Build That Wall!!

bacha29

sounds like you have inside information could you name the scores. a score being twenty and scores being a multiple. sounds like you should be able to produce at least 40 names?
Sorry Newf I'm 3 whole people short of 2 full scores. But don't worry, Mueller isn't don't yet and neither is the House Oversight Committee.

newfie

Blowing smoke. There will not be another government shut down over Trump's wall. The House and Senate will pass a bill ordering the government to remain open. Trump will veto it but this time around Congress worried about their seats next year will over ride it.

um i think the next step is clearly the emergency powers act.

newfie

I don’t think Roberts will be easily convinced that our southern border constitutes an emergency requiring circumventing the will of the legislature.

roberts wont take away the presidents constitutional right to protect this country. The emergency powers act has been abused by numerous presidents on both sides of the aisle. with that said The hard data is there that supports the presidents position that the border needs to be controlled to reduce crime and the threats from unknown crossers.

the democratic argument that 30000 crossers a month is somehow an improvement over the past does not negate the fact that we have a problem.

bacha29

um i think the next step is clearly the emergency powers act.
If he tries to take possession of the private property needed in the name of "emergency powers" there will almost certainly be numerous court injunctions filed at the state and federal level. And all it takes is one to delay construction for years.

newfie

If he tries to take possession of the private property needed in the name of "emergency powers" there will almost certainly be numerous court injunctions filed at the state and federal level. And all it takes is one to delay construction for years.

to be expected. you snowflakes fight everything.

oldngray

nowhere special
seperate issue. the emergency action being fought in the courts will be brought by you snowflakes and taken to the sympathetic 9th circut court system so you folks can enjoy a lower court victory until the supreme court squashes it .
A judge in Hawaii will stop a wall in Texas.

Until the Supremes overrule him.

newfie

A judge in Hawaii will stop a wall in Texas.

Until the Supremes overrule him.
trump needs to challenge that too. how can a lower court stop a president. It shouldnt happen. if someone believes the president has done wrong they should have to appeal directly to the supreme court to fight it.