Coronavirus

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Strike 3!
Published in Lancet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/22/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-study/

On a side note from 1 news station this morning;
Manufacturer announced quarterly sales for the drug increased by $50 million.

A study published Friday by the medical journal Lancet found more patients treated with President Trump’s long-touted antimalaria treatment for COVID-19 died than recovered. Trump said Monday he was taking the drug as a prophylactic to ward off the coronavirus despite warnings it could cause heart problems and other side effects.
The study, the largest to-date looking at the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, involved an examination of medical records for 96,000 people hospitalized between Dec. 20 and April 14 at 67 facilities around the world for COVID-19 and treated with the antimalaria drugs. The patients had a mean age of 54. Fifty-three percent were men.
Those who received Gilead’s remdesivir treatment were excluded from the study.
“We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a [an antibiotic], on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19,” the researchers from Harvard and other institutions concluded.
“Our findings suggest not only an absence of therapeutic benefit but also potential harm with the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine drug regimens … in hospitalized patients with COVID-19.”

The Latest On Hydroxychloroquine Treatment For Coronavirus: Lancet Study Concludes It's Dangerous, Not Effective
That's because stupid politicians constrained the drug to people in the hospital.
It's a preventive therapeutic and a prophylactic therapeutic in the early stages of the disease.

This has been explained ad nauseum to you LibTurds ... are you really this stupid or just being argumentative.
I assume the latter.
Y'all go for it, y'all are the ones making yourself look ... like Biden!

oldngray

nowhere special
Anthony Fauci warns of 'irreparable damage' if lockdowns are kept in place for too long

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious-disease expert, said on Friday that extended lockdowns could cause "irreparable" harm and worse health outcomes.

"We can't stay locked down for such a considerable period of time that you might do irreparable damage and have unintended consequences, including consequences for health," Fauci said in a CNBC interview.

Gee thanks Doc, a little late for that... smh

Fauci has been so all over the place with his predictions. He was all doom and gloom and as that proved wrong he has been steadily shifting in the other direction.

Sportello

Anthony Fauci warns of 'irreparable damage' if lockdowns are kept in place for too long

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious-disease expert, said on Friday that extended lockdowns could cause "irreparable" harm and worse health outcomes.

"We can't stay locked down for such a considerable period of time that you might do irreparable damage and have unintended consequences, including consequences for health," Fauci said in a CNBC interview.

Maybe if we could collectively take precautions to slow the spread, we wouldn't have to lockdown any longer than it takes to update work spaces to slow the spread.

Unfortunately about 40% of Americans are to stupid/selfish to suffer some minor inconveniences for the greater good.

That being said, I hope the dining industry finds a way to survive.

542thruNthru

Have you had your IQ checked? I’m fairly certain you’d qualify for disability.

Boom!
UnfitTenseElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

Box Ox

Unfortunately about 40% of Americans are to stupid/selfish to suffer some minor inconveniences for the greater good.

Fingers crossed that we can all agree on reopening as long as the Trumpanzees are willing to cooperate with doing so safely.

Right now it seems like a badge of honor for them to go maskless in the grocery and home improvement stores I’ve been to.

vantexan

Fingers crossed that we can all agree on reopening as long as the Trumpanzees are willing to cooperate with doing so safely.

Right now it seems like a badge of honor for them to go maskless in the grocery and home improvement stores I’ve been to.
How do you know they're all Trump supporters?

vantexan

Maybe if we could collectively take precautions to slow the spread, we wouldn't have to lockdown any longer than it takes to update work spaces to slow the spread.

That being said, I hope the dining industry finds a way to survive.
Where are the spikes in cases where they've reopened to some extent?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
That's because stupid politicians constrained the drug to people in the hospital.
It's a preventive therapeutic and a prophylactic therapeutic in the early stages of the disease.

This has been explained ad nauseum to you LibTurds ... are you really this stupid or just being argumentative.
I assume the latter.
Y'all go for it, y'all are the ones making yourself look ... like Biden!

The study was done in over 6 countries and included tens of thousands of patients. The results found the patients given the malaria drug were 43% more likely to die. It has NO success in relation to Covid-19.

This whole BS started with a quack (from France if I remember correctly) who gave the drug to 53 patients he claimed had covid19. He excluded 7 patients in his results and proclaimed it was a success!

That is not evidence of anything. I am sorry but that's the facts.

vantexan

The study was done in over 6 countries and included tens of thousands of patients. The results found the patients given the malaria drug were 43% more likely to die. It has NO success in relation to Covid-19.

This whole BS started with a quack (from France if I remember correctly) who gave the drug to 53 patients he claimed had covid19. He excluded 7 patients in his results and proclaimed it was a success!

Big difference between given it to patients who already have it and taking it as a preventative measure. And I think the ones who recovered after being given it would argue with you about its merits.

oldngray

nowhere special
Trump has never had a financial interest in hydroxychloroquine but Fauci does have some suspicious connections to Remdesivir. It makes you wonder about some of Fauci's actions.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Where are the spikes in cases where they've reopened to some extent?

Stop only watching OAN and Faux News! All the actual news sites have been reporting on the clusters.

Why do you think your ground beef has doubled in price in the past week?

And you know that how?

Go to the bathroom and look in the mirror.

Then get on your Amazon account and buy yourself a sense of humor! Be safe and get a 2 pack

Last edited:

vantexan

Stop only watching OAN and Faux News! All the actual news sites have been reporting on the clusters.

Why do you think your ground beef has doubled in price in the past week?

Go to the bathroom and look in the mirror.I

Then get on your Amazon account and buy yourself a sense of humor! Be safe and get a 2 pack
I'm aware of slaughterhouse clusters. They were occurring even before some states started reopening. Which states that have reopened are experiencing spikes in cases amongst the general population? Not the same as immigrants working in slaughterhouses who also lived together in larger numbers per dwelling.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Fine Uncle Joe Biden!