Coronavirus

UPSER1987

CD1353D7-939C-4329-A679-0A80F0B22332.jpeg

fishtm2001

JON KARL: Were you warned about coronavirus back in January?

TRUMP: "I think probably a lot more than the Democrats. A month later, Pelosi was saying, 'Let's dance in the streets of Chinatown'" ... most people thought this was going to blow over." (Both of those claims are lies)

vantexan

JON KARL: Were you warned about coronavirus back in January?

TRUMP: "I think probably a lot more than the Democrats. A month later, Pelosi was saying, 'Let's dance in the streets of Chinatown'" ... most people thought this was going to blow over." (Both of those claims are lies)

Pelosi is on video inviting people to come to Chinatown.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Expert 'would not put money' on virus vaccine

'Reasonably optimistic'
Despite this, he insisted that it could be possible to "see the virus off by Christmas" if the country "really blasts away" with its testing facilities.

And he claimed it was "very unlikely" there could be a second wave of the virus, as this was an idea linked to influenza epidemics - which he said are "quite different".

Prof Pennington said the ultimate goal should be to eradicate Covid-19, as had happened with diseases like Sars and smallpox.

He said: "It's a reasonably optimistic position, in that there's no reason in my view why we shouldn't look at Sars as the model - a virus we managed to control and eradicate, unlike flu, which is a virus we've never managed to eradicate and which kills people every year.

"I don't see any reason why we should be so pessimistic as to follow the flu model, when we know this virus is very different."
The problem I see, is that Sars etc. were not driven by asymptomatics... if you had it, you were friend'd but this limited its potential spread