Coronavirus

vantexan

Yeah, Auschwitz, Dacau, and all the others were built overnight. Smh. I'm sure all the Good Germans refused to believe it, even after the camps were liberated. Hell, there's still holocaust deniers to this day.
I don't recall the Jews and others being armed to the teeth. I don't recall them being a third of the population. And I don't recall certain areas of Germany standing up to Hitler the way some governors like DeSantis have to Biden. The idea that a state could pull off an Auschwitz type situation without anyone noticing is ludicrous. This is right up there with a former coworker telling me Obama had 33 secret bases where a million men were being trained to overthrow the country. And when it doesn't come about he moves on to the next conspiracy. We have enough to worry about from actual Democratic policies to be dreaming up ways to further divide Americans.

Box Ox

And I don't recall certain areas of Germany standing up to Hitler the way some governors like DeSantis have to Biden.

This fruitcake was comparing DeSantis to Hitler just last week. 🤣

B589E04C-A6EB-41B3-9F25-C9D09C1D5A7F.jpeg

Box Ox

And she probably believes that's a winning strategy.

I think for a lotta Democrats, the absence of a traditional religion in their lives (I'm not religious myself) allows their hearts and minds to be filled by the new religion of woke. And as followers of this religion they've convinced themselves that the self-perceived righteousness of their causes will somehow carry them through. Really weird stuff going on right now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"First they came for the homeless, offering them a place to isolate and recover, and I did not speak out."

;)

I don't recall the Jews and others being armed to the teeth. I don't recall them being a third of the population. And I don't recall certain areas of Germany standing up to Hitler the way some governors like DeSantis have to Biden. The idea that a state could pull off an Auschwitz type situation without anyone noticing is ludicrous. This is right up there with a former coworker telling me Obama had 33 secret bases where a million men were being trained to overthrow the country. And when it doesn't come about he moves on to the next conspiracy. We have enough to worry about from actual Democratic policies to be dreaming up ways to further divide Americans.

How many people helped the Japanese Americans who were put in internment camps? The Supreme Court gave that the seal of approval. I'm having trouble trying explain something that is so clear and obvious. Building camps that are meant to imprison people against their will, without committing a crime, or due process, is unacceptable on its face. You don't have to factor in other issues that don't matter.

Bringing up irrelevant points about the numbers of certain groups, or how armed they are is just a sign of being in denial. Their chances of success at this point in history doesn't matter. The real concern is that if we allow this to happen now, over years or decades the concept will be normalized, accepted and expanded. In that time gun rights will continue to be eroded, attitudes will continue to be shaped through propaganda, and eventually we will have the 4th Reich. There will be no allies coming to the rescue.

But you're right, it's doomed to failure because "muh guns".

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is that what's actually happening in King County?

Did you miss the part about them trying to pass a law that allows them to do that?

So I had the time and found out the codes are already on the books.

WAC 246-100-070:
Give the Health Officials authority to use police to enforce rules.

Authorizes forced detention

It seems they were supposed to discuss using those rules, but got inundated with emails and decided to not discuss those subjects at the meeting.

Box Ox

Did you miss the part about them trying to pass a law that allows them to do that?

So I had the time and found out the codes are already on the books.

WAC 246-100-070:
Give the Health Officials authority to use police to enforce rules.

Authorizes forced detention

It seems they were supposed to discuss using those rules, but got inundated with emails and decided to not discuss those subjects at the meeting.

Looks like they were both filed and effective 2/13/2003? King County discussed using them recently?

Will be interesting to see whether King County actually detains people with COVID cases against their will or whether Washington's state government merely has such laws on the books in case a seriously deadly disease starts going around.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Looks like they were both filed and effective 2/13/2003? King County discussed using them recently?

Will be interesting to see whether King County actually detains people with COVID cases against their will or whether Washington's state government merely has such laws on the books in case a seriously deadly disease starts going around.

Yes, I had to look into it more because I wasn't clear on the details regarding the rules. The problem is that a lot of people think that covid is a seriously deadly disease, even at least one Supreme Court Justice. This is what started the discussion, that it's likely at least 20% of the population would be ok with using these rules to detain unvaccinated people. But clearly I'm crazy for being concerned that such detainment facilities have been and are being built.

vantexan

How many people helped the Japanese Americans who were put in internment camps? The Supreme Court gave that the seal of approval. I'm having trouble trying explain something that is so clear and obvious. Building camps that are meant to imprison people against their will, without committing a crime, or due process, is unacceptable on its face. You don't have to factor in other issues that don't matter.

Bringing up irrelevant points about the numbers of certain groups, or how armed they are is just a sign of being in denial. Their chances of success at this point in history doesn't matter. The real concern is that if we allow this to happen now, over years or decades the concept will be normalized, accepted and expanded. In that time gun rights will continue to be eroded, attitudes will continue to be shaped through propaganda, and eventually we will have the 4th Reich. There will be no allies coming to the rescue.

But you're right, it's doomed to failure because "muh guns".
The Japanese didn't invade the U.S. during WWII because as one admiral put it, forgot his name, the U.S. has a gun behind every blade of grass. Paraphrasing. But again you point to a small group as opposed to close to, maybe more, a hundred million people. And the concentration camps didn't happen overnight. Hitler obtained power, then consolidated it. Used the Brown Shirts to intimidate. Took awhile to build up. You're giving in to flights of fancy. Or paranoia.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The Japanese didn't invade the U.S. during WWII because as one admiral put it, forgot his name, the U.S. has a gun behind every blade of grass. Paraphrasing. But again you point to a small group as opposed to close to, maybe more, a hundred million people. And the concentration camps didn't happen overnight. Hitler obtained power, then consolidated it. Used the Brown Shirts to intimidate. Took awhile to build up. You're giving in to flights of fancy. Or paranoia.

Nope. You just repeated my point back to me. Concentration camps didn't happen over night. The mefia is the propaganda department of the Democratic party that is trying very hard to consolidate power. Whether they will ultimately succeed is somewhat besides the point. The point is the camps exist, now, and denying that they could be used for nefarious purposes in the future certainly won't stop it from happening. I think you're assuming things about what I'm writing, again.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Not exactly concentration camps for 100,000,000+ unvaccinated. If one considers the amount of money and manpower to round up tens of millions, put them in camps, feed them, etc then these kind of fantastical ideas wouldn't float around. Not to mention few would go without a fight.
Since then. They have put tents up in a large number of bases. The last year they have E, panded them to 70 % of the bases.

Our on-site vaccine promotion was a great success.

Between the two hub sorts, I saw two people get vaccinated!

We need more success like this.
More like an enemy misinformation campaign has been successful. More success like this and we will have to shut the country down because of not enough healthy workers. Of course this is the right wing strategy. We have already seen the shortages and inflated prices because of a lack of healthy workers.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Lo
More like an enemy misinformation campaign has been successful. More success like this and we will have to shut the country down because of not enough healthy workers. Of course this is the right wing strategy. We have already seen the shortages and inflated prices because of a lack of healthy workers.
lol. Inflation because of not having workers. You are so funny. Is your name Sum Ting Wong?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The vaccine is useless against this virus!! Not even 4 shots will help!