Confederate Flag at UPS (on topic)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You still have to own up to Jimmy Carter though.
The King of Peanuts.

jammy peanut.jpg

old levi's

blank space
Stayed at a RV park near Tampa recently that was quite interesting. There were sites for nightly rental, lots of tiny seasonal trailers, and some year-round residents. Everyone there knew each other and golf carts were abundant.
Lots of people from Ontario. We were the youngest couple there. I called it Hobbitville.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How would you handle this in your facility?

That's a legitimate question.

First off, it's not (really) a Union issue.

Inside employees are minimally affected by clothing "standards" and there is

no contractual language addressing it. (kind of)

Is it smart ?

Nope.

Keep your personal business outside of UPS.... would be my advice.

Probably good ass beating at the very least.

@UpstateNYUPSer

It's statements like this.... by a wanna be thug.

-Bug-

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The Civil War was fought over States Rights.
Lincoln was a tyrant.
The Confederate States of America had a legitimate right to leave the United States of America. They fought to protect their economy.
Too bad nobody assassinated Lincoln before the Civil War began.

Indecisi0n

I ask this because a part-time supervisor said over the radio today to the hub manager and full time supervisor that he doesn't want to see anyone wearing Confederate Flags. This isn't the first time he's said about this. The hub manager and full time supervisor say the will address it with me, but never do. So I continue to wear it. Said part-time supervisor is offended because his wife is black.
The snowflake generation strikes again. He will argue up and down and get reps involved to wear a stupid ass hat but when it comes to Union meetings and fighting for his rights will just lay down because he doesn't have time for that.

Pick your battles more carefully.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
This is why uniforms were created, to make people look the same regardless of social class, wealthy, poor or political stance.

Which begs the question, why aren’t loaders and sorters made to wear like little UPS Elf suits...

over9five

Staff member
Wear that up here in Connecticut and you'd never make it back out to the guard shack alive.
I thought that statement was pretty weird at first cuz I'm right next door in Mass, and I can't imagine anyone caring what's on his hat.
But I've been to Hartford (UPS) many times, and I understand now. HIGH percentage of African Americans work there.
Just wanted to put the statement in some kind of context for anyone else who didn't get it.