Coronavirus

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Yes, it is a conspiracy. There is a conspiracy to punish doctors who prescribe certain medicine that is both safe and has been successful in the early treatment of covid. There is a conspiracy to not allow the publication of science that concludes these medicines are beneficial. I can't prove it is Big Pharma in charge of the conspiracy, but clearly doctors are not allowed right now to help their patients in the best way they can.

Anyway, call me a conspiracy theorist. I don't know with certainty that the horse paste or the bleach that Trump said to swallow, is effective against the virus. Maybe the media and the fact checkers are right and all the anti vaxxers are wrong. It's hard to know who to believe.

But I don't want the vaccines for the same reasons why I don't want flu shots. Plus I don't know what the long term effects will be.
I see you're not allowed to discuss your side effects on reddit or facebook, you'll get banned. That doesn't give me confidence. There is so much pressure coming it feels like they're trying to force me to take the vaccine, and it worries me and angers me. So it's true, I am looking for any media that supports my conclusions.

I also get angry with stuff like the article you posted, which tries to blame anti vaxxers for all the problems we're having with the corona virus. At what point do you stop being mad at the unvaxxed. 90% vax rate? 99.5% vax rate? I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that the higher the country's vax rate, the higher the growth of cases.
Would you agree with the premise of the article?
Refuse the vax, don't come to the hospital with Covid?

tadpole

Would you agree with the premise of the article?
Refuse the vax, don't come to the hospital with Covid?
I would accept that. But I'm still mad that they won't let me take the horse paste.

But still, if it's the unvaxxed's fault that the hospitals are filling up, then let's see the numbers. How many people who are there because they're sick from covid are vaxxed and how many are unvaxxed? Oh, wait. We're not keeping track? Interesting.

Should we deny aids treatment because those who got infected were engaging in risky behavior?

That article is further dividing us, by stirring up anger against the unvaxxed, and trying to put pressure on people who don't want the vax to get vaxxed.

BrownFlush

I would accept that. But I'm still mad that they won't let me take the horse paste.

But still, if it's the unvaxxed's fault that the hospitals are filling up, then let's see the numbers. How many people who are there because they're sick from covid are vaxxed and how many are unvaxxed? Oh, wait. We're not keeping track? Interesting.

Should we deny aids treatment because those who got infected were engaging in risky behavior?

That article is further dividing us, by stirring up anger against the unvaxxed, and trying to put pressure on people who don't want the vax to get vaxxed.
You're starting to think.

tadpole

Not sure what you mean. I kind of took it as an attack because it implies that I haven't been thinking up to this point.
I think about this topic so much, some might call me obsessed. I just want me and my family to be left alone, no mandates.

Not sure what I wrote that you think is starting to be more rational that the rest of my thoughts.

tadpole

No attack.

If you're a conspiracy theorist.
So you have to be a conspiracy theorist to be concerned about possible long term effects to a vaccine that has been only being used for the past 2 years? That skipped animal testing? A completely new technology by the way.

BrownFlush

So you have to be a conspiracy theorist to be concerned about possible long term effects to a vaccine that has been only being used for the past 2 years? That skipped animal testing? A completely new technology by the way.
Nope.
But, that's not why you're a conspiracy theorist.

vantexan

Uh-oh

"But seems to me anti-vaxers don’t have any such reluctance to take up hospital beds when they suffer serious effects of COVID themselves, which seems kind of hypocritical. I mean, if you’re going to commit, then commit all the way.
Walk the walk, baby. Otherwise, you’re just making a half-assed stand – denouncing medicine that could save you if you get hit with this thing, but then embracing it when you wind up suffering the consequence of your own actions." -Kerr

Kerr: If you reject the vaccine, reject the hospital bed too
Why does it have to be all or nothing? Why is it that people can't be concerned about potential side effects of vaccines that were brought to market much faster than normal? Why is it that in spite of various therapeutics having been used here and especially overseas successfully our government and medical establishment are denying their use in this country? And "pro-vaxxers" ridicule their use and anyone using them? There's enough studies out there that suggest that type O blood gives a bit of protection from severe covid infections. At this point that's basically all the vaccines are being said to do. Why then as a person with type O+ blood should I be pushed to take a vaccine that no one knows yet what the long-term effects might be? And when this pandemic is over do pro-vaxxers plan to continue to ridicule the unvaccinated? One thing this pandemic did expose is the autocratic tendencies of Democrats. Not for nothing they want to take all the guns away. One only has to look at Australia to see what would've happened here if we didn't have a 2nd Amendment.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why does it have to be all or nothing? Why is it that people can't be concerned about potential side effects of vaccines that were brought to market much faster than normal? Why is it that in spite of various therapeutics having been used here and especially overseas successfully our government and medical establishment are denying their use in this country? And "pro-vaxxers" ridicule their use and anyone using them? There's enough studies out there that suggest that type O blood gives a bit of protection from severe covid infections. At this point that's basically all the vaccines are being said to do. Why then as a person with type O+ blood should I be pushed to take a vaccine that no one knows yet what the long-term effects might be? And when this pandemic is over do pro-vaxxers plan to continue to ridicule the unvaccinated? One thing this pandemic did expose is the autocratic tendencies of Democrats. Not for nothing they want to take all the guns away. One only has to look at Australia to see what would've happened here if we didn't have a 2nd Amendment.

The idea of "miraculous vaccines" has risen to the level of religious belief to many people. That's why they can't accept the facts, or even have a rational conversation about it. As long as the priests in white lab coats of the scientism religion tell people something is a vaccine, even when it is clearly objectively not, and they will line up to take it, and evangelize to the world.

BrownFlush

The idea of "miraculous vaccines" has risen to the level of religious belief to many people. That's why they can't accept the facts, or even have a rational conversation about it. As long as the priests in white lab coats of the scientism religion tell people something is a vaccine, even when it is clearly objectively not, and they will line up to take it, and evangelize to the world.
Another rational comment.

vantexan

I know you mean well but the apocalyptic rhetoric doesn't help bridge the divide either. We need frank discussions, not characterize everything as the forces of good and evil gathering to do battle. I can look at Australia and see what would likely happen here if we didn't have guns. I can also see that because Americans are so well armed that there aren't going to be concentration camps etc. Those that float such conspiracies are just fear mongering and often have an agenda of their own. We need to tone down the inflammatory accusations. People who get vaxxed aren't evil, or sheep, etc. They're just trying to protect themselves and their families. People who aren't vaxxed aren't defiant heroes or right wing crazies. They're just trying to protect themselves and their families.