Cardinal sin termination

UnconTROLLed

perfection
`
Eh, different strokes I guess. I've never felt that all the free time you have should be spent "bettering yourself", I know guys who go fishing or play golf in their spare time, not my thing but they enjoy it so good for them. Computer games have been around for a long time now and some of us grew up with them. I also work out every day and dabble in photography, but if I feel like wasting a few hours playing games on a Saturday afternoon I don't see what the big deal is, it's just harmless fun.
Jones, we were talking about TV and video games, not golf and fishing. That is not a fair way to debate

Golf and fishing are both beneficial - golf is a sport, can promote health and wellness ( as well as peace of mind) and fishing can be a means to survival. LOL

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There's nothing wrong with it, but the fact is that generally, **** these things (TV, gaming) are way over-valued ****and do nothing in bettering yourself. "Entertainment" Of course, that's sort of the point of these distractions, to keep people satiated and well, stupid. :P
I shouldn't have bothered, but too late. Have a good one.

By the way, I was a hardcore gamer for many many years age 5-25. I am disappointed in wasting my young years like that. Speaking from experience.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a late 30's nephew who spends hours playing video games. He especially loves the WWII games. I asked him once if he was so interested in war why didn't he join the military. He thought that was just crazy talk. P

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
There's little to nothing on TV when I get home at 3AM and I have 2 school age girls in the house so I just play quietly to wind down. I wish there were better things I could do at that hour.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I would love to race for real, but Gran Turismo is a close as it will get for me for the forseeable future given my limited finances and time.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
I play more in feeder then in pkg

I play when I wife goes to sleep around 10 , I am so used to being up until 3am and don't really want to change me sleeping schedule so I play games

Coldworld

60 months and counting
why would he take a 50 dollar game that cost him a 60000 dollar job. My thinking would be this isn't an honest mistake
That "hot" video game just got another one of our brothers fired....hope it was worth it...dumb dumb...And for the op, you might want to start questioning his integrity, and maybe slap him in the head for putting your family in that predicament....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know. And that's what sucks because he is such a great guy. Everyone up there knows him and his family and knows he's a great guy. For some reason he did it. He doesn't even understand why he did it. He never does stuff like this. The problem is, the panel and head of security doesn't know him and what a great, standup guy he is.
He let you and your kids down.. plain and simple. This "great" guy wasn't using his head and cost you and your family 100k+in yearly healthcare contributions, pension, and wages.... I'm sorry for you and the kids

Future

Victory Ride
There's little to nothing on TV when I get home at 3AM and I have 2 school age girls in the house so I just play quietly to wind down. I wish there were better things I could do at that hour.
Was addicted too " call of duty" for a few years....and any of the other war like games