Coronavirus

vantexan

Then they ignored that study in favor of ones from Thailand that confirmed the conclusion they were trying to prove. The exact opposite of the scientific method.
People should get vaccinated for the same reason we wear masks. It gives them a sense of security, of doing something. Can split hairs all day, but we aren't going to have a reopened economy until people's fears are allayed. And it doesn't help that people who distrust Big Pharma are running around scaring people without giving it a chance. A pharmaceutical company that would choose to hoodwink the public to make some quick bucks would go down in flames.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Does Elon Musk have the coronavirus? After four tests, he still doesn’t know.

Elon Musk, the SpaceX chief executive, has tested positive twice, and negative twice, for the coronavirus after taking four rapid virus tests, he revealed in a disgruntled tweet early Friday morning. The announcement came just days before his company’s much-anticipated launch of a Crew Dragon capsule that will carry four astronauts to the International Space Station.

Heard another story where a woman had one nostril tested then the other at the same time....guess what?

I'm not saying COVID isn't real or even serious, but the stats are all :censored2:ed up.

Sportello

Elon Musk, the SpaceX chief executive, has tested positive twice, and negative twice, for the coronavirus after taking four rapid virus tests, he revealed in a disgruntled tweet early Friday morning. The announcement came just days before his company’s much-anticipated launch of a Crew Dragon capsule that will carry four astronauts to the International Space Station.

Heard another story where a woman had one nostril tested then the other at the same time....guess what?

I'm not saying COVID isn't real or even serious, but the stats are all *ed up.
Please, we now refer to him as ‘Space Karen’.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'm not saying COVID isn't real or even serious, but the stats are all *ed up.
Plus you have TONS of people with it not getting tested.

In my wife’s case there were at least 5 other cases that didn’t get tested for her 1 positive test.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
People should get vaccinated for the same reason we wear masks. It gives them a sense of security, of doing something. Can split hairs all day, but we aren't going to have a reopened economy until people's fears are allayed. And it doesn't help that people who distrust Big Pharma are running around scaring people without giving it a chance. A pharmaceutical company that would choose to hoodwink the public to make some quick bucks would go down in flames.

Whose fault is it that the public is freaked out to begin with? There is plenty of reason to be skeptical of a vaccine that was developed and approved so quickly, and plenty of reason to believe the danger of the virus has been played way up. If people need a sugar pill to calm them down, they can have it. Let's just hope they didn't accidently taint the sugar pill with a little arsenic.

vantexan

Whose fault is it that the public is freaked out to begin with? There is plenty of reason to be skeptical of a vaccine that was developed and approved so quickly, and plenty of reason to believe the danger of the virus has been played way up. If people need a sugar pill to calm them down, they can have it. Let's just hope they didn't accidently taint the sugar pill with a little arsenic.
You seem to be a bit paranoid about it. Let's remember what this is, a most likely lab concocted Chinese virus. We need every tool available to combat it. You mentioned it might be naturally over by next year. The 1918 virus took over two years. Do we really want to be shut down that long? Our science has advanced to the point that yes we can develop something this quickly. Wasn't too long ago they couldn't map out the DNA sequence of anything. Look what that opened up.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You seem to be a bit paranoid about it. Let's remember what this is, a most likely lab concocted Chinese virus. We need every tool available to combat it. You mentioned it might be naturally over by next year. The 1918 virus took over two years. Do we really want to be shut down that long? Our science has advanced to the point that yes we can develop something this quickly. Wasn't too long ago they couldn't map out the DNA sequence of anything. Look what that opened up.

The 1918 pandemic was 18 months, and it was tapering off towards the end. Way more fatal too. I'm not paranoid, simply skeptical. There are reasons for long term effect studies, and those can't be done in a short period of time. I will more than happily allow other people to volunteer to be guinea pigs, but either way, I'll probably still take my chances with catching it in the wild.

vantexan

The 1918 pandemic was 18 months, and it was tapering off towards the end. Way more fatal too. I'm not paranoid, simply skeptical. There are reasons for long term effect studies, and those can't be done in a short period of time. I will more than happily allow other people to volunteer to be guinea pigs, but either way, I'll probably still take my chances with catching it in the wild.
I'm reading February 1918 to April 1920 in four waves. Keep in mind we have over 5 times the number of people too so this could go on awhile.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm reading February 1918 to April 1920 in four waves. Keep in mind we have over 5 times the number of people too so this could go on awhile.

You know better than to trust CNN. CDC, Stanford and Time all say 1918-1919. There may still have been cases popping up until 1920, but probably dropped below pandemic levels in mid 1919.

Yeah, we do have over 5 times the population, and only 1 to 7% the amount of deaths so far from this pandemic, depending on what the actual death toll of the Spanish flu was. Estimates range from 17 to 100 million worldwide.

MAKAVELI

You know better than to trust CNN. CDC, Stanford and Time all say 1918-1919. There may still have been cases popping up until 1920, but probably dropped below pandemic levels in mid 1919.

Yeah, we do have over 5 times the population, and only 1 to 7% the amount of deaths so far from this pandemic, depending on what the actual death toll of the Spanish flu was. Estimates range from 17 to 100 million worldwide.
What do you think the death rate for covid-19 would be with 1918 era medicine? Most likely much worse.

Brownslave688

And the people live much closer so it should spread fast. But that’s what herd immunity is anyway. It’s not total immunity killing the virus. It just means the waves will be further apart and more localized. Think chickenpox before there was a vaccine.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Please, we now refer to him as ‘Space Karen’.
In a May appearance on the popular Joe Rogan podcast, Musk called the probability of death from the virus “extremely low,” adding that “it’s almost like people really wanted a pandemic.”

Yeah, the TDSers wanted it bad. LMAO!

Brownslave688

The spanish flu took out young health people at an astonishing rate. Some mix of the immune system over responding or lack of prior exposure to other influenzas.
I fully expected something like this to happen at some point in my life. I never in a million years thought that people would react in this way to something that killed under 1% and the risk to children is almost zero.