climate catastrophe

rickyb

You were against of their right to move freely about? You agreed with the government freezing their bank accounts? Do you want your government to force people to take medicine they don’t want to? Do you want your government to have passports that tell you where you can’t go in your own country? Just remember the government can do that to something you don’t agree with can do it to you as well..

Pretty sad you’ll protest for people on the other side of the Earth, but not people in your own country, who just want to be given their rights that clearly the court agreed with. Once again, you are on the wrong side of this issue
did i agree with the govt freezing hteir bank account?

i think if a traffic light is red, then people should wait for it to turn green. i dont like passports but on the other hand i dont support people spreading herpes or covid lol. the former is likely illegal and i wouldnt be suprised if the latter was at some point too.

rickyb

I agree it was a little bombastic, but then again, that little twerp in North Korea was testing a bunch of missiles and pretending he was going to be a problem.
were just talking about ideas. vanmexican says ideas dont really matter so much, and i say they do. so i gave him a more extreme example of ideas (nukes) to make my point.

rickyb

But that was Trump responding to North Korea threats. Ricky wants to make like it was Trump being the threat instigator. And has nothing to do with him saying Bush tried to end Social Security. @rickyb
ideas matter. its irrelevant who was the instigator although of course it was the US as usual.

Thebrownblob

Has nothing to do with your saying Bush TRIED to end Social Security. You're spreading lies. Remember Jesus.
Still trying to wrap my head around what that has to do with what Ricky is talking about, but having said that, it’s one of the few ideas that I wished would’ve happened. My retirement would be in much better shape. Had that idea became reality for Social Security.

vantexan

Still trying to wrap my head around what that has to do with what Ricky is talking about, but having said that, it’s one of the few ideas that I wished would’ve happened. My retirement would be in much better shape. Had that idea became reality for Social Security.
And I'd be out on the street begging. Depends on whose ox is getting gored.

Thebrownblob

And I'd be out on the street begging. Depends on whose ox is getting gored.
Nothing personal, but it would’ve been better overall and moving forward for the majority of people who are younger than you. what Social Security is “promising” to give me is a pittance compared to what I could’ve accomplished on my own, basically like an annuity paying 1%.

vantexan

Nothing personal, but it would’ve been better overall and moving forward for the majority of people who are younger than you. what Social Security is “promising” to give me is a pittance compared to what I could’ve accomplished on my own, basically like an annuity paying 1%.
But tens of millions are living paycheck to paycheck and will never have much more than their Social Security. No doubt if you make enough you can invest.

Thebrownblob

But tens of millions are living paycheck to paycheck and will never have much more than their Social Security. No doubt if you make enough you can invest.
Sure, I can invest, and I do, but I would’ve loved to have that money back that I’m putting in something that the government controls poorly and invest it myself. Having a personal account such as was talked about would’ve been generational changing.