Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The Senate would have to ratify the treaty.

We went from "It's just crazy ramblings" to "the Senate has to ratify it" in under a year. It doesn't matter whether it will happen here, and now. What matters is that people are trying to make it happen, and, inch by inch, they are moving us towards a totalitarian hellscape. Physical concentration camps are almost besides the point. They want the entire world to be a digital prison, with them as the wardens. Btw, for Musk fans, the spacex satellite internet system is what will make this system basically impossible to escape.

vantexan

We went from "It's just crazy ramblings" to "the Senate has to ratify it" in under a year. It doesn't matter whether it will happen here, and now. What matters is that people are trying to make it happen, and, inch by inch, they are moving us towards a totalitarian hellscape. Physical concentration camps are almost besides the point. They want the entire world to be a digital prison, with them as the wardens. Btw, for Musk fans, the spacex satellite internet system is what will make this system basically impossible to escape.
We weren't talking about our government trying through the WHO to give an outside agency authority over American citizens. We were talking about concentration camps in the U.S. Still not going to happen. And treaties can be broken. Under no circumstances would our government be able to give away our sovereignty. Otherwise known as treason and we have safeguards against such things. Whatever authority the WHO would have in the guise of pandemics would be very limited, not total control. Would be challenged in court immediately if they overstepped their bounds. I don't want them to have any authority in the States beyond recommending a course of action and only then under the direction of an actual doctor, not their current head.
But imagining the most extreme scenarios does not make them so. And Starlink internet being a threat to us all? Seriously? That's an ISP that doesn't even work well in crowded cities.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We weren't talking about our government trying through the WHO to give an outside agency authority over American citizens. We were talking about concentration camps in the U.S. Still not going to happen. And treaties can be broken. Under no circumstances would our government be able to give away our sovereignty. Otherwise known as treason and we have safeguards against such things. Whatever authority the WHO would have in the guise of pandemics would be very limited, not total control. Would be challenged in court immediately if they overstepped their bounds. I don't want them to have any authority in the States beyond recommending a course of action and only then under the direction of an actual doctor, not their current head.
But imagining the most extreme scenarios does not make them so. And Starlink internet being a threat to us all? Seriously? That's an ISP that doesn't even work well in crowded cities.

Concentration camps are just a small piece of the puzzle. I'd like to hope that our system wouldn't allow such things, but we've seen differently over the last two years. I did make another post about this very thing, and you treated it with the same dismissiveness as everything else. Starlink is in its infancy. It doesn't need to work in big cities, as they are well covered by cell systems. Starlink is aimed at the rural areas that don't have good wireless internet available at the moment.

vantexan

Concentration camps are just a small piece of the puzzle. I'd like to hope that our system wouldn't allow such things, but we've seen differently over the last two years. I did make another post about this very thing, and you treated it with the same dismissiveness as everything else. Starlink is in its infancy. It doesn't need to work in big cities, as they are well covered by cell systems. Starlink is aimed at the rural areas that don't have good wireless internet available at the moment.
So our cellular systems are all part of a scheme to control all of us? And I'm dismissive because you are of anyone who disagrees with you. This stuff becomes a religion for many, and anyone who isn't faithful is a heretic. The thing is folks like you always believe you're right in your beliefs and only those who see it your way are right too. Can't deviate just a little from the straight and narrow. Life isn't like that, it's messy, and often there are numerous ways to approach the same issue. That's what a discussion forum is about, not a rubber stamp for what you've decided is the only way. I'll argue an issue to death if I think I'm right, but I have modified my views on some things. And try to listen to others to see where they're coming from. I think abortion is murder, but have conceded that it's a necessary evil in some situations, as long as it's done before there's a heartbeat. Others I know think that's heresy. I don't mind that because I know where they're coming from. So, concentration camps? Highly doubtful. Extremely unlikely. But with some on the Left anything is possible.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So our cellular systems are all part of a scheme to control all of us? And I'm dismissive because you are of anyone who disagrees with you. This stuff becomes a religion for many, and anyone who isn't faithful is a heretic. The thing is folks like you always believe you're right in your beliefs and only those who see it your way are right too. Can't deviate just a little from the straight and narrow. Life isn't like that, it's messy, and often there are numerous ways to approach the same issue. That's what a discussion forum is about, not a rubber stamp for what you've decided is the only way. I'll argue an issue to death if I think I'm right, but I have modified my views on some things. And try to listen to others to see where they're coming from. I think abortion is murder, but have conceded that it's a necessary evil in some situations, as long as it's done before there's a heartbeat. Others I know think that's heresy. I don't mind that because I know where they're coming from. So, concentration camps? Highly doubtful. Extremely unlikely. But with some on the Left anything is possible.

I'm pointing out what is actually happening. You are the one in denial. I respond to your dismissiveness with my own. I respond to people who are willing to discuss reality rationally with rationality.

This sort of thing only continues to happen, not because the people who support it, but because the people who are in denial of it. I don't think of you as a heretic, we agree on quite a bit, but that fact makes your inability to connect certain dots quite confounding. And once again, you blow arguments you don't like out of proportion, then ascribe your insane versions to the other person, and use that as a reason to invalidate what the other person is saying.

Your cell phone is a tracking device that you willingly carry with you. If you don't understand the implications of that, I can't help you.

vantexan

I'm pointing out what is actually happening. You are the one in denial. I respond to your dismissiveness with my own. I respond to people who are willing to discuss reality rationally with rationality.

This sort of thing only continues to happen, not because the people who support it, but because the people who are in denial of it. I don't think of you as a heretic, we agree on quite a bit, but that fact makes your inability to connect certain dots quite confounding. And once again, you blow arguments you don't like out of proportion, then ascribe your insane versions to the other person, and use that as a reason to invalidate what the other person is saying.

Your cell phone is a tracking device that you willingly carry with you. If you don't understand the implications of that, I can't help you.
I understand there's a lot of paranoia out there. If some were frontiersmen they'd see an Indian behind every tree. There are absolutely people who would like to see a one world government controlling everything and everyone. Then there are the rest of us who'll never let it happen. The vast majority of the population will never agree to it. Other countries populations feel the exact same way. A lot of this is paranoia that much of the world envies our wealth and wants to take it from us. The vast majority of the world doesn't think that but that doesn't stop the conspiracy enthusiasts from spinning conspiracies. We have much more to worry about from our own government's bone headed policies than from grand schemes to enslave us all. I can guarantee that if I'm alive in 30 years we'll be a sovereign nation that has people worried about the latest scheme they have been convinced will take everything away from them and they'll be mindless drones serving the elite.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I understand there's a lot of paranoia out there. If some were frontiersmen they'd see an Indian behind every tree. There are absolutely people who would like to see a one world government controlling everything and everyone. Then there are the rest of us who'll never let it happen. The vast majority of the population will never agree to it. Other countries populations feel the exact same way. A lot of this is paranoia that much of the world envies our wealth and wants to take it from us. The vast majority of the world doesn't think that but that doesn't stop the conspiracy enthusiasts from spinning conspiracies. We have much more to worry about from our own government's bone headed policies than from grand schemes to enslave us all. I can guarantee that if I'm alive in 30 years we'll be a sovereign nation that has people worried about the latest scheme they have been convinced will take everything away from them and they'll be mindless drones serving the elite.

So you admit that people are trying to enslave the world, but aren't worried because "We'll never let it happen". But then you dismiss all the warnings signs that it is happening. I agree they won't succeed, but we choose the level of suffering we are willing to put up with until we finally decide to shut it down. I'm past my point, and more and more are joining me.

vantexan

So you admit that people are trying to enslave the world, but aren't worried because "We'll never let it happen". But then you dismiss all the warnings signs that it is happening. I agree they won't succeed, but we choose the level of suffering we are willing to put up with until we finally decide to shut it down. I'm past my point, and more and more are joining me.
There's nothing but talk. No country is going to land troops in the U.S. No one is going to rule us by decree. We do have people in this country to worry about but a lot of people who thought the Left was on to something have recently opened their eyes to what is entailed in making us suffer to reach Leftist goals. Tell you what. Come November if the Left is still in charge after the election then the country is lost because the majority wants Democratic policies to continue. But if Republicans capture at least one house then all is not lost. And if the Democrats lose 50, 60, 70 seats or more then I'm guessing the American people want stability in their lives. They don't want upheaval, they don't want a New World Order, they don't want a bleak future for their children.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There's nothing but talk. No country is going to land troops in the U.S. No one is going to rule us by decree. We do have people in this country to worry about but a lot of people who thought the Left was on to something have recently opened their eyes to what is entailed in making us suffer to reach Leftist goals. Tell you what. Come November if the Left is still in charge after the election then the country is lost because the majority wants Democratic policies to continue. But if Republicans capture at least one house then all is not lost. And if the Democrats lose 50, 60, 70 seats or more then I'm guessing the American people want stability in their lives. They don't want upheaval, they don't want a New World Order, they don't want a bleak future for their children.

They won't have to land troops here. There's no upheaval. Just compare where we are now to where we were 30 years ago. It's happening, inch at a time. Look at the covid response to see how quickly tyranny moves, and how long it takes to claw back what we lost. We're experiencing the same things that happened right before the French and American revolutions. Establishment republicans will do nothing to stop what's coming.

vantexan

They won't have to land troops here. There's no upheaval. Just compare where we are now to where we were 30 years ago. It's happening, inch at a time. Look at the covid response to see how quickly tyranny moves, and how long it takes to claw back what we lost. We're experiencing the same things that happened right before the French and American revolutions. Establishment republicans will do nothing to stop what's coming.
Not really. The country is half conservative and just won't let it happen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• The first Covid lockdowns in Europe and US had 'little or no effect' on the virus death rate, analysis suggests
  • Economists said draconian restrictions put in place in March 2020 reduced virus mortality rates by just 3.2%
  • This equates to just 6,000 fewer deaths in Europe and 4,000 fewer in the US, according to the researchers
  • Restrictions ordering people to stay at home and not to travel cut virus death toll by just two per cent
  • Mask wearing was found to be the most effective intervention, leading to a 18.7% drop in virus fatalities

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Incrementalism.

rickyb

Coronavirus cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising in most regions of the United States heading into Memorial Day weekend. Officially, the U.S. is averaging over 110,000 daily infections, though the widespread use of at-home tests means the true number is likely far higher.
This week the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a study finding more than one in five adults who survive COVID-19 go on to experience at least one symptom of “long COVID,” with problems including fatigue; heart, lung and kidney damage; cognitive decline; blood clots and more. The World Health Organization estimates as many as 100 million people around the world may experience mid- and long-term health effects of COVID-19. And the protection offered by vaccines against “long COVID” appears limited. A Department of Veterans Affairs study published in the journal Nature this week found vaccination reduced the risk of long-term lung and blood clot disorders from COVID-19 but did little to protect against other long-term health effects from the disease

Thebrownblob

Coronavirus cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising in most regions of the United States heading into Memorial Day weekend. Officially, the U.S. is averaging over 110,000 daily infections, though the widespread use of at-home tests means the true number is likely far higher.
This week the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a study finding more than one in five adults who survive COVID-19 go on to experience at least one symptom of “long COVID,” with problems including fatigue; heart, lung and kidney damage; cognitive decline; blood clots and more. The World Health Organization estimates as many as 100 million people around the world may experience mid- and long-term health effects of COVID-19. And the protection offered by vaccines against “long COVID” appears limited. A Department of Veterans Affairs study published in the journal Nature this week found vaccination reduced the risk of long-term lung and blood clot disorders from COVID-19 but did little to protect against other long-term health effects from the disease

O
M
G

No one cares

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Vaccine side effect. Isreal already figured out that the vaccines impair the body's natural immunity against pretty much all viruses. You people are all ticking time bombs. I won't add insult to injury with an I told you so.