Coronavirus

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
1/2 the doctors and nurses????

Your drinking again I see!
It's "You're" and I don't do drugs including alcohol.

18222.jpg

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I post from a tablet and just like an iPhone the word selection will occasionally fill in my typing.

Unfortunately you're not worth my time to proof read the responses to your idiocy!

Happy now?

newfie

4. False Dilemma/False Dichotomy

This fallacy has a few other names: “black-and-white fallacy,” “either-or fallacy,” “false dichotomy,” and “bifurcation fallacy.” This line of reasoning fails by limiting the options to two when there are in fact more options to choose from. Sometimes the choices are between one thing, the other thing, or both things together (they don’t exclude each other). Sometimes there is a whole range of options, three, four, five, or a hundred and forty-five. However it may happen, the false dichotomy fallacy errs by oversimplifying the range of options.

Dilemma-based arguments are only fallacious when, in fact, there are more than the stated options. It’s not a fallacy however if there really are only two options. For example, “either Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time, or they are not.” That’s a true dilemma, since there really are only two options there: A or non-A. It would be fallacious however to say, “There are only two kinds of people in the world: people who love Led Zeppelin, and people who hate music.” Some people are indifferent about that music. Some sort of like it, or sort of dislike it, but don’t have strong feelings either way.

Dilemma-based arguments are only fallacious when, in fact, there are more than the stated options.

The false dilemma fallacy is often a manipulative tool designed to polarize the audience, heroicizing one side and demonizing the other. It’s common in political discourse as a way of strong-arming the public into supporting controversial legislation or policies.

I dont understand? Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time and people who disagree do hate music.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
91,915 dead Americans, 1.54+million infected. 937 dead today. That’s 3 straight days of rising deaths. The President has announced he’s been taking hydroxychloroquine for weeks. Let’s hope he tries his ingesting bleach theory too.
Georgia’s Governor has apologized for using inaccurate or misleading data. That Kemp is a dope.
It's too early to look at Georgia's coronavirus cases and declare that reopening works
What does any of that have to do with the union?

newfie

A democrats from a congressional oversight panel wants to know why the Trump administration and the Federal Reserve are no longer requiring businesses seeking coronavirus relief loans to attest that the pandemic was the source of their financial woes. That's nice.

while at the same asking why the money was not given out faster. gotta love how they try to straddle both sides of the fence. by the way fixed it for ya