Coronavirus

It will be fine

Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey

An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave chloroquine and its next-generation derivative, hydroxychloroquine, emergency-use authorization Monday for treating the novel coronavirus, although the drug was already being used off-label by some doctors and hospitals for COVID-19 patients.
I’m pretty sure doctors do actual trials to determine effective treatments for disease. They don’t go off polls of what other doctors think. Even if they did 37% is low. That means 63% of doctors polled believe something else is the most effective therapy.

93,501 dead Americans, 1.57+million infected. 1,520 dead people today. That’s three straight days of rising death totals. The state of Florida has seen the number of dead die double from yesterday’s total.

It may finally be time for the Union leaders to start threatening a worker walk out for more money. The country is slowly trying reopen and the union members could put the country at a standstill again. There may never be a better time. America has supported hazard pay for essential workers. 15% unemployment in this country and UPS can’t find workers, or keep them. They have very little leverage.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
99138473_2586707371644680_5399971370903797760_n.jpg

vantexan

I’m pretty sure doctors do actual trials to determine effective treatments for disease. They don’t go off polls of what other doctors think. Even if they did 37% is low. That means 63% of doctors polled believe something else is the most effective therapy.
It means it got more votes than anything else. Doctors all over the country are taking it while treating Covid-19 patients. How many doctors have contracted it? How many have died? Of those how many were taking hydroxychloroquine?

It will be fine

It means it got more votes than anything else. Doctors all over the country are taking it while treating Covid-19 patients. How many doctors have contracted it? How many have died? Of those how many were taking hydroxychloroquine?
How many drank whiskey at night? Without controlled trials the anecdotes are meaningless.

vantexan

How many drank whiskey at night? Without controlled trials the anecdotes are meaningless.
Sure. If Obama had mentioned hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment you'd be singing his praises as the smartest president who ever lived. Sad thing is that in spite of a huge amount of anecdotal evidence(and currently there are some large trials going on including the NIH, liberals have tried to squash it's use for no other reason than Trump suggested it. We're told of the possible dangerous side effects of a drug that's been used safely since the 1950's.

It will be fine

Sure. If Obama had mentioned hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment you'd be singing his praises as the smartest president who ever lived. Sad thing is that in spite of a huge amount of anecdotal evidence(and currently there are some large trials going on including the NIH, liberals have tried to squash it's use for no other reason than Trump suggested it. We're told of the possible dangerous side effects of a drug that's been used safely since the 1950's.
Obama wouldn’t be reckless pretending a miracle cure was available. Trump can’t properly manage the crisis so he grasps at anything. He needs a miracle because he’s in over his head.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
ROFLMAO!!!

Read it!

"1/2 of respondents have ordered a covid19 test or been involved in the care for a patient!"

1/2!

Wait it gets even better!!!!!!

someone please, PLEASE tell me what treatment U.S. And NY Doctors answered as the most effective treatment of the choices given!!!!!!!! Hint...it's listed as twice as effective as the malaria drug

Now for the actual kick in the nuts!!!

Can anyone answer me what Sermo is?????

Last edited:

vantexan

Obama wouldn’t be reckless pretending a miracle cure was available. Trump can’t properly manage the crisis so he grasps at anything. He needs a miracle because he’s in over his head.
I've never seen Trump claim it was a miracle cure, only that it showed a lot of promise. If Obama said the same you'd be kissing his shoes.

vantexan

ROFLMAO!!!

Read it!

"1/2 of respondents have ordered a covid19 or been involved in the care for a patient!"

1/2!

Wait it gets even better!!!!!!

someone please, PLEASE tell me what treatment U.S. And NY Doctors answered as the most effective treatment of the choices given!!!!!!!! Hint...it's listed as twice as effective as the malaria drug

Now for the actual kick in the nuts!!!

Can anyone answer me what Sermo is?????
Yep, for no other reason than Trump mentioned it.

Benben

It's a survey gang!!! One page even had only 19% of respondents actually treating covid-19 patients

From an online chat site much like BC but for those in the medical field of who wish they were.

Much like I was to start a survey of say, "do you think Biden has dementia?"
Imagine the results we'd get on that one!!!

Everyone please stay safe and think twice about "experimental treatments."

Benben

Omg, you are so close!! U.S. Doctors, or NY doctors I forget which, rated Hydroxychloroquine most effective at only 25% and the top therapeutic choice at 50% was..............NOTHING!

Seriously, 1/2 the U.S. Drs. who responded listed nothing as the most effective!

Box Ox

@DriveInDriveOut you need to go out and get laid more than any person I have ever known!

I'd be willing to start a collection here on BC for you to go buy yourself one of that'd help!

You'd better watch out or he'll become your stepdad like Trump became President after being taunted about never becoming President at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner.