Coronavirus

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Stopping an outbreak when your country is ruled by a communist dictatorship that knows where it started within a couple hundred yards is different from stopping its continued spread into the US. Do you need to be told why?

Yes but the pair of aces the U.S. held (time, in terms of weeks, and knowledge of how to make tests) were discarded by our president in hopes of drawing a royal flush with 5 new cards.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You’re assuming the Chinese knew everything we now know about the virus when it started. That’s obviously a false assumption unless you believe the conspiracy that it is a manufactured virus well studied before it’s public intentional release.
Are you Mandarin, Cantonese, or Shanghainese?
You are an avid spokesperson for the Chinese.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
They knew enough to shut down travel in the province to other mainland destinations yet allowed international disembarking.
Square that one for me.
Large enough font for you? In red as well, commie.

Yes, because preventing foreigners from going home would never be seen as an international incident!

floridays

You’re assuming the Chinese knew everything we now know about the virus when it started. That’s obviously a false assumption unless you believe the conspiracy that it is a manufactured virus well studied before it’s public intentional release.
They knew enough to shut down travel in the province to other mainland destinations yet allowed international disembarking.
Square that one for me.
Wash, rinse, repeat...... until you square it.
Splain it Lucy

lucy.gif

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I hope you noticed Drivrindtiveout
40,419 dead Americans. 761,000+known infected. 1,405 dead people today, so far. America will hit 1million known infected this week. The virus is just starting to infiltrate all of America.
I for one enjoy this hard fact misery . Please keep it up

floridays

Yes, because preventing foreigners from going home would never be seen as an international incident!
Play loose with facts, it's what your kind does.
To play your game, exactly why wasn't each destination country alerted of the possible status of these "foreign" nationals upon return?
Take you time, I'm sure you can provide some disjointed logic.

newfie

we know china covered up the severity of the problem and refused to let us in to investigate refused to share any date on the virus itself and influenced the WHO to help them in their cover up. other then that they're innocent MAO's mouthpiece

It will be fine

why are you defending china? thier actions killed a lot of americans. why would you care to defend them?
I’m just not making the leap from “China downplayed the severity of the virus” to “China could have prevented the outbreak.” One party rule creates incentives for local officials to downplay anything negative in China. Even if they sounded an alarm and told the world to be terrified and get ready I don’t think it would have played out much differently.

we know china covered up the severity of the problem and refused to let us in to investigate refused to share any date on the virus itself and influenced the WHO to help them in their cover up. other then that they're innocent MAO's mouthpiece
If trump knew the severity of the problem, why did he wait so long to act. Instead he told the American people that it would just go away and that he had everything under control. 40,000 dead Americans right now does not sound like he has anything under control.

newfie

I’m just not making the leap from “China downplayed the severity of the virus” to “China could have prevented the outbreak.” One party rule creates incentives for local officials to downplay anything negative in China. Even if they sounded an alarm and told the world to be terrified and get ready I don’t think it would have played out much differently.

good news comrade china has not reported any deaths in a while.

he didnt and neither did anyone else. Part of the reason is china with the help of the WHO covered up what was going on.
Maybe China fooled trump but they did not fool the CIA. They warned trump of the severity but he choose to ignore it and go about his MAGA tour. 40,000 dead Americans because of trumps ego.