Coronavirus

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

People might mistakenly think the COVID-19 vaccines will completely block infection, but the shots are mainly designed to prevent severe illness, says Louis Mansky, a virus researcher at the University of Minnesota.

Why not tell people this instead of pretending it will stop everything? This is what happens when you choose not to cooperate with the opposing party in order to win an election like the Dems did. The result, fear, mistrust, woke canceling, and no discussion of possible helpful therapeutics.
Building lies atop the lies.--Democratic slogan

oldngray

nowhere special

People might mistakenly think the COVID-19 vaccines will completely block infection, but the shots are mainly designed to prevent severe illness, says Louis Mansky, a virus researcher at the University of Minnesota.

Why not tell people this instead of pretending it will stop everything? This is what happens when you choose not to cooperate with the opposing party in order to win an election like the Dems did. The result, fear, mistrust, woke canceling, and no discussion of possible helpful therapeutics.
They had to change the narrative after so many "vaccinated" people started getting sick. Now the claim is the vaccines just prevent you from getting as sick (which has been obvious to anyone with a functional brain for a long time) and that shows the vaccines are working as intended (not what they previously claimed).

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They are still going on about prevention. In the end, a certain number must be infected for this to end. You will stop nothing. Masking, etc, only serves to drag the thing on.

El Correcto

god is dead
They are still going on about prevention. In the end, a certain number must be infected for this to end. You will stop nothing. Masking, etc, only serves to drag the thing on.

With how quickly these new variants seem to spread and evade immunity I doubt covid is just going away. More likely going to become less virulent and common coldish with occasional “deadlier”(98% survival chance) variants popping up shortly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With how quickly these new variants seem to spread and evade immunity I doubt covid is just going away. More likely going to become less virulent and common coldish with occasional “deadlier”(98% survival chance) variants popping up shortly.
No, like the 1918 flu, it will fade away

rickyb

People get labeled anti-trans for saying maybe we shouldn’t be giving prepubescent children hormone therapy drugs before they hit puberty so they can be their true gender.
People discussing the corporations behind this boondoggle of a “vaccine”(changed the definition lol) and discussing the results of what WE PAID FOR is censored. It truly is a leftist hellscape in these bubbles of insanity we call blue states.
from what i recall moderna was mostly tax payer funded, and pfizer got all kinds of guarantees.

yes im not sure about the trans thing, kids are too young to be making big decisions like that.

but the country is not left.

El Correcto

god is dead
from what i recall moderna was mostly tax payer funded, and pfizer got all kinds of guarantees.

yes im not sure about the trans thing, kids are too young to be making big decisions like that.

but the country is not left.
So you agree censoring information about covid 19 mRNA vaccines they don’t like is evil. Censoring discussion involving the gender of people’s children and what role parents/government should play in their children’s sexual development is evil.

These people are bad faith liars who misalign people’s beliefs and slap labels on them to ostracize their ideas are evil.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So you agree censoring information about covid 19 mRNA vaccines they don’t like is evil. Censoring discussion involving the gender of people’s children and what role parents/government should play in their children’s sexual development is evil.

These people are bad faith liars who misalign people’s beliefs and slap labels on them to ostracize their ideas are evil.
Promote fear and divide everyone is the mission.

rickyb

yea i dont like censorship. first they came for alex jones, then they will come for the rest of us. i dont trust big tech censorship at all...if any thing it will be in favor of joe biden and hillary type crooks

El Correcto

god is dead
yea i dont like censorship. first they came for alex jones, then they will come for the rest of us. i dont trust big tech censorship at all...if any thing it will be in favor of joe biden and hillary type crooks
i agree, when these left wingers start slapping news organizations with labels like “anti trans or anti vax” I know those are probably news sites that don’t bow to the censors and I’m more likely to give their content a go.
Hence my previous comment of anti transsexual and spreading misinformation about covid are the only news sources I trust.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s not that I hate trannies and want people to drink silver oxide snake oil to cure their covid. It’s that these are people who are pissing off the censors. These are the people fighting back.

There truly are hateful people and opportunistic scumbags who are anti-trans or spreading misinformation, but Joe Rogan is not one of them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My major concern now is for the safety of all those people waiting outside in the CoVid Testing lines.
It's freezing out there.
Frostbite to fingers and toes along with pneumonia are possible.
Imagine getting sick while waiting to be tested for another illness.

rickyb

i agree, when these left wingers start slapping news organizations with labels like “anti trans or anti vax” I know those are probably news sites that don’t bow to the censors and I’m more likely to give their content a go.
Hence my previous comment of anti transsexual and spreading misinformation about covid are the only news sources I trust.
if they have advertisers they are likely bowing to them. also depends how cozy they want to get with the govt they report on and corporations as well. they can trade access for the truth.

another problem is we are in the age of the sell out, so journalists will sell out the truth for whats good for their careers

oldngray

nowhere special
My major concern now is for the safety of all those people waiting outside in the CoVid Testing lines.
It's freezing out there.
Why would you go and wait to be tested at one of those places when the next day you would need to get tested again?

rickyb

It's freezing out there.
yea we were talking about this today. they could hire more ppl for more tests. if ppl are waiting long for tests, its going to disincentivize them from even getting tested to begin with. i know ppl who didnt bother. or if the test sites are far away and they dont have good public transport or a car