Coronavirus

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The riots will continue until there is a conviction.

Still a lot of stores left to loot!
your right, convict all those looters, plenty of room in the jails, all they have to do is let out all the business owners who defied illegal shutdown orders and opened their shuttered shops.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
your right, convict all those looters, plenty of room in the jails, all they have to do is let out all the business owners who defied illegal shutdown orders and opened their shuttered shops.
Should be plenty of availability considering those blue state idiots released prisoners because of the rona.

Sportello

New Study Casts More Doubt on Effectiveness of Masks in Preventing COVID-19 Spread

Research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine last month found that both surgical and cloth masks proved ineffective in preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Conducted by clinical researchers at several universities in Seoul, South Korea, the study involved four patients receiving medical care for COVID-19. (Previous studies researching the efficacy of masks examined transmission of other viruses.)

Unfortunately, the results were not encouraging.

Pandemics are scary, and fear is a powerful force. But as my colleague Sean Malone recently observed, when collective fear tramples individual liberty, really bad things tend to happen.

So choose to wear a mask or choose to not wear one—but resist the temptation to force or shame others over their decision.

The bottom line is people deserve a choice, and good ideas generally don’t require force.

Tony, I wonder if you read the ACP Journal you linked to?

You seem to be a firm 'no mask' person judging by your posts. I guess you don't have any at risk people around you to be concerned about. YOLO

Sportello

Sounds robust, 4 patients lulz.
The Covid was robust. Read the article, it's not long.

This experiment did not include N95 masks and does not reflect the actual transmission of infection from patients with COVID-19 wearing different types of masks. We do not know whether masks shorten the travel distance of droplets during coughing. Further study is needed to recommend whether face masks decrease transmission of virus from asymptomatic individuals or those with suspected COVID-19 who are not coughing.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A taste of freedom in the Lone Star State

Galveston, Texas — After spending two months in Warden Newsom’s COVID-19 prison, I decided it was time to make like El Chapo, and escape to freedom.

I was sick and tired of staring at the same four walls, watching Judge Judy reruns and eating Uncrustables — with no end in sight.

First, they told us all we needed to do was flatten the curve and not overwhelm the hospitals. Now, we are expected to stay inside until there is herd immunity or we get a vaccine.

But who knows how long before that happens, if it ever does. After all, we are still waiting on vaccines for SARS, HIV and MERS, among others.

Now that I’m in the Lone Star State, I must confess — freedom tastes good. In fact, it tastes like a steak and scotch at a restaurant with other humans. The restaurants and bars are busy, people are spending money, and they’re sick and tired of wasting their lives away while politicians who don’t know what they’re talking about constantly move the goalposts. The vulnerable wear masks or stay home, and everyone else is living their lives as normal.
You guys thinking about making a move Tony?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You guys thinking about making a move Tony?
Oh, we've talked about it a lot lately. I was born and raised in California and it is kinda difficult to just pick up and leave with family here. But it is not out of the realm of possibilities. I still have hope that things will get better, hope I'm not too naive. :happy-very:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Tony, I wonder if you read the ACP Journal you linked to?

You seem to be a firm 'no mask' person judging by your posts. I guess you don't have any at risk people around you to be concerned about. YOLO

You assume wrong my friend. I wear a mask if I'm not able to social distance out of safety and respect for others. I just like how things change all the time.. Mask, no mask, mask, no mask, on surfaces for hours/days, doesn't stay on surfaces etc...

Quite honestly, I don't really agree with shutting down the entire economy as we have. I think we should've protected the vulnerable, which we DID NOT in many cases. Over 50% of the deaths were in nursing homes and care facilities. Shame on those in a position to have helped them.

Ready to move forward. Restaurants here in Orange County opened Tuesday and last night we got out and enjoyed ourselves.

Cheers.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
100865129_3509752015720888_8989718467263332352_n.jpg

vantexan

Not true, either. Travel for Chinese nationals was halted. There were 44,000 people who entered the US from China during that time. There was not a mandatory quarantine and contact tracing. That's on Donnie. You are correct that the bonehead move of suddenly coming out with a vague order to halt travel from parts of Europe within hours and the poorly handled rush through NY area airports was most likely a driver of the pandemic. That's on Donnie, too.

You know what may have saved 60,000+ lives? If Donnie had worn a mask from day one and encouraged everyone else to, there may have been a fraction of the deaths. That's on Donnie.

His trying to place blame on China is ridiculous. Why in the world would he think an aggressive, Communist dictatorship would be open?
China is not afraid of us at all.

“Over the past decade, in U.S. war games against China, the United States has a nearly perfect record: We have lost almost every single time."
It's on China because they covered up the seriousness of the virus while trying to contain it. They were through the WHO saying that there was no human to human transmission while at the same time they were buying up face masks and other needed paraphernalia from all over the world in mass quantities. During the Lunar New Year holiday, their biggest, there's huge movement around China by tourists. They weren't letting residents of Wuhan travel around China but were letting them go overseas to give the appearance of all is well. They got cut off from the U.S. so went to Europe in droves where it blew up and ultimately hit New York exceptionally hard from European tourists. Remember that most of the time the virus is spread by those who are asymptomatic but still contagious. To put it on Trump or anyone else other than China is just unfair. To think it would've turned out better under Democrats is naive because there's plenty of examples out there of major Democrats saying stupid things and Democrat governors making bonehead decisions. It is what it is, but could've been contained early if the Chinese leadership wasn't trying to save face.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's on China because they covered up the seriousness of the virus while trying to contain it. They were through the WHO saying that there was no human to human transmission while at the same time they were buying up face masks and other needed paraphernalia from all over the world in mass quantities. During the Lunar New Year holiday, their biggest, there's huge movement around China by tourists. They weren't letting residents of Wuhan travel around China but were letting them go overseas to give the appearance of all is well. They got cut off from the U.S. so went to Europe in droves where it blew up and ultimately hit New York exceptionally hard from European tourists. Remember that most of the time the virus is spread by those who are asymptomatic but still contagious. To put it on Trump or anyone else other than China is just unfair. To think it would've turned out better under Democrats is naive because there's plenty of examples out there of major Democrats saying stupid things and Democrat governors making bonehead decisions. It is what it is, but could've been contained early if the Chinese leadership wasn't trying to save face.
Sorry, doesn’t fit the Dimocrats narrative.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Canada’s Covid Hot Zone Is Deadlier Than Chicago or L.A.
Montreal’s virus toll -- the city accounts for more than half of Canada’s deaths from Covid-19 -- is a story of lack of preparation, early mistakes and a bit of bad luck. It has also exposed gaps in how Canada cares for its older citizens, despite a government-funded health care system that is sometimes praised by U.S. progressives as a model.
Thursday was typical. The province announced 74 new Covid-19 deaths in the previous day; 70 lived in homes for seniors. Since the pandemic started, four in five fatalities have been residents of retirement and long-term care homes.

105,209 dead Americans, 1.809+infected. You can see the virus slowly heading south. Many southern states that reopened are becoming hot spots. They reopened and haven’t even hit peak for Covid19. Very sad.
UPS is currently wiping the floor with the Teamsters. Forcing $14.00 an hour PT employees to work FT, with a 6 day punch. Trumps Cares Act bailout bill pays more than insiders make weekly. Insiders working 9 hour shifts with only 2 ten minute breaks.