Coronavirus

rickyb

The parties don't always choose the best candidate. Often its the one that checks the right boxes and demographics. They seldom ran real nutjobs like Nader.
The grease rises to the top. Do they ever choose the best... i think democrats put in mechanisms in place to prevent another george mcgovern from being nominated. nader is no nut job those r the guys we elected.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Johns Hopkins Physician on The Power of Natural Covid Immunity — 85 percent are immune…

The news about the U.S. Covid pandemic is even better than you’ve heard. Some 80% to 85% of American adults are immune to the virus: More than 64% have received at least one vaccine dose and, of those who haven’t, roughly half have natural immunity from prior infection. There’s ample scientific evidence that natural immunity is effective and durable, and public-health leaders should pay it heed.

Only around 10% of Americans have had confirmed positive Covid tests, but four to six times as many have likely had the infection. A February study in Nature used antibody screenings in late summer 2020 to estimate there had been seven times as many actual cases as confirmed cases. A similar study, by the University of Albany and New York State Department of Health, revealed that by the end of March 2020—the first month of New York’s pandemic—23% of the city’s population had antibodies. That share necessarily increased as the pandemic spread.

MAKAVELI

Johns Hopkins Physician on The Power of Natural Covid Immunity — 85 percent are immune…

The news about the U.S. Covid pandemic is even better than you’ve heard. Some 80% to 85% of American adults are immune to the virus: More than 64% have received at least one vaccine dose and, of those who haven’t, roughly half have natural immunity from prior infection. There’s ample scientific evidence that natural immunity is effective and durable, and public-health leaders should pay it heed.

Only around 10% of Americans have had confirmed positive Covid tests, but four to six times as many have likely had the infection. A February study in Nature used antibody screenings in late summer 2020 to estimate there had been seven times as many actual cases as confirmed cases. A similar study, by the University of Albany and New York State Department of Health, revealed that by the end of March 2020—the first month of New York’s pandemic—23% of the city’s population had antibodies. That share necessarily increased as the pandemic spread.

vantexan

You said "it's over" weeks ago when I said we would have 1,500 daily deaths a day by October 15.

We're getting close to that already and it's not even September.

It's not over.

You're wrong.

People are dying.

The vast majority are unvaccinated.

They're younger than the earlier waves.

You're wrong.
Florida is averaging 247 daily deaths over the last 14 days according to the New York Times. That's up 61% over the previous 14 day period.

vantexan

You said "it's over" weeks ago when I said we would have 1,500 daily deaths a day by October 15.

We're getting close to that already and it's not even September.

It's not over.

You're wrong.

People are dying.

The vast majority are unvaccinated.

They're younger than the earlier waves.

You're wrong.
Last January saw an average 3100 people die a day nationwide with some days over 4000. So looks like your Delta variant, while deadly, isn't as deadly as the previous major strain.

oldngray

nowhere special
Last January saw an average 3100 people die a day nationwide with some days over 4000. So looks like your Delta variant, while deadly, isn't as deadly as the previous major strain.
The reports were that Delta spread more easily but was less serious. The data is backing that up.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Well, you stay locked up... the rest of us will continue to enjoy the, shorter lines, less complaining, and additional space with all the ignorant staying home. lol

Last edited:

vantexan

The grease rises to the top. Do they ever choose the best... i think democrats put in mechanisms in place to prevent another george mcgovern from being nominated. nader is no nut job those r the guys we elected.
So you're saying Democrats circumvent the democratic process with their Democratic process.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Still irresponsible to not try to gain some herd immunity to cut down on the amount of virus circulating to protect as many kids as possible.
Thats why when i found out that my bro in law and kids had covid, i had him drop the kids off at my house for the weekend. Even though we already had it, just wanted to be doubly sure.