Coronavirus

rickyb

More than people realized. Old people and sick people healthy people are not dying from corona, no matter what BS you’re hearing. The newest “scare” is the neurovirus L O L. It’s a stomach bug that has been with us for years.

i did my school at a Long term care centre, and one of the coworkers said corona killed 95% or so of all the elderly who were there.

Thebrownblob

i did my school at a Long term care centre, and one of the coworkers said corona killed 95% or so of all the elderly who were there.
That I could believe, but honestly a bad cheeseburger could kill most of them. Couple that was the idea of locking them away from their family as if they have something else to live for and you have a medical community who is clueless on with elderly end of life patients need.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This could easily be posted under government waste.

Back in April 2020, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that New York City placed an order for 3,000 emergency ventilators.
It was an emergency order made in extraordinary times, back when the Big Apple was the epicenter of the global COVID pandemic.
One of the costliest items-- 3,000 emergency ventilators, totaling $12 million.
"They put them in the corner or in the closet or something, and they never turned him on," said Greg Smith, an investigative reporter with "The City," a non-profit news outlet.
And now—according to Smith’s investigation, Mayor Eric Adams' administration is selling that excess equipment-- like masks, medical gowns, and ventilators-- for pennies on the dollar in online auctions.
"The advertisement in the auction was for ‘nonfunctioning medical equipment for scrap metal,’ and they sold it to this junk dealer on Long Island for $24,600.

100%

well how many ppl typically die from the flu every year in america?
With the flu or from the flu? There’s a difference. Counting with the flu, like they did with Covid, it’s been well over 500,000 a year for almost the entirety of my life.

vantexan

With the flu or from the flu? There’s a difference. Counting with the flu, like they did with Covid, it’s been well over 500,000 a year for almost the entirety of my life.
Actual deaths from flu range from mid 20k's to high 30k's in the U.S. Your number is closer to worldwide. During Covid deaths from flu went way down.

oldngray

nowhere special
I haven't had a chance to go shopping this week been bed ridden.
Just using up what I have in stock.
I'll add it to my list along with some more honey and soups.
your-scratch.jpg