Coronavirus

Box Ox

Still think masks slow the spread of viruses? I can't help you.

Trump’s CDC:

“U.S. health officials are taking a new tack to encourage Americans to wear masks: They’re emphasizing recent research that a mask protects the person who wears it.

Previously, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advised people to wear masks because of evidence that it stops people who are infected with coronavirus — whether they know it or not — from spreading it to others.

But this week the CDC posted a new scientific brief discussing recent studies finding that a wearer gets some protection“

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trump’s CDC:

“U.S. health officials are taking a new tack to encourage Americans to wear masks: They’re emphasizing recent research that a mask protects the person who wears it.

Previously, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advised people to wear masks because of evidence that it stops people who are infected with coronavirus — whether they know it or not — from spreading it to others.

But this week the CDC posted a new scientific brief discussing recent studies finding that a wearer gets some protection“
"Trump's CDC"
Lol. Mkay then.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Trump’s CDC:

I read through the brief. Plane "studies" that amount to nothing more than anecdotal evidence, a poorly written and referenced paper by an infectious disease physician who used such great works as vox articles to support her claims, but referenced no studies involving random control tests that show that her claims apply at all to wearing masks, oh, and the icing, surveys from Thailand that they claim show a 79% decrease in contracting the virus among mask wearers, while completely ignoring their own study that shows that there is no difference among mask wearers and non mask wearers. If that says science to you, I can't help you.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
US went the way of the free market for its citizens ie bankruptcy. typical us govt not providing welfare for citizens when other countries govts help out.

You understand it's not the government helping out, it's the other citizens helping through their taxes, right? When no one is working, no one is paying. The absurdity of these people who think they can shut everything down without catastrophic consequences is mind blowing.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’m at peace with letting Trump’s CDC and its scientists tell me what the science around the virus is rather than trying to create my own interpretation.

I'm glad you understand your own limitations, but can you at least understand the hazards involved in simply trusting experts when you lack the understanding to evaluate their claims? Why do you trust the CDC versus other experts who say different? Because they are confirming what you already believe, even though you don't know why you believe it?

I honestly don't care if it's Trumps CDC, the evidence is all that matters. I have education and training that enables me to weigh scientific evidence, that's why I know the difference between empirical evidence and anecdotal. It's absurd that these supposed experts are trying to use very weak evidence to make absolute claims, when even strong evidence doesn't usually give anyone the right to claim absolutes.

Last edited:

rickyb

You understand it's not the government helping out, it's the other citizens helping through their taxes, right? When no one is working, no one is paying. The absurdity of these people who think they can shut everything down without catastrophic consequences is mind blowing.
US pays more taxes per capita than canada and we got more help.

the fact that you think you can not manage the virus and keep going doesnt work because you have 300k deaths, and questionable economic performance not to mention more shut downs anyways.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
US pays more taxes per capita than canada and we got more help.

the fact that you think you can not manage the virus and keep going doesnt work because you have 300k deaths, and questionable economic performance not to mention more shut downs anyways.

I don't have time to break down how ridiculous this post is.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I read through the brief. Plane "studies" that amount to nothing more than anecdotal evidence, a poorly written and referenced paper by an infectious disease physician who used such great works as vox articles to support her claims, but referenced no studies involving random control tests that show that her claims apply at all to wearing masks, oh, and the icing, surveys from Thailand that they claim show a 79% decrease in contracting the virus among mask wearers, while completely ignoring their own study that shows that there is no difference among mask wearers and non mask wearers. If that says science to you, I can't help you.
Vox is a s:censored2:*thole rag!

Box Ox

. It's absurd that these supposed experts are trying to use very weak evidence to make absolute claims, when even strong evidence doesn't usually give anyone the right to claim absolutes.
Better tweet the God Emperor and ask him what's going on with his CDC's faulty science and false claims since they're not in agreement with your own educated and trained analysis of the evidence, Mr. Big Brain. LOL

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Better tweet the God Emperor and ask him what's going on with his CDC's faulty science and false claims since they're not in agreement with your own educated and trained analysis of the evidence, Mr. Big Brain. LOL
Did you even bother to read the one sentence description of the "studies"?

Come on man!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Why do you feel the need to keep bringing Trump into this? I don't need to tell the CDC anything, there are plenty of other experts with better evidence that are laughing at the CDC right now. Because if they don't laugh, they'd have to weep.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Did you even bother to read the one sentence description of the "studies"?

Come on man!

I'm not sure he would understand why the studies aren't relevant or, in some cases, even scientific.

@Box Ox, please don't take that as a personal attack. I consider you one of the smarter and more reasonable people on these forums. Take it with all due respect.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm not sure he would understand why the studies aren't relevant or, in some cases, even scientific.

@Box Ox, please don't take that as a personal attack. I consider you one of the smarter and more reasonable people on these forums. Take it with all due respect.
I would hope he could admit that using a "study" of 139 people to form public policy for 330+ million people, is absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe not though.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Justice Alito: COVID restrictions ‘previously unimaginable’

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito sounded an alarm about restrictions imposed because of the coronavirus pandemic, saying they shouldn’t become a “recurring feature after the pandemic has passed.”
“The pandemic has resulted in previously unimaginable restrictions on individual liberty,” Alito said in an address Thursday to the conservative Federalist Society, which is holding its annual convention virtually because of the pandemic.
Alito noted that he was “not diminishing the severity of the virus’ threat to public health” or saying anything about “whether any of these restrictions represent good public policy.” He cautioned against his words being “twisted or misunderstood.”

But he said it is an “indisputable statement of fact” that “we have never before seen restrictions as severe, extensive and prolonged as those experienced for most of 2020.”
Why doesn't Alito lead by example and get his ass back to work in person? The court has been working virtually for months.

floridays

Why doesn't Alito lead by example and get his ass back to work in person? The court has been working virtually for months.
I'm sure he would, get the prick Roberts to tell the lefty's to appear, he'd probably be calling his worthless (Constitutionally speaking) ass out as well.

Alito would be in chambers tomorrow, Thomas as well.