climate catastrophe

Non liberal

the 1.5 degrees above celcius has been that number for at least 20 years now if not longer.

were currently at 1.3 degrees. it keeps warming. when the planet is trashed at 2 or 2.5 degrees many in the right wing will probably clue in that something isnt the same
No, they’ve been predicting all sorts of different stuff since the 1970’s. I think originally the planet was going to be in an ice age by 1980, then the oceans were going to swallow most of the coastal homes on the east coast, then acid rain was going to kill us all, then the ozone was disintegrating and we were all going to die of sun poison, then carbon dioxide was going to suffocate us all. It literally has been 52 years of this nonsense, meanwhile nothing changes, politicians keep flying private planes, China, Britain, and Germany are now building more coal fired power plants as we speak, machines that burn a thousand gallons of diesel fuel an hour are unearthing precious metals for car batteries. It’s all a sham.

rickyb

No, they’ve been predicting all sorts of different stuff since the 1970’s. I think originally the planet was going to be in an ice age by 1980, then the oceans were going to swallow most of the coastal homes on the east coast, then acid rain was going to kill us all, then the ozone was disintegrating and we were all going to die of sun poison, then carbon dioxide was going to suffocate us all. It literally has been 52 years of this nonsense, meanwhile nothing changes, politicians keep flying private planes, China, Britain, and Germany are now building more coal fired power plants as we speak, machines that burn a thousand gallons of diesel fuel an hour are unearthing precious metals for car batteries. It’s all a sham.
theyve been saying the same thing for at least 20 years if not longer

oldngray

nowhere special
theyve been saying the same thing for at least 20 years if not longer

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
actually it IS happening

miami is flooding like crazy. earth has warmed 1.3 degrees and climbing. even locally here the news suggested why bother fixing hte seawall climate change will make it unusable LOL

Miami is flooding like crazy? That's not even true, and that wasn't the claim. The claim was Miami would be under water by now. It's not. You were lied to again, and you tried to alter the claim after the fact, probably to save face.

Non liberal

actually it IS happening

miami is flooding like crazy. earth has warmed 1.3 degrees and climbing. even locally here the news suggested why bother fixing hte seawall climate change will make it unusable LOL
Nothing that hasn’t ever happened before. I bet all the investors are selling their million dollar Miami properties aren’t they? Wrong!!

Non liberal

actually it IS happening

Yes, maybe climate change will take care of it. If it is happening there is nothing we’re going to do to stop it. It would cost too many lives to give up everything fossil fuels.

rickyb

Yes, maybe climate change will take care of it. If it is happening there is nothing we’re going to do to stop it. It would cost too many lives to give up everything fossil fuels.
going to cost many more lives if we dont give up our addiction to consumption and throw away culture

Next Day Error

X - Other
I’m curious, in what way does What’s happening or not happening now affect national security, lol.
Changes in global agricultural production. Mass migration. Wars over resources threatening the world order. Etc.

But don't take my word for it; ask the Pentagon what they think (hint: they've concluded that it's longterm national security threat since 2010).

Next Day Error

X - Other
And @Next Day Error (a fitting name BTW) says if the government Isn't funding it, the science can't be trusted. Now we find out that it's not all government funded, so, even by his logic, it can't be trusted.

Just the stuff that confirms your bias is good, right?
Exxon knew that burning hydrocarbons was a cause of global warming since 1977, dude. They hid the truth for as long as they could. But even they acknowledge their product causes warming now.

Non liberal

Changes in global agricultural production. Mass migration. Wars over resources threatening the world order. Etc.

But don't take my word for it; ask the Pentagon what they think (hint: they've concluded that it's longterm national security threat since 2010).
Lol, yeah, I’ll trust the pentagon, right. Especially with liberals in charge at the momen. There has always been wars over resources and there always will be. Countries are always jockeying for order and placement. Everybody has always wanted to be in richer countries, always happened, always will. Nothing new under the sun.

Thebrownblob

Exxon knew that burning hydrocarbons was a cause of global warming since 1977, dude. They hid the truth for as long as they could. But even they acknowledge their product causes warming now.
Unless you stop driving every vehicle you own including a UPS vehicle you’re a hypocrite. Get some good walking shoes and then I’ll believe you

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Dude... Exxon is right when they "admit" to causing global warming, but wrong when they pay scientists to say otherwise? You're a riot. You realize that oil companies profit more when oil use is restricted, right?