Contract Boogieman

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So why did everyone complain in the surveys about working T-S, excessive overtime and 6 day punches. Now they make it so full timeers got what they wanted and you guys are asking for is exactly what we had in the first place.

The solution "the union" came up with to these issues is about as good as a doctor cutting off a finger to cure a hangnail. Sure, the original problem is addressed, but now you have bigger problems.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Dude don’t act like it is just the younger generation. We have a 40 year driver willing to vote yes on this crap contract.
Simply due to the fact they plan on being gone before it ends. Knowing it is bad for the unborn. So don’t act like the old school isn’t just as bad chico.
Never said it wasn’t. Said everyone wants instant gratification. But I stand by saying especially the younger generation which I believe is true.

Tony Q

No thanks.

Regardless, the suggestion to take the word of one elected official, who may or may not have your best interests at heart, over what is in black and white, right in front of your eyes, is among the most insane I've ever heard.

If you want to talk to your BA, fine. There is nothing wrong with that. To suggest that someone directly involved with the organization that brought us this awful contract is to be trusted implicitly is simply irresponsible.
You can always call the IBT.

Superteeth2478

You have no idea of what or why I will vote. It’s just easier for you to attack and make crap up to discredit someone tather than hear the hard truths.
Bull:censored2:. If you were going to vote "no", you would have a "contract boogieman" thread where you attacked people who were telling you to vote "yes" without all the information at hand too (cough, UPS/IBT cough). You're so full of :censored2: you're probably starting to believe the crap spilling out of your overflowing mouth. You're also a bad liar. Like, a really bad liar. Hey everyone, who here really believes that LagunaBrown is going to vote anything other than "yes"?

LagunaBrown

Oh so 22.4 are not FT?

Please show me where we also asked for them to pay them less and not allow them on 9.5 or 8 hour days? I'd love to see the proposal that said.

"Dear union, I would like to stop working long hours and weekends but I demand the people that do make less then me and have no Art. 37 protection."
We already have drivers that are called cover drivers that have that language and 22.4 is an upgrade. Cover driver language allowed us to hire a bunch of full time jobs through ratios and cover drivers accrued full time progression. It gave guys opportunity to drive on half the time. I don’t expect you to understand the dynamics but I’m sure you will act like you know it all.

LagunaBrown

Bull:censored2:. If you were going to vote "no", you would have a "contract boogieman" thread where you attacked people who were telling you to vote "yes" without all the information at hand too (cough, UPS/IBT cough). You're so full of :censored2: you're probably starting to believe the crap spilling out of your overflowing mouth. You're also a bad liar. Like, a really bad liar. Hey everyone, who here really believes that LagunaBrown is going to vote anything other than "yes"?
Read the opening statement genius.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
We already have drivers that are called cover drivers that have that language and 22.4 is an upgrade. Cover driver language allowed us to hire a bunch of full time jobs through ratios and cover drivers accrued full time progression. It gave guys opportunity to drive on half the time. I don’t expect you to understand the dynamics but I’m sure you will act like you know it all.

Superteeth2478

Read the opening statement genius.
And that's the thing about liars, they're inconsistent. They forget what they lied about, and then when they try to prove they're telling the truth, they get tripped up on their own lies.
Depends on your region but your obviously voting NO... Have you even read the National, supplements and riders? I bet you have not like 90% of the vote no movement.
You remember posting this? You're attacking the vote no movement, not UPS and the IBT for trying to sell this contract like Billy Mays sells OxiClean. Might as well go ahead and say something stupid like "No, someone else logged into my account and posted that!" No one believes your lies anyways...

542thruNthru

We have PT Cover Drivers here as well who work FT. I understand that the pay got a little better for them and they will contribute to a full-time pension. I also understand that the company can not have more then a 10% bench of cover drivers. Even with only 10% becoming a FT driver has jumped to 10-11 year wait. Now they want to essentially do away with cover drivers and add 22.4s. Instead of 10% now we will have 25%. Tell me how long do you think the wait will be for RPCD now?

Cover Drivers was a bad idea but we didn't see it fully until it was here. Now 22.4 is on its way and I think... "fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

I'm not trying to attack you and I don't know it all. You are the one coming on here attacking us because we haven't seen the Supplemental Riders and are ready to vote No on the Master. I asked you some questions. You like to point out the good points but refuse to discuss the bad ones. I've already acknowledge the good points now it's your turn to acknowledge the bad ones.

Superteeth2478

@LagunaBrown, come on back and answer to what I posted up top. In case you forgot, that statement about "90% of the vote no movement" not reading the contract, supplements, and riders was the second post you made in your own thread about the "contract boogieman"...I wonder what lie you'll come up with now. Better yet, just keep your tail between your legs and your lies in your mouth.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
This guy is the opposite of fitbit lol. Different tactic same result. He wants us to each call our BA in private and whisper. Look buddy we can read and make our own decisions. The contract boogieman? is actually Laguna if you think about it.

LagunaBrown

We have PT Cover Drivers here as well who work FT. I understand that the pay got a little better for them and they will contribute to a full-time pension. I also understand that the company can not have more then a 10% bench of cover drivers. Even with only 10% becoming a FT driver has jumped to 10-11 year wait. Now they want to essentially do away with cover drivers and add 22.4s. Instead of 10% now we will have 25%. Tell me how long do you think the wait will be for RPCD now?

Cover Drivers was a bad idea but we didn't see it fully until it was here. Now 22.4 is on its way and I think... "fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

I'm not trying to attack you and I don't know it all. You are the one coming on here attacking us because we haven't seen the Supplemental Riders and are ready to vote No on the Master. I asked you some questions. You like to point out the good points but refuse to discuss the bad ones. I've already acknowledge the good points now it's your turn to acknowledge the bad ones.
You got me there, I do stir the pot because it is so one sided here and I want people to see all sides. These arguments help me get perspectives from all regions and to make my decision. I am not a big fan of the 22.4 but it is more bearable because of our guaranteed hours and cover drivers been working Saturday. Obviously no one like 4 year progression for air guys. I dont like no catch up raises but hope the rail and full time positions move them up faster. I grieve a lot so the penalty pay going up gets to me a bit. There are a few more but mainly minor stuff. Obviously the big issue is the 22.4. That being said there are good improvements that we could loose for retiree if not careful. Everything has to be weighed out and to be honestly I hope people address these issues at their contract meeting.

LagunaBrown

@LagunaBrown, come on back and answer to what I posted up top. In case you forgot, that statement about "90% of the vote no movement" not reading the contract, supplements, and riders was the second post you made in your own thread about the "contract boogieman"...I wonder what lie you'll come up with now. Better yet, just keep your tail between your legs and your lies in your mouth.
Yup I still think most vote no guys have no clue if they have a daily guarantee or not. Just being honest.

LagunaBrown

This guy is the opposite of fitbit lol. Different tactic same result. He wants us to each call our BA in private and whisper. Look buddy we can read and make our own decisions. The contract boogieman? is actually Laguna if you think about it.
To tell people not to talk to the BA and stop engaging with the Union is wrong period.

LagunaBrown

Actually there are a lot of you sending the message not to ask your Business Agent questions. I wonder how many of you have been in a TDU flyer.

Everyone has different things in their lives.
Just wanted to point out that 4X10 doesn't get OT after 8
How do you know your 4X10 language doesn’t get ot? We may have the 4X10 language but it also says ot after 8 hours.