Coronavirus

satellitedriver

I think that is what is being investigating. Do we know that they were live rounds?
The term "live round" is a misnomer.
All blank bullets are a live round, just not with lead, or copper on the tip.
Paper is used, instead of lead, on the end of the bullet case.
Have you ever been hit with a spit wad fired from a straw?
It could sting.
Imagine that wad of paper hitting you at 1200ft/per second.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Geraldo Rivera said tonight that in a gun that shoots blanks after being discharged there is sometimes a metal remnant left in the gun. If the gun isn't properly checked and another blank is discharged it can force that metal remnant through like a bullet. Said that's what killed Brandon Lee. It was reported a bunch of the crew walked off the set earlier in a labor dispute so could be that the guy in charge of checking the gun wasn't there.
Ya Bruce Lee's son was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about this. Doubt there's a prop guy in existence who doesn't know that story. Not sure how this happens without gross incompetence.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think that is what is being investigating. Do we know that they were live rounds?
Geraldo Rivera said tonight that in a gun that shoots blanks after being discharged there is sometimes a metal remnant left in the gun. If the gun isn't properly checked and another blank is discharged it can force that metal remnant through like a bullet. Said that's what killed Brandon Lee. It was reported a bunch of the crew walked off the set earlier in a labor dispute so could be that the guy in charge of checking the gun wasn't there.

Everything I read mentioned a live round. But it's not that hard to imagine that information was incorrect and it's like what @vantexan said.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ya Bruce Lee's son was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about this. Doubt there's a prop guy in existence who doesn't know that story. Not sure how this happens without gross incompetence.
Malicious intent.

Trump repaying Baldwin for ridiculing him on SNL.

Everything will be Trump's fault for a least a decade after he's dead and gone.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It could sting.
Might be tough for a spit wad no matter the speed to go through one body and hit another.

PT Car Washer

It could sting.
In the Army we used blank M 16 rounds all of the time in training. Some guys would take off the blank firing device and shoot cleaning rods out of the barrel. I have shot at a phone book with a blank and it will penetrate half way through at close range. News said the blanks they use carry more powder then a normal round for the special effects.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
FCVYzrLXMAUBZ6T.jpeg

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Now this news channel knows how to handle young people that act like they are concerned about Climate Change. You would never hear this over here in the USA on our propaganda news channels. I know it’s hard to listen through the little world polluter Greta but the news guy afterwards has some advice for all that are concerned on how to really help with this climate change that is going to kill us all if the COVID doesn’t do it first.

satellitedriver

In the Army we used blank M 16 rounds all of the time in training. Some guys would take off the blank firing device and shoot cleaning rods out of the barrel. I have shot at a phone book with a blank and it will penetrate half way through at close range. News said the blanks they use carry more powder then a normal round for the special effects.
That is exactly how a grenade is launched from an SKS/AK platform.

satellitedriver

Might be tough for a spit wad no matter the speed to go through one body and hit another.
Obviously you do not know what a wad is in a bullet/shell casing.
Spit wad was a metaphor to explain the force of an object ejected at velocity through a tube.
I have had plastic wads out of a 410 shot gun go through 1/2 plywood.
Maybe you have seen the equation.
P=m x a.
That should explain the physics, but not the reason for the tragedy.