Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
So why don't you support shipping a head of broccoli to every household in the country starting last March? We all knew this.

Why not a federal program to pay fatties $100/lb to lose weight?

All of that is cheaper and less invasive and more effective.
Because of the immediacy of the virus. Takes a lot of time and adherence to lifestyle medicine to make a difference, although it's life-saving.

But yes, we've got a massive problem with our poisonous food system. Most people would laugh at us for saying this but it's self-evident.

wilberforce15

The vaccines only exist because all effective treatments were sabotaged and stonewalled. They let people die without good treatment, because if an effective treatment exists, you can't get a vaccine approved.

So, in order to get a vaccine, they had to make sure that no treatments worked.

That's why all the therapeutics were downplayed, ignored, or unstudied from the beginning.

wilberforce15

Because of the immediacy of the virus. Takes a lot of time and adherence to lifestyle medicine to make a difference, although it's life-saving.

But yes, we've got a massive problem with our poisonous food system. Most people would laugh at us for saying this but it's self-evident.
No, it doesn't take time. It's been 18 months and it's still not even okay for the CDC or FDA or anybody else to tell the fatties to cut it out.

The Driver

I drive.
The vaccines only exist because all effective treatments were sabotaged and stonewalled. They let people die without good treatment, because if an effective treatment exists, you can't get a vaccine approved.

So, in order to get a vaccine, they had to make sure that no treatments worked.

That's why all the therapeutics were downplayed, ignored, or unstudied from the beginning.
It's kind of similar to companies trying to add greens or goji berries or whatever to their processed meat to make them a healthier choice instead of just flat out telling us the truth about the dangers of processed meat. People should be able to make their own choice but they should make that choice based on the best available information. Not misinformation.

The profit motive is real and it's pervasive in every industry.

I still think the vaccines for this virus have proven themselves. Doesn't take away from the fact that this country needs to have a real conversation about our chronic health problems and lifestyles and diets.

The Driver

I drive.
I'm not afraid of the Chinese Virus.
I'm glad there's a vaccine for it, you death cult Democrats were really acting crazy with your fear mongering.
Doctors are now reporting that people are expressing remorse about not protecting themselves in their last minutes in the ICU. It's just so unnecessary. But of course it's your choice to take that risk.

How's your BMI and blood pressure? You will be infected with this thing eventually if you haven't yet according to Trump's FDA chief.

wilberforce15

It's kind of similar to companies trying to add greens or goji berries or whatever to their processed meat to make them a healthier choice instead of just flat out telling us the truth about the dangers of processed meat. People should be able to make their own choice but they should make that choice based on the best available information. Not misinformation.

The profit motive is real and it's pervasive in every industry.

I still think the vaccines for this virus have proven themselves. Doesn't take away from the fact that this country needs to have a real conversation about our chronic health problems and lifestyles and diets.
As I've said, they're relatively safe and relatively effective. They're just not as safe or effective as advertised. And we should've had proper public policy on health (which means telling fatties to stop being fatties, in exactly those terms and not more subtle) and used/studied therapeutics properly.

I'm a "vaccine skeptic" or whatever that means, but 99% of people like that are not Alex Jones people. They've simply done a risk/reward calculation for their own situation, and they don't believe it's likely to be a big help. And it bears more risk than most acknowledge. That's about it. Nothing crazy.

I think almost everyone who takes the vaccine will be completely fine. I also think it's riskier than we are told, that no problems are properly tracked, that we don't really know, and that for ME, covid is less risky than the shot.

wilberforce15

Doctors are now reporting that people are expressing remorse about not protecting themselves in their last minutes in the ICU. It's just so unnecessary. But of course it's your choice to take that risk.

How's your BMI and blood pressure? You will be infected with this thing eventually if you haven't yet according to Trump's FDA chief.
I contributed my immunity to the public very early on.

All healthy, young-ish people should've been getting it from the beginning to increase early herd immunity in populations that aren't very vulnerable. That's why lockdowns didn't help. We needed the thing to spread amongst the healthy far more.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Be afraid be very afraid!
You're in a death cult.

The Driver

I drive.
I contributed my immunity to the public very early on.

All healthy, young-ish people should've been getting it from the beginning to increase early herd immunity in populations that aren't very vulnerable. That's why lockdowns didn't help. We needed the thing to spread amongst the healthy far more.
One of the guys I work with was infected and was super sick. In his 40s. Said he's never been sicker but pulled out of it. That was months ago.

And then the other day he's been puffing his chest out and saying it was no big deal. Big tough guy. Ridiculous, childish behavior.

wilberforce15

The funny thing is that I'm some kind of anti-science guy, but I convinced my diabetic, overweight 70 year old parents to get the shot.

It has far more reward than risk for them.

I'm also willing to lose my job or pull my kids from any situation that would require the vaccine. The shot has far more risk than reward for us.

It's almost like different people are different.

I follow the science.

wilberforce15

One of the guys I work with was infected and was super sick. In his 40s. Said he's never been sicker but pulled out of it. That was months ago.

And then the other day he's been puffing his chest out and saying it was no big deal. Big tough guy. Ridiculous, childish behavior.
Anecdotes are not data.

The Driver

I drive.
The funny thing is that I'm some kind of anti-science guy, but I convinced my diabetic, overweight 70 year old parents to get the shot.

It has far more reward than risk for them.

I'm also willing to lose my job or pull my kids from any situation that would require the vaccine. The shot has far more risk than reward for us.

It's almost like different people are different.

I follow the science.
Where's the data on this risk of vaccines?

wilberforce15

Where's the data on this risk of vaccines?
That's problem number one. The pro-vaccine crowd won't allow any good data to be collected. That's automatically a red flag of shady behavior.

The risk of the vaccines can be triangulated a few ways for different crowds, but good direct data is almost impossible to get. The only reliable answer I have is that it's not a catastrophic high risk, and it's not as low risk as is alleged. Other than that, I don't know.

But I do have very good information about how bad covid is for my demographic and for my kids' demographics. And that risk of covid is basically zero. Therefore, in the risk-reward calculation, I am happy to take the near-zero risk of the disease against the unknown (but probably still small) risk of the vaccine.

The Driver

I drive.
That's problem number one. The pro-vaccine crowd won't allow any good data to be collected. That's automatically a red flag of shady behavior.

The risk of the vaccines can be triangulated a few ways for different crowds, but good direct data is almost impossible to get. The only reliable answer I have is that it's not a catastrophic high risk, and it's not as low risk as is alleged. Other than that, I don't know.

But I do have very good information about how bad covid is for my demographic and for my kids' demographics. And that risk of covid is basically zero. Therefore, in the risk-reward calculation, I am happy to take the near-zero risk of the disease against the unknown (but probably still small) risk of the vaccine.
So you don't have any good, reliable data to report. Okay.

I couldn't agree with you more about our trashed health due to food and lifestyle but you're way off when it comes to the immediacy of the problem of the virus and the so-called risks of vaccine.

wilberforce15

So you don't have any good, reliable data to report. Okay.

I couldn't agree with you more about our trashed health due to food and lifestyle but you're way off when it comes to the immediacy of the problem of the virus and the so-called risks of vaccine.
I don't have any good safety data because there are no good safety data. That's precisely the problem.

So, in doing a risk-reward calculation, I take the known nearly-zero risk of COVID against the small, but unknown risk of the shot.