Contract Boogieman

Then why are they still your Agent? There are clearly two choices here, You blame him for sucking or blame yourself for accepting it. #truth

Regardless of how I feel about my BA, the fact is that they are not infallible, and they can be just as wrong as you or I. Just because they work for the union doesn't mean they know how to read any better than I do. Also, I can't fire a BA on my own. Also, I'm too old for hashtags.

Time for change

Considering the guy they picked to be in charge of negotiating on behalf of a quarter million people is uneducated, chances are you can read better than the average union official.

542thruNthru

Considering the guy they picked to be in charge of negotiating on behalf of a quarter million people is uneducated, chances are you can read better than the average union official.

No one has any idea who you are talking to. Seriously for someone that keeps taking about someone's IQ how is it you still haven't learned how to use the reply button!

Let me help you find it.
sketch-1533160717938.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 204521

LAST CONTRACT

Remember when they said our carve out could not be done.
Remember when they said we would be in Teamcare.
Remember when they said we would pay for healthcare.
Remember when they said we would make less in our pension.

READ YOUR AREA SUPPLEMENTS AND RIDERS YOURSELF AND DON'T BELIEVE THE SOCIAL MEDIA HYPE.
LOCAL UNIONS ARE HAVING MEETINGS ON THE NEW LANGUAGE.

Ok, did what you said. The master is still unacceptable, and the supplemental and rider did nothing to fix it. Not sure why the supplementals and riders had to be released before I could form an opinion about the Master, but oh well. I'm voting no, and my BA still agrees.

LagunaBrown

Ok, did what you said. The master is still unacceptable, and the supplemental and rider did nothing to fix it. Not sure why the supplementals and riders had to be released before I could form an opinion about the Master, but oh well. I'm voting no, and my BA still agrees.
Your supplements and riders must suck. If your BA is telling you to vote no that means he must suck too. Fix your supplements and riders and you will be stoked.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Your supplements and riders must suck. If your BA is telling you to vote no that means he must suck too. Fix your supplements and riders and you will be stoked.

Yep, the supplement, rider and master all suck. And my BA doesn't suck 'cause he's not trying to get me to vote yes on a sucky contract. What does that say about you? I made my suggestions for improvements, but I can't get them into the contract by sheer force of will. The only hope I have of getting a better contract is if this one gets voted down.

LagunaBrown

Yep, the supplement, rider and master all suck. And my BA doesn't suck 'cause he's not trying to get me to vote yes on a sucky contract. What does that say about you? I made my suggestions for improvements, but I can't get them into the contract by sheer force of will. The only hope I have of getting a better contract is if this one gets voted down.
I bet you been living with a crappy supplements all your career. If your BA has not fixed it he stinks. Get rid of him

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I bet you been living with a crappy supplements all your career. If your BA has not fixed it he stinks. Get rid of him

Do you really think an entire supplemental is up to a single BA? Ultimately our supplemental and rider aren't terrible, except in context of the ta master. It's likely our jc negotiators didn't put in the effort to properly prepare for negotiation. It's almost like the 22.4 language caught them flat footed. Every region could have at least fixed the pay for the 22.4 if they had realized the master doesn't supercede the supplementals on that subject. Ours didn't, I'm guessing most didn't.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If we do that, who will be there to yell "Scab and TDU" along with various other insults at the next IBT Convention?

....oh yeah, that's right, the Hoffa guys from the west coast.

LagunaBrown

Do you really think an entire supplemental is up to a single BA? Ultimately our supplemental and rider aren't terrible, except in context of the ta master. It's likely our jc negotiators didn't put in the effort to properly prepare for negotiation. It's almost like the 22.4 language caught them flat footed. Every region could have at least fixed the pay for the 22.4 if they had realized the master doesn't supercede the supplementals on that subject. Ours didn't, I'm guessing most didn't.
Ok I get that and why you would vote no. Like I said it depends on your supplements and riders but many people are just saying to vote no when they don’t know their region language. Here is yes yours is no. I know some regions have fixed the daily guarantee after they caught it and that what you should stress to your local leaders.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nope....anybody who comes here often (rather than only when they have something to sell) knows that defending my BA is highly unlikely.

We don't buy into your "Fix The Master Through Your Supplement" system.

But hey, if you choose to be like the Company and through crap against wall to see what sticks, continue on.

Last edited: