Atheists

wkmac

This is the problem with thinking. Those damn contradictions just mess things up so rule #1 is just never to think.

Ah, feels better don't it! Hope you have a great day of sun worship and enjoying those modernized fertility rites!

wkmac

Hey bbsam, have you heard the latest? Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are having to retract the crocoduck claim. It's been found!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via NY Post:
A New York judge has tossed out a lawsuit seeking to stop the display of a cross-shaped steel beam found among the World Trade Center’s wreckage.

Federal judge Deborah Batts on Friday rejected the arguments of a national atheists’ group.
American Atheists had sued the National September 11 Memorial & Museum’s operators in 2011 on constitutional grounds.

The judge says the decision to include the artifact in the Sept. 11 museum did not advance religion impermissibly. She also says it does not create excessive entanglement between the state and religion. And she noted that the cross helps tell part of the history of Sept. 11.

bbsam

Staff member
:happy-very:
Hey bbsam, have you heard the latest? Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are having to retract the crocoduck claim. It's been found!
Sorry. I'm of a more "liberal" wing of the church. I don't hold anything in nature outside the realm of the possible. I believe in a risen Savior 2000 years ago. What makes you think I couldn't find room for a crocoduck? Of course, I'm not sure I am making any sense because I don't know what they said in the first place.:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wizard.jpg

wkmac

Something from nothing verses God of the gaps. Makes for a great wrestling storyline.

But what if they are both wrong?
:surprised:

bbsam

Staff member
If they are both wrong, what difference does it make? Live and let live? I really don't see what theere is to fight about.

wkmac

Well it's just something to do. We're not bothering you are we? I mean there have been several other threads concerning faith and I've not intervened in your right to talk about your beliefs and thoughts. I found some of those threads by Integrity pretty good reading to be honest. You guys should do that more often. Integrity was really posing some good questions and you were showing potential of going even deeper. And yet I never uttered a peep the whole time. Never gave it a seconds thought of doing so either. You never even knew I was there. I respected your space and your freedom to speak. And had you asked of me, I would have told you to keep going and then stepped back.

This is an atheist thread, although it was started by anything but, however why can't atheists or those of non belief talk about their own ideas and thoughts? And in a thread by that very title? Are you saying atheists are not entitled to talk in public about their ideas, thoughts and how they arrived at them? I'm to respect you when you talk and yet you pull a Bill O'Reilly on me and just tell me to shut up? How "liberal" of you!

And there's another thing. Why did god create us with a brain if he didn't want us to use it? Why create thinking, deductive reasoning and logic if using these tools would be counterproductive as it relates to god? As the great creator of the universe, why create the "question" if he never intended for us to ask any? Even the really deep, questioning ones. If there really is a god and I'm wrong, I at least feel comfortable that his first words to me will be, "thanks for not believing all that bullschitt they made up about me. I gave you a brain and the capacity to think for a reason."

You see atheists like asking questions and discussing the potential answers and as I said, being this is the atheist thread. You know!

Maybe next time instead of complaining to me, you might speak with Moreluck about opening cans of worms, writing a check none of you want to cash or how sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs just sleep.

bbsam

Staff member
You have me all wrong. I'm not complaining. I just don't see a real conflict between faith and science. The two seem to occupy the same space and separate space at the same time to me.Argue all you want, but I don't feel like I have anything to prove or that my views need to be adopted by anyone. Not looking for converts and secure in a personal faith.

Upsmule

What's the point in posting a link of a web page that in its very title makes an absolute claim it can't prove either?

Upsmule

I'm not posting this with any delusions of proving a damn thing...just that, he makes several vital well made points that are foolish to brush off as mere chance. 0+0= the universe? Even I don't have that kind of radical faith. There had to be a first cause, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHRP0I2SrVs