Coronavirus

wilberforce15

Talk to your doctor about the vaccine if you have questions about safety and efficacy.
But you also are trying to have it both ways.

My doctor is completely fine with me not taking it, and supports my decision.

So, you would then say I need a new doctor.

Really, all you want me to do is whatever you say.

The Driver

I drive.
But you also are trying to have it both ways.

My doctor is completely fine with me not taking it, and supports my decision.

So, you would then say I need a new doctor.

Really, all you want me to do is whatever you say.
That's fine. Best of luck.

You guys get hung up on the FDA approval stuff but then a former FDA chief says that this virus WILL infect those that haven't been infected yet and that haven't received the vaccine and that COVID would likely be the most serious viral infections of their lives.

So, good luck.

The Driver

I drive.
Because they all know that they can lose their jobs and reputations if they ever thought of asking a question or expressing a doubt?
Then apparently they thought the vaccines were at least safe to get. Who in their right mind would get a vaccine to save their careers if they thought it would kill them?

Critical thinking, folks. Critical thinking.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
99.7% of deaths from this virus are from people that are unvaccinated. The vaccines are safe. If you're worried about mRNA technology then go get the Johnson & Johnson shot.
Yep, stop worrying about Yahoo's that don't want the vaccine. Stop all government benefits related to the kung-flu as well.

wilberforce15

Then apparently they thought the vaccines were at least safe to get. Who in their right mind would get a vaccine to save their careers if they thought it would kill them?

Critical thinking, folks. Critical thinking.
They don't think it would kill them. You're creating a straw man.

A whole ton of them have doubts about the margins of alleged safety or effectiveness, or about the raw danger of covid itself depending on the demographic. None of them think the vaccine is injecting miniature suicide-robots.

They got the vaccine because it's mostly safe and not a problem. But covid is also not really a problem. So, it's easy to go along to get along, get the shot, recommend the shot, and shut up. That's all they have to do. So they do.

The Driver

I drive.
Yep, stop worrying about Yahoo's that don't want the vaccine. Stop all government benefits related to the kung-flu as well.
How about we give you guys 90 days to get vaccinated and then turn away Covid patients at the hospital after that period? I'd support that. Go home and die. Best of luck. I don't want you whackos destroying our health care system this winter.

The Driver

I drive.
They don't think it would kill them. You're creating a straw man.

A whole ton of them have doubts about the margins of alleged safety or effectiveness, or about the raw danger of covid itself depending on the demographic. None of them think the vaccine is injecting miniature suicide-robots.

They got the vaccine because it's mostly safe and not a problem. But covid is also not really a problem. So, it's easy to go along to get along, get the shot, recommend the shot, and shut up. That's all they have to do. So they do.
BECAUSE THE VACCINES ARE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE AND 1000% BETTER THAN TAKING AN UNNECESSARY RISK

wilberforce15

BECAUSE THE VACCINES ARE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE AND 1000% BETTER THAN TAKING AN UNNECESSARY RISK
The vaccines are relatively safe and relatively effective for most people in most situations, yes. Everyone on all sides agrees on that.

That doesn't mean they should be universally recommended. It doesn't mean teenagers or middle-aged healthy people should get it. And it doesn't mean they're AS safe and effective as advertised.

wilberforce15

Now this I can partially agree with. People underestimate the power of food. But who's actually eating this way besides you and I?
So why don't you support shipping a head of broccoli to every household in the country starting last March? We all knew this.

Why not a federal program to pay fatties $100/lb to lose weight?

All of that is cheaper and less invasive and more effective.