fossilized records of what life even looked like that early on. The problem is we might be looking for something that is similar to what is around now, instead of a missing protocell that was around in the beginning phases.

That being said humans have proven that organic materials can be created from chemicals. Amino acids which only 20 of form all known life have been created in a laboratory in conditions theorized early earth could produce, leading to the production RNA and the RNA world theory.
God: I made man out of dirt.
Man: I can do the same.
God: Go ahead.
Man: Alright, Just take some of this dirt and....
God: Wait a minute.
Man: What?
God: Get your own dirt.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Study the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

bbsam

Staff member
Really? What existed in the beginning? What came next? The sun and moon from which all life on earth derives energy? Then what? The fish in the sea that one day crawled onto land? Open you mind. Consider the observable facts by the writers of the Pentateuch and maybe they aren’t so far off.

BrownFlush

Really? What existed in the beginning? What came next? The sun and moon from which all life on earth derives energy? Then what? The fish in the sea that one day crawled onto land? Open you mind. Consider the observable facts by the writers of the Pentateuch and maybe they aren’t so far off.
You are right about the order.
One day of what is created is necessary for the next day of the 6 days of creation. The theory of evolution has nothing about creation. Evolution means change and time.
Problem also with that thinking is the day or days of creation are not literal. If you read the account, the day had a morning and an evening, then it was the next day. A kajillion years does not have a morning or an evening.

bbsam

Staff member
You are right about the order.
One day of what is created is necessary for the next day of the 6 days of creation. The theory of evolution has nothing about creation. Evolution means change and time.
Problem also with that thinking is the day or days of creation are not literal. If you read the account, the day had a morning and an evening, then it was the next day. A kajillion years does not have a morning or an evening.
So? Why insist on hammering the differences? I think the similarities are far more fascinating and don’t get the appreciation they deserve.

BrownFlush

So? Why insist on hammering the differences? I think the similarities are far more fascinating and don’t get the appreciation they deserve.
No hammer is out.
You see similarities. I don't at all.
If there were similarities I might be fascinated, but I really don't see it.