Coronavirus

MAKAVELI

That's not true at all. The tests cannot differentiate between different viruses. The PCR test only looks for a small segment of rna that is supposed to be from sars cov 2, but since so few labs have actualy isolated it, there is little confirmation that this segment actually comes from sars cov 2, and no way to prove that it is specific to sars cov 2. You may be talking about the amplification cycles, which is another problem with PCR tests done from the start through Biden's inauguration. The fact that the amp cycles were too high is another reason doubt the numbers throughout all of last year. Even the NY Times ran an article that explained that the PCR tests were yielding up to 90% false positives.

The fact that they fixed the overcycling issue doesn't change the other reliability issues with the PCR test, which is exactly why they are phasing it out. The antigen tests have already had their EUA revoked. The only reason the pcr hasn't been revoked is because they have nothing else.

I should be annoyed that I have to explain all this, but I can be patient to a fault sometimes.
Fake news.

vantexan

That's not true at all. The tests cannot differentiate between different viruses. The PCR test only looks for a small segment of rna that is supposed to be from sars cov 2, but since so few labs have actualy isolated it, there is little confirmation that this segment actually comes from sars cov 2, and no way to prove that it is specific to sars cov 2. You may be talking about the amplification cycles, which is another problem with PCR tests done from the start through Biden's inauguration. The fact that the amp cycles were too high is another reason doubt the numbers throughout all of last year. Even the NY Times ran an article that explained that the PCR tests were yielding up to 90% false positives.

The fact that they fixed the overcycling issue doesn't change the other reliability issues with the PCR test, which is exactly why they are phasing it out. The antigen tests have already had their EUA revoked. The only reason the pcr hasn't been revoked is because they have nothing else.

I should be annoyed that I have to explain all this, but I can be patient to a fault sometimes.
Take it up with all the websites that say differently.

The Driver

I drive.
The best thing public health officials could have done to increase vaccinations early-on would have been to tell all these contrarian, petulant Republicans that Nancy Pelosi was hoarding all the vaccines and that these Karens and fat, goatee-sporting idiots wouldn't have access to them. There would have been a rush to get the shots out of anger.

vantexan

The best thing public health officials could have done to increase vaccinations early-on would have been to tell all these contrarian, petulant Republicans that Nancy Pelosi was hoarding all the vaccines and that these Karens and fat, goatee-sporting idiots wouldn't have access to them. There would have been a rush to get the shots out of anger.
As if we'd want anything Nancy has.

The Driver

I drive.
nancy.jpg

She looks like an ex-girlfriend of mine... smokin'

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Early on it was Democrats who were anti vaxxers. So your post is ahistorical nonsense.

The Driver

I drive.
It's over because anyone who wants a vaccine can get one. That is a fact. You need to face it.
Fanciful, wishful thinking. It's not over until Americans take action to cause it to be over. And that's if we're lucky and it doesn't mutate to avoid the protection of the vaccine.

But I've heard that this thing will all be over by Easter 2020. Oops!

vantexan

More people than at any time in this pandemic are dying in Florida from this coronavirus.

You said this thing was over weeks ago. Oops. Guess you're wrong. Again.
Not true. Florida had about 30,000 deaths at the end of January. There's been about 13,640 since then. Most of those occurred more than two months ago.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Fanciful, wishful thinking. It's not over until Americans take action to cause it to be over. And that's if we're lucky and it doesn't mutate to avoid the protection of the vaccine.

But I've heard that this thing will all be over by Easter 2020. Oops!
It's over.
Anyone who wants a vaccine can get one.
You need to find something else to obsess over.

The Driver

I drive.
It's over.
Anyone who wants a vaccine can get one.
You need to find something else to obsess over.
You said "it's over" weeks ago when I said we would have 1,500 daily deaths a day by October 15.

We're getting close to that already and it's not even September.

It's not over.

You're wrong.

People are dying.

The vast majority are unvaccinated.

They're younger than the earlier waves.

You're wrong.