dow 24000

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don’t throw good money after bad clown until I feel the worst is over

Forecasts for Dow and S&P 500 'lows'
It’s the job of top strategists at Wall Street firms to crunch numbers related to economic growth and corporate earnings and predict how bad bear markets will get. And recent market calls from stock gurus suggest more losses are coming.

This past Friday, Goldman Sachs said it expected a mid-year low of 2,000 for the S&P 500, which equates to a further 21% drop from Tuesday’s close of 2,529 — and a total bear market decline of 41% from the Feb. 19 record close of 3,386.15. (Don’t panic, though. The firm sees the broad market gauge rebounding and ending the year at 3,200.)

Similarly, Credit Suisse’s worst-case scenario is a 20% drop in U.S. corporate earnings which would drive the S&P 500 down to 2,200, a decline of 13% from Tuesday’s close.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We're not out of the woods yet In fact if this continues many of us might find ourselves living in the woods.
If we ever finally hit bottom how long do you guys think it will take to recover?
I first thought it would take 12-18 months. I think we can safely double that number now.
Warren Buffett is a pretty smart fellow. he said be cautious when everyone is buying and be greedy when everyone is selling.

I did the same thing in the meltdown in 07-8. did very well. not only did we invest heavily in stocks but in some physical goods that we resold for good profit.

we'll be alright but i agree it will take longer perhaps. no one really knows unless you have a time machine.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It is pretty easy to tell who the liars are. Anyone that had a significant amount in the market is pretty sick to their stomach about it right now.

They certainly aren’t gleefully looking to put more in.
we have almost 2 mil in. not worried but think the recovery will take quite some time. will continue buying. we have a good amount of cash reserves. did the same thing in 07-08 and did extremely well.

i don'tlike timing the market.believe that dollar cost averaging works much better. there are tremendous buying ops out there.

if the market NEVER recovers ( which has never happened ) or it takes more than 10-15 years , yes I will get sick to my stomach. we are in our 60's.

bacha29

Forecasts for Dow and S&P 500 'lows'
It’s the job of top strategists at Wall Street firms to crunch numbers related to economic growth and corporate earnings and predict how bad bear markets will get. And recent market calls from stock gurus suggest more losses are coming.

This past Friday, Goldman Sachs said it expected a mid-year low of 2,000 for the S&P 500, which equates to a further 21% drop from Tuesday’s close of 2,529 — and a total bear market decline of 41% from the Feb. 19 record close of 3,386.15. (Don’t panic, though. The firm sees the broad market gauge rebounding and ending the year at 3,200.)

Similarly, Credit Suisse’s worst-case scenario is a 20% drop in U.S. corporate earnings which would drive the S&P 500 down to 2,200, a decline of 13% from Tuesday’s close.
When the DOW went to 19,700 a short time ago it gave up all the gains that were made since Trump became president........."all this winning"!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When the DOW went to 19,700 a short time ago it gave up all the gains that were made since Trump became president........."all this winning"!
Did Trump give another speech or something? Every time that guy gets on tv the market tanks hard, they need to keep him under wraps.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Stuff happens. We will overcome and start winning again. The long term looks good unless Sleepy Joe gets in.