Coronavirus

rickyb

Intentionally slaughtering helpless babies is the exact same as not bankrupting your whole country to prolong the lives of people who have already lived generally long lives. SMH. Do you even think before you write?
it is a rich country, i highly doubt they spent 7 million per person, govts dont value their average citizens like that onlyt eh rich ones.

rickyb

1605231335502.png

1605231525485.png

richard wolff also not impressed with corona virus response in america. says it wouldve been cheaper to prepare ahead of time.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 317253
View attachment 317256
richard wolff also not impressed with corona virus response in america. says it wouldve been cheaper to prepare ahead of time.

Only people with a lack of understanding of, well, much of anything think it was worth the cost of trying to contain the virus. Poor Aussies, their brains have been fried because of the hole in the ozone layer that the cfc ban fixed, but didn't actually because the hole has always been there and expands and contracts naturally. Kinda like the people who think reducing CO2 emissions will save the planet, but have no idea how to do it in ways that wouldn't result in large swaths of the population starving to death. Eternal economic growth may be a myth, but so is eternal capacity for spending. I realize you don't understand how all that is connected, but spend some time, and let it sink in.

rickyb

Only people with a lack of understanding of, well, much of anything think it was worth the cost of trying to contain the virus. Poor Aussies, their brains have been fried because of the hole in the ozone layer that the cfc ban fixed, but didn't actually because the hole has always been there and expands and contracts naturally. Kinda like the people who think reducing CO2 emissions will save the planet, but have no idea how to do it in ways that wouldn't result in large swaths of the population starving to death. Eternal economic growth may be a myth, but so is eternal capacity for spending. I realize you don't understand how all that is connected, but spend some time, and let it sink in.
i agree we cant print money (mostly for the rich) forever and i see the connection u are making.

our current system will lead to total death.

all we needed was prevention and its obvious it wouldve saved us tons of money trying to cure it. plus many world leaders are :censored2:ing up now. why cant we be like china?

actually steve keen predicted this that if u didnt flatten the curve you would keep shutting down anyways and here we are. cant have a normal economy if u dont flatten that curve. aint it just math anyways? its much harder to flatten it when its growing exponentially than it is when its almost flat.

Last edited:

rickyb

how did the asian countries do sucha good job flattening it? was it really expensive for them?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
how did the asian countries do sucha good job flattening it? was it really expensive for them?

Humidity? I don't know what to tell you. There are multiple factors at play. It's not as easy as saying that one thing was done, and the outcome was because of that one thing. There are also real effects of bias that come into play. In the US, there is an incentive to inflate numbers. In other countries, especially the ones that used very harsh methods, they have a serious incentive to deflate numbers. If it turned out that the actions taken didn't have the desired outcome, blood would be flowing in the streets from all the government officials being put to the guillotine.

rickyb

Humidity? I don't know what to tell you. There are multiple factors at play. It's not as easy as saying that one thing was done, and the outcome was because of that one thing. There are also real effects of bias that come into play. In the US, there is an incentive to inflate numbers. In other countries, especially the ones that used very harsh methods, they have a serious incentive to deflate numbers. If it turned out that the actions taken didn't have the desired outcome, blood would be flowing in the streets from all the government officials being put to the guillotine.
stop the numbers are likely credible otherwise they wouldnt be quoting it.

i know you dont know what to tell me which is why you should look it up. the world has been at this for some time now. sweden was not a success. the asian countries were for some reason including poor ones. heard they are more used to wearing masks than america because of previous outbreaks

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
stop the numbers are likely credible otherwise they wouldnt be quoting it.

i know you dont know what to tell me which is why you should look it up. the world has been at this for some time now. sweden was not a success. the asian countries were for some reason including poor ones. heard they are more used to wearing masks than america because of previous outbreaks

It's just as likely that there is already strong cross-immunity within these poor Asian countries from previous outbreaks of related viruses. Poor countries usually mean less hygenic conditions, which means more exposure to pathogenic microbes, which means higher levels of immunity within populations.

Developed nations have issues with auto-immune disorders that don't exist in the developing world. As such, we developed many drugs that are designed specifically to suppress the immune system to deal with these disorders. Guess what happens when you have a high percentage of your population taking drugs that intentionally weaken their immune systems... But you're right. It's probably masks.

I meant I don't know what to tell you as in there are uncountable factors involved, and I have so many to choose from that I don't know where to start, and if you don't understand that anything I tell you probably won't help. There are plenty of countries with mask mandates and lock downs that aren't doing well at all, but we'll ignore those because that data doesn't fit the conclusion we are trying to prove.

Last edited:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Meanwhile, Gov. Gavin Newsom of California is out celebrating a friends birthday with a birthday dinner at the exclusive French Landry restaurant... doing exactly what he tells us not to do while basically trying to ban Thanksgiving.

vantexan

It's just as likely that there is already strong cross-immunity within these poor Asian countries from previous outbreaks of related viruses. Poor countries usually mean less hygenic conditions, which means more exposure to pathogenic microbes, which means higher levels of immunity within populations.

Developed nations have issues with auto-immune disorders that don't exist in the developing world. As such, we developed many drugs that are designed specifically to suppress the immune system to deal with these disorders. Guess what happens when you have a high percentage of your population taking drugs that intentionally weaken their immune systems... But you're right. It's probably masks.

I meant I don't know what to tell you as in there are uncountable factors involved, and I have so many to choose from that I don't know where to start, and if you don't understand that anything I tell you probably won't help. There are plenty of countries with mask mandates and lock downs that aren't doing well at all, but we'll ignore those because that data doesn't fit the conclusion we are trying to prove.
Years ago I read that housewives that kept their homes super clean were actually more likely to catch things like the flu. What you wrote seems to make perfect sense as to why places like Vietnam aren't doing too badly.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Justice Alito: COVID restrictions ‘previously unimaginable’

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito sounded an alarm about restrictions imposed because of the coronavirus pandemic, saying they shouldn’t become a “recurring feature after the pandemic has passed.”
“The pandemic has resulted in previously unimaginable restrictions on individual liberty,” Alito said in an address Thursday to the conservative Federalist Society, which is holding its annual convention virtually because of the pandemic.
Alito noted that he was “not diminishing the severity of the virus’ threat to public health” or saying anything about “whether any of these restrictions represent good public policy.” He cautioned against his words being “twisted or misunderstood.”

But he said it is an “indisputable statement of fact” that “we have never before seen restrictions as severe, extensive and prolonged as those experienced for most of 2020.”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Years ago I read that housewives that kept their homes super clean were actually more likely to catch things like the flu. What you wrote seems to make perfect sense as to why places like Vietnam aren't doing too badly.

Yeah, it's almost entirely a first world problem. You don't find food allergies in 3rd world countries, nor conditions like crohn's disease. There is a whole range of research on the negative effects of over sanitation, and the importance of fostering healthy microbiomes. There are more micro-organism cells in and on our bodies than there are our cells. Using things like anti-bacterial soap wreaks havoc on even the beneficial bacteria.