climate catastrophe

Next Day Error

X - Other
Dude... Exxon is right when they "admit" to causing global warming, but wrong when they pay scientists to say otherwise?
The company understood and acknowledged internally that burning hydrocarbons contributes to a warming planet through the greenhouse effect. Then they set out to obfuscate that internally-understood truth by lying and misdirecting the public.

Hope this helps.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Unless you stop driving every vehicle you own including a UPS vehicle you’re a hypocrite. Get some good walking shoes and then I’ll believe you
Of course I'm a hypocrite, if you say I'm a hypocrite. The foundation of our prosperity has come from burning hydrocarbons. But to not acknowledge the truth does a great disservice to our future progeny. We should lead the world in cleaner energy or we're :censored2:ing future generations hard.

Climate change is happening and burning fossil fuels is the main driver.

God is a figment of our imaginations. Stop using "God" to justify destroying the planet and then endlessly lying to yourselves to justify it.

Thebrownblob

Of course I'm a hypocrite, if you say I'm a hypocrite. The foundation of our prosperity has come from burning hydrocarbons. But to not acknowledge the truth does a great disservice to our future progeny. We should lead the world in cleaner energy or we're :censored2:ing future generations hard.

Climate change is happening and burning fossil fuels is the main driver.

God is a figment of our imaginations. Stop using "God" to justify destroying the planet and then endlessly lying to yourselves to justify it.

There is no man-made climate change quit drinking the Kool-Aid. We’ve been in crisis for the last 50 years a new one every 20 for people like you who are gullible. The government raising your taxes will not help with global warming or any climate change. And just like I said you are a hypocrite you think the world is going to end because of you driving a car but you’re still driving your car😂😂😂 don’t worry I am too because it’s all BS.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The company understood and acknowledged internally that burning hydrocarbons contributes to a warming planet through the greenhouse effect. Then they set out to obfuscate that internally-understood truth by lying and misdirecting the public.

Hope this helps.

Uh-huh. They're lying when they don't say what you want to hear, and telling the truth when they do. It does help drive home the point, but we already understood that you don't care about facts, just confirmation bias.

Thebrownblob

Uh-huh. They're lying when they don't say what you want to hear, and telling the truth when they do. It does help drive home the point, but we already understood that you don't care about facts, just confirmation bias.

Realistically waste of time to talk to this NPC. He was going on and on about Godin another post and I’ve never even talked to him his answers are scripted and nonsense

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Realistically waste of time to talk to this NPC. He was going on and on about Godin another post and I’ve never even talked to him his answers are scripted and nonsense

I don't see it that way. Of course, I can go back and forth with @rickyb for pages of thread derailment. I actually appreciate the exercise, it helps me prepare for when I hear the same nonsense talking points irl.

Just as the Samurai will take on an impossible challenge, it is not for him to succeed, but to become stronger through the attempt.

rickyb

I don't see it that way. Of course, I can go back and forth with @rickyb for pages of thread derailment. I actually appreciate the exercise, it helps me prepare for when I hear the same nonsense talking points irl.

Just as the Samurai will take on an impossible challenge, it is not for him to succeed, but to become stronger through the attempt.
Yea I've learned alot talking to you guys. I started posting YouTube videos about my policies if I win president

Thebrownblob

Yeah but for whatever reason I like Ricky 😂 even though I disagree with him most generally on everything.

Next Day Error

X - Other
It's not confirmation bias when it's nearly every credentialed climatologist all looking at the same data and deriving a similar grim conclusion. Just like I don't challenge from my UPS truck the body of physicists who've come to the conclusion that gravity exists.
The greenhouse effect is real and we're contributing to it and thus changing the climate globally. Policy has to catch up. The energy industry finally gave up fighting the truth and yet you guys are still here stamping your feet like toddlers in the face of overwhelming evidence.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's not confirmation bias when it's nearly every credentialed climatologist all looking at the same data and deriving a similar grim conclusion.
It is when you repeat a long since debunked argument, that was a fallacy to begin with. This is neither true, nor would it mean anything if it were.

Just like I don't challenge from my UPS truck the body of physicists who've come to the conclusion that gravity exists.
If you don't have faith in your own ability to take in and evaluate data, why should I care what you think? You don't even know enough to question these supposed experts you apparently put faith in. Furthermore, your interpretation of what the experts "agree" on is also in doubt.

Since you brought up gravity as such an obvious phenomenon perhaps you'd like to explain how gravity works. Oh, you can't? Ok, let's make it easier. Explain two of the main theories to explain gravity. You probably can't do that either, since you didn't think, from your package car, to question the "experts", so you didn't know they don't understand gravity. And they clearly have something so much more complex than gravity, like climate, totally figured out. They can't even get any predictions right.

The greenhouse effect is real and we're contributing to it and thus changing the climate globally.
Never been proven. Just a lie that keeps being repeated.

Policy has to catch up. The energy industry finally gave up fighting the truth

They realized they could make more profit by scamming you rubes. But they are liars when they say things you don't like.
and yet you guys are still here stamping your feet like toddlers in the face of overwhelming evidence.
Mere projection. Lol. I invite you to continue posting things that undermine both your argument and your credibility. It's super funny. Literally all you've brought to the table is fallacy and personal attacks. Maybe your temper tantrum is causing global warming.