Atheists

oldngray

nowhere special
As I described....the couple seconds is "the trip". The trip is where your blood travels to and from....pumped out of the heart and to your toes or other outlying areas. The heat is what is travelling through you and I said so in the above statement. I can't help it if your grasp of the language is juvenile !!

Remember to use small words the next time.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
As I described....the couple seconds is "the trip". The trip is where your blood travels to and from....pumped out of the heart and to your toes or other outlying areas. The heat is what is travelling through you and I said so in the above statement. I can't help it if your grasp of the language is juvenile !!
Who can argue with that convoluted 'logic'?

wkmac

I'm sure Pope Francis will catch a lot of flak for this but he gets my "tip of the cap" pick for today.

I was wondering if in time this would get walked back. Wonder no longer!

And let's make note of something a Vatican spokesman said:

In response to the media attention, the Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, said that people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

So according to this Catholic official, those of you outside the Catholic faith are in no better a position that I am come judgement day. LOL!

And let's be historically accurate, the Catholic Church is the originator and thus perpetuates the christian tradition so some of you better get busy mending fences with Mother Church. Or Else!
:happy-very:

Upsmule

I'm sure Pope Francis will catch a lot of flak for this but he gets my "tip of the cap" pick for today.

In response to the media attention, the Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, said that people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

So according to this Catholic official, those of you outside the Catholic faith are in no better a position that I am come judgement day. LOL!

And let's be historically accurate, the Catholic Church is the originator and thus perpetuates the christian tradition so some of you better get busy mending fences with Mother Church. Or Else!

"Martin Luther entered a monastery as a youth and as a man shattered the structure of the medieval church. Luther spoke out against the corrupt religious practices that then existed. His demand that the authority for doctrine and practice be Scriptures, rather than Popes or Councils, echoed around the world and ignited the Great Reformation. Accused of heresy and threatened with excommunication and death, Luther maintained his bold stand and refused to recant. In his crusade to eliminate religious abuses, he did more than any other man to establish the Protestant faith."

http://www.ligonier.org/store/here-i-stand-paperback/

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I think it goes something like this.

wkmac

"Martin Luther entered a monastery as a youth and as a man shattered the structure of the medieval church. Luther spoke out against the corrupt religious practices that then existed. His demand that the authority for doctrine and practice be Scriptures, rather than Popes or Councils, echoed around the world and ignited the Great Reformation. Accused of heresy and threatened with excommunication and death, Luther maintained his bold stand and refused to recant. In his crusade to eliminate religious abuses, he did more than any other man to establish the Protestant faith."

Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther: Roland Bainton - Book - Church History, Biography, Reformation | Ligonier Ministries Store

WOW! I had no idea. When did this happen?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Penn Jillette.....my favorite ..... named his daughter Moxie Crimefighter. She's going to grow up wishing she had a regular "Christian name" ...something simple like Mary or Janet.

Penn is the most ethical, big hearted atheist ever........I like him.

Upsmule

Penn Jillette.....my favorite ..... named his daughter Moxie Crimefighter. She's going to grow up wishing she had a regular "Christian name" ...something simple like Mary or Janet.

Penn is the most ethical, big hearted atheist ever........I like him.

Here here....

wkmac

STOCKHOLM -In a frightening display of rising sectarian violence, an atheist suicide bomber blew himself up on a busy street in Stockholm three days ago; killing eighteen agnostics and wounding over thirty. Members of the ‘Swedish Atheistic Liberation Front’ (SALF) have claimed responsibility for the bombing. Declaring the attack as revenge against the explosive agnostic riots, which, last week, hospitalized several atheists and terrorized the atheistic community.

Swedish authorities have so far failed stem the rising levels of violence and growing sectarian divide. The prime minister of Sweden Fredrik Reinfeldt, himself an agnostic, strongly condemned the attack, yet also called for restraint among the broader agnostic community. In an impromptu speech, the prime minister called on agnostics to not contribute to the violence, or launch vengeful vigilante attacks, saying that the proper authorities would see justice done.

Atheist Suicide Bomber Kills Eighteen Agnostics

BrownArmy

Atheists vs. Agnostics?

Leading to major violence?

I had to read your link to make sure...it could almost be a Colbert skit...

My takeaway:

People are animals, and they're just going to fight each other no matter what.

It's bad enough to bomb, kidnap, kill, strafe, invade, and economically dominate your religious enemy, but for non-believers (whatever the flavor) to engage in terrorist attacks against other non-believers baffles my mind and makes me question the viability of HOMO SAPIENS in toto.

(How are we ever going to get off this planet with all the :greedy: going on and on and on...)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Atheists vs. Agnostics?

Leading to major violence?

I had to read your link to make sure...it could almost be a Colbert skit...

My takeaway:

People are animals, and they're just going to fight each other no matter what.

It's bad enough to bomb, kidnap, kill, strafe, invade, and economically dominate your religious enemy, but for non-believers (whatever the flavor) to engage in terrorist attacks against other non-believers baffles my mind and makes me question the viability of HOMO SAPIENS in toto.

(How are we ever going to get off this planet with all the :greedy: going on and on and on...)
Did you read some of the other stories on that page? Fascinating stuff.

wkmac

Did you read some of the other stories on that page? Fascinating stuff.

I had no idea thanks to Canada's Prime Minister that Obama now has a pet beaver.

I'm surprised WeaselZippers and Moreluck haven't found an angle to slam Obama with it yet. I was going to post but thought I'd wait just to see if those 2 get their act together.
:wink2: