Coronavirus

vantexan

No Van, New York, Rhode Island, and especially California and Arizona have a much lower relative humidity than Florida. Ttku...
So what about all the states that have as high or nearly as high? And coastal New York and Rhode Island have a lot of humidity too. I spent a year in Connecticut and the humidity there is nasty. I'm a native Floridian. And is there scientific evidence that high humidity lowers coronavirus risk? Not to mention Florida had wave after wave of covid spikes every time a bunch of people came down for a holiday. What Florida proved was it was not necessary to ruin your economy to manage a pandemic.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You mean our lock down State? We still have a mask mandate. puff, puff....whatever. lol
Here you go @tonyexpress , just for you. 😎
camo-gas-mask_525x700.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So what about all the states that have as high or nearly as high? And coastal New York and Rhode Island have a lot of humidity too. I spent a year in Connecticut and the humidity there is nasty. I'm a native Floridian. And is there scientific evidence that high humidity lowers coronavirus risk? Not to mention Florida had wave after wave of covid spikes every time a bunch of people came down for a holiday. What Florida proved was it was not necessary to ruin your economy to manage a pandemic.

It's actually absolute humidity rather than relative, but this isn't new science. It should have been taken into consideration when implementing mitigation efforts.

I believe the fact that food processing facilities have been hot spots at much higher rates than most other industries fits in with the idea of dry air helping spread respiratory viruses. These plants are necessarily held at cooler temperatures, and cooler air holds less moisture. Controlling humidity in indoor spaces is far more likely to help slow the spread, while minimizing disruption of people's lives and infringement of their rights. Why our experts couldn't make those connections in over a year is a question I'll leave to everyone to answer for themselves.

A lot of information in this one. Even found out some info I hadn't seen before about virulence being inversely proportional to humidity levels, regardless of any other factors. This article explains why social distancing in doors is pretty much useless. I wonder why so many public health officials are so blatantly disregarding actual science, preferring instead to follow public opinion, superstition and the precautionary principle.

"The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My sister in law is basically like we aren’t leaving the house until 2022.

They have a 10 year old and 11 year old. For the most part healthy kids. Other than they’ve been shielded from germs their entire life. She’s not doing anything until they get the vaccine.

They ordered out food for the SECOND time this entire time a week ago. They left the house for school pictures and to visit their grandma once. That’s it.

She’s a germaphobe home body and this has been like her dream scenario. It’s nuts.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My sister in law is basically like we aren’t leaving the house until 2022.

They have a 10 year old and 11 year old. For the most part healthy kids. Other than they’ve been shielded from germs their entire life. She’s not doing anything until they get the vaccine.

They ordered our food for the SECOND time this entire time. They left the house for school pictures and to visit their grandma once. That’s it.

She’s a germaphobe home body and this has been like her dream scenario. It’s nuts.
Poor kids. That’s almost child abuse.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Sign on Lowe's today said you didn't need a mask if you had a second shot. Had a second shot of the Tullamore vaccine this weekend so mask-free I went.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sign on Lowe's today said you didn't need a mask if you had a second shot. Had a second shot of the Tullamore vaccine this weekend so mask-free I went.
I went in the grocery store yesterday wearing my mask. I looked around and thought, Why am I the only one wearing a mask? Off it went. On my way out the door I saw a sign saying that anyone who hasn’t had or hasn’t finished getting their vaccinations, must be masked.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I went in the grocery store yesterday wearing my mask. I looked around and thought, Why am I the only one wearing a mask? Off it went. On my way out the door I saw a sign saying that anyone who hasn’t had or hasn’t finished getting their vaccinations, must be masked.
I see businesses occasionally that have the sign but when you go in not even the employees have one on. Sign's probably more for legal lip service than anything.