dow 24000

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Mixed reviews? His bumbling incompetence has destroyed the economy. You can try and blame the virus but virtually every other country is doing a better job than we are on their economies.
2g0uho.jpg

Box Ox

His bumbling incompetence has destroyed the economy. You can try and blame the virus but virtually every other country is doing a better job than we are on their economies.

Economy was steamrolling before all this crap happened. I definitely believe he should have closed the borders earlier.

When do we think a President Joe Biden would have shut down travel and closed borders in order to head off the virus?

It will be fine

When do we think a President Joe Biden would have shut down travel and closed borders in order to head off the virus?
President Joe would have kept the pandemic response team in place. He’d have had scientists on the ground in Wuhan to help contain the outbreak and gather information. He’d have been developing tests before the virus got here. He’d have been acquiring supplies to protect our healthcare workers before the virus got here. He’d have been following the advice of epidemiologists instead of pretending nothing was going to happen for months.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
President Joe would have kept the pandemic response team in place. He’d have had scientists on the ground in Wuhan to help contain the outbreak and gather information. He’d have been developing tests before the virus got here. He’d have been acquiring supplies to protect our healthcare workers before the virus got here. He’d have been following the advice of epidemiologists instead of pretending nothing was going to happen for months.
tenor-2.gif

vantexan

Mixed reviews? His bumbling incompetence has destroyed the economy. You can try and blame the virus but virtually every other country is doing a better job than we are on their economies.
No, they aren't. Getting slammed too. With the exception of Sweden, which kept business open, and their economy still isn't that great.

vantexan

President Joe would be asking what day it is and what state Washington D.C. is in.

It will be fine

No, they aren't. Getting slammed too. With the exception of Sweden, which kept business open, and their economy still isn't that great.
I was talking to a friend in Australia yesterday. She said it’s basically back to normal there. Kids back in school, workplaces open. We aren’t close to that. Trump has done a terrible job. He made the crisis worse than it needed to be. He’s not up to the job.

vantexan

I was talking to a friend in Australia yesterday. She said it’s basically back to normal there. Kids back in school, workplaces open. We aren’t close to that. Trump has done a terrible job. He made the crisis worse than it needed to be. He’s not up to the job.
Your premise is all wrong. Each state is responsible for the handling of the crisis, not the Federal government. Whether each state is returning back to normal is up to each governor. Tell me why some states run by Democrat governors are extending their lockdowns for no other reason apparently than to blame Trump for their economic woes?

vantexan

By the way Australia has about 5 million less people than Texas and they're spread over an area roughly the size of the continental US. Apples and oranges.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
First thing - those were s:censored2:thole news sources. My sources are within Georgia as I don't give a friend:censored2:k what
the East Coast or West Coast news people think. They are TDS infected LibTurds.

What you DemWits don't seem to understand is:
The purpose of the shutdown and 'flattening the curve' was to ensure that anyone sick with COVID-19 was able to get prescribed treatment, especially ICU beds and ventilators.
Georgia ICU beds are under 45% utilization and ventilators under 35% utilization and that's without any expansion of existing infrastructure.
Cases have leveled out and deaths have gone down to 3 or 4 a day.

I don't have any reason to rethink anything other the decision to take you off IGNORE ... you add nothing but nonsense to any discussion.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
First thing - those were s:censored2:thole news sources. My sources are within Georgia as I don't give a friend:censored2:k what
the East Coast or West Coast news people think. They are TDS infected LibTurds.

What you DemWits don't seem to understand is:
The purpose of the shutdown and 'flattening the curve' was to ensure that anyone sick with COVID-19 was able to get prescribed treatment, especially ICU beds and ventilators.
Georgia ICU beds are under 45% utilization and ventilators under 35% utilization and that's without any expansion of existing infrastructure.
Cases have leveled out and deaths have gone down to 3 or 4 a day.

Coronavirus death statistics in Georgia | 11alive.com

22 deaths per day!

https://www.ajc.com/news/latest-atl...covid-deaths-pass-600/rzbuoqjqbq3kvowiriiask/

Thurs 14th: 1,544 deaths
Fri 15th: 1,588 deaths
Sat 16th: 1,598 deaths
Mon 18th: 1,642 deaths

Friend that is not, "deaths have gone down to 3 or 4 a day."

As for the utilization %'s, after "half of doctors and nurses take hydroxychloroquine" and "3 or 4 a day." ........ We'll just leave it at that