Coronavirus

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Actual deaths from flu range from mid 20k's to high 30k's in the U.S. Your number is closer to worldwide. During Covid deaths from flu went way down.
I thought the fku death rate was around 100k a year before the Kung flu strain hit. Mostly elderly.

vantexan

My number was for the US. People who died “with” flu virus, not “from” flu.
A quick Google search says numbers are much smaller. If Covid killed a million in two years in the U.S. then went away, but the flu has been killing a half million a year for decades, wouldn't we be talking about the flu as the worst pandemic since the Spanish flu?

100%

I thought the fku death rate was around 100k a year before the Kung flu strain hit. Mostly elderly.
That was before Covid. They changed how they counted Covid deaths to “with” Covid instead of “from” covid. They were counting people who died in car accidents and everything else. The hospitals were rewarded $$$$ per person. That’s why they did it. They stole billions of our tax dollars. But to your comment. They were already predicting a really bad flu season 100k. It’s usually half that.

100%

A quick Google search says numbers are much smaller. If Covid killed a million in two years in the U.S. then went away, but the flu has been killing a half million a year for decades, wouldn't we be talking about the flu as the worst pandemic since the Spanish flu?
You’re missing my point. They changed the counting for Covid. If you got killed by a train and they tested you, and you had Covid, they counted it as a Covid death. Flu has never been counted like that or really counted at all. They give estimates every year for the flu. How deaths were counted for flu and Covid, the same virus, are apples and oranges. That was the first sign to me that it was a hoax.

vantexan

You’re missing my point. They changed the counting for Covid. If you got killed by a train and they tested you, and you had Covid, they counted it as a Covid death. Flu has never been counted like that or really counted at all. They give estimates every year for the flu. How deaths were counted for flu and Covid, the same virus, are apples and oranges. That was the first sign to me that it was a hoax.
You're assuming the flu and Covid are the same virus. They aren't.

Gotta Go

1677377388702.png

Thebrownblob

Sources told WSJ, "the Energy Department has concluded that the Covid pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak."

The Energy Department had an undecided stance on the virus' origins. The conclusion is due to new intelligence, but the department hedged itself by indicating "low confidence" in its latest opinion, according to people who have read the classified report.

The agency joins the FBI in expressing the opinion the virus' origins are due to a Chinese lab leak. WSJ noted four other agencies and a national intelligence panel still believe the virus was likely the result of natural transmission, and two are undecided.

So this is a huge departure from the previous “conspiracy theory” they said that was the lab leak. Now they don’t know for sure what is true. Do you understand what the implications are? I’m sure you were one of the people screaming that it was a conspiracy theory and now the agencies are split.