Coronavirus

floridays

Who’d a thunk it???

I’m shocked. Shocked, I tell you!
Go VOLS
vols.jpg

rickyb

The law must be tempered by rights, or it is illegitimate.

Markets work best when people act rationally. Unfortunately people lie, cheat and steal, all of which are illegal under systems that respect the rights of the individual. When the law actually addresses the real crimes and doesn't pretend that new ways to lie cheat and steal aren't covered by laws against fraud and theft, then the markets can work as well as they can with people who aren't always rational.
most of my guys arent market fundamentalists

they also have very different definitions of it. michael hudson would say a free market is free from the landlord class, free from banks creating excessive debts, probably free from capitalists who dont actually work and just own shares.

its hard for people to act rationally with ads. i feel like there needs to be a big effort for ppl to act in their own self interest.

Thebrownblob

they also have very different definitions of it. michael hudson would say a free market is free from the landlord class, free from banks creating excessive debts, probably free from capitalists who dont actually work and just own shares.

its hard for people to act rationally with ads. i feel like there needs to be a big effort for ppl to act in their own self interest.

“Michael Hudson 30:44

Well I’m shocked to hear you say that finance capitalism has performed badly. The 1% have made a trillion dollars since the Covid crisis began. The Covid crisis is the best money-making opportunity. This is a bonanza for finance capitalism; it’s wonderful, because they’re pulverizing economy, they’re picking up all the marbles.”

I can read him and agree with him until he starts licking The Chinese governments boots. If you do not like the way America is enslaving people with debt, how can you like the way China is actually enslaving people? It’s really difficult to act in my own self interest if I’m in a prison camp.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Well I’m shocked to hear you say that finance capitalism has performed badly. The 1% have made a trillion dollars since the Covid crisis began. The Covid crisis is the best money-making opportunity. This is a bonanza for finance capitalism; it’s wonderful, because they’re pulverizing economy, they’re picking up all the marbles.”

I can read him and agree with him until he starts licking The Chinese governments boots. If you do not like the way America is enslaving people with debt, how can you like the way China is actually enslaving people? It’s really difficult to act in my own self interest if I’m in a prison camp.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

China trinkets for everyone!!!!!!

rickyb

He says china has a different banking system where theyre more likely to write down the debts

He said theres been more wealth made since the pandemic than since all the years from 1982

Thebrownblob

He says china has a different banking system where theyre more likely to write down the debts

He said theres been more wealth made since the pandemic than since all the years from 1982
Like I said I don’t disagree with everything he says, but his constant cheerleading for the Chinese government is chilling. In China you don’t have a choice you’re gonna do what you’re told no matter what. Here I do have a choice however limited it is, I don’t have debt because I don’t choose to follow The debt culture dictated by the banks, and an out of control debt happy government. Interesting that during the lockdown Costco and Walmart type places were open. But the small businesses were closed or limited.

rickyb

Like I said I don’t disagree with everything he says, but his constant cheerleading for the Chinese government is chilling. In China you don’t have a choice you’re gonna do what you’re told no matter what. Here I do have a choice however limited it is, I don’t have debt because I don’t choose to follow The debt culture dictated by the banks, and an out of control debt happy government. Interesting that during the lockdown Costco and Walmart type places were open. But the small businesses were closed or limited.
Yes china much more totalitarian. But they have worker protests

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

So long as they self-regulate right? A free market is one where everyone gets fair access. Some people are going to control more assets and resources, that's unavoidable. But using that to manipulate the market or bar people from entry ends a free market. The rules for a free market aren't that complicated.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hey, look, yet another example of "conspiracy theorists" being right. At this point people ought to start admitting some stuff to themselves: the media lies, government officials are usually either corrupt or incompetant (normally both), when you support the narrative those two construct you are actively participating in the process of turning yourself into a slave, and people you think are conspiracy theorists are really just so much smarter than you, you should probably stop talking and start listening.

Thebrownblob

So long as they self-regulate right? A free market is one where everyone gets fair access. Some people are going to control more assets and resources, that's unavoidable. But using that to manipulate the market or bar people from entry ends a free market. The rules for a free market aren't that complicated.
Unfortunately we have Crony capitalism. To big to fail? Only if the government chose you.