Draining The Swamp

It will be fine

Republicans Try to Block Moore’s Path as Candidate Denies Sexual Misconduct

...But on Friday, Democratic donors appeared increasingly interested in the race. Stephen J. Cloobeck, a Nevada hotel magnate who contributed $500,000 last year to a Senate-focused Democratic “super PAC,” described Mr. Moore as “despicable” and said he would gladly direct money to Mr. Jones.

“If there’s an event, I will participate, because I have a 14-year-old little girl, and if anyone touched her, I’d kill them,” Mr. Cloobeck said. “I’d kill them
.”
“I don’t remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother,” Mr. Moore told Mr. Hannity. Asked by Mr. Hannity if he ever dated teenagers when he was in his 30s, Mr. Moore equivocated, replying, “Not generally, no.”

He's dated enough teenage girls to know that he asks their mother's permission beforehand. He also says he "generally" doesn't date teenage girls. That's insane. I can't imagine any normal adult person saying anything besides a flat "hell no" when asked if they date teenagers.

newfie

There's more corroboration than that, and you know it. Moore was a scumbag unfit for office before these allegations and remains unfit. Republicans continue to demonstrate they will vote for anyone with an (R) by their name. The guy raped children, but hey the rich need tax cuts.

accusation , immediate conviction , immediate incarceration . thank god we don't have to waste money trying this one

newfie

The difference is the liberals act like liberals. It's the hypocritical conservative christians that get nailed constantly. Church pews are full of these fakes.

man I think we agree on something. I have always said that liberals take the sleazy positions so they can never be convicted of failures of ethics or morality.

vantexan

Ignorant or stupid? You tell me.
You made a point of saying X amount of mass shooters were in the military, including Oswald. There was a time when all young men were expected to serve two years, so your point proves nothing. But that's the Left, tearing down institutions, hating authority, love to bash the country. You call it blind patriotism on our side but I'd love to see a little patriotism on your side. The one thing I can count on with the Left is the resentment over someone having a lot more money than they have. Everything is truly about jealousy of the rich. And getting at that money any way you can.

vantexan

This is an election, not a court of law.
Nah, just being tried in the kangaroo court of public opinion. Barney Frank's lover ran a male prostitution ring from their house. It was an open secret about Harvey Weinstein's behavior for decades. And Louis CK. And Bill Clinton. And on and on. All provided cover unless there was just no way to cover it up. Notice that with Hillary losing there was no longer a need to protect Weinstein, a huge donor to the Clinton campaigns. The dam burst. If definitive proof comes out about Moore, that it's not just an election tactic, fry his ass. But be consistent, go after major liberals right away, don't turn a blind eye because they're the President or a major donor. To sit there and talk about Republicans protecting their own after decades of protecting guys like Roman Polanski, who definitely had sex with a 13 yr old after plying her with booze and drugs, is the height of hypocrisy.

It will be fine

Nah, just being tried in the kangaroo court of public opinion. Barney Frank's lover ran a male prostitution ring from their house. It was an open secret about Harvey Weinstein's behavior for decades. And Louis CK. And Bill Clinton. And on and on. All provided cover unless there was just no way to cover it up. Notice that with Hillary losing there was no longer a need to protect Weinstein, a huge donor to the Clinton campaigns. The dam burst. If definitive proof comes out about Moore, that it's not just an election tactic, fry his ass. But be consistent, go after major liberals right away, don't turn a blind eye because they're the President or a major donor. To sit there and talk about Republicans protecting their own after decades of protecting guys like Roman Polanski, who definitely had sex with a 13 yr old after plying her with booze and drugs, is the height of hypocrisy.
Ok. Vote for the pedo. MAGA

bbsam

Staff member
Because yours is the party of the religious right.

vantexan

Because yours is the party of the religious right.
They are still human beings making mistakes. But let someone on the Right make a serious mistake and y'all are on it like white on rice. But let someone on the Left get in trouble and it's swept under the rug as much as you can. You've got the 500 lb gorilla in the room, Hillary, and you want us to remember the election is over, time to move on.

bbsam

Staff member
They are still human beings making mistakes. But let someone on the Right make a serious mistake and y'all are on it like white on rice. But let someone on the Left get in trouble and it's swept under the rug as much as you can. You've got the 500 lb gorilla in the room, Hillary, and you want us to remember the election is over, time to move on.
Come no, van. The right has ALWAYS put themselves out there as morally superior and enjoyed that undeserved reputation. Now they deserve the heat.

Sportello

You made a point of saying X amount of mass shooters were in the military, including Oswald. There was a time when all young men were expected to serve two years, so your point proves nothing. But that's the Left, tearing down institutions, hating authority, love to bash the country. You call it blind patriotism on our side but I'd love to see a little patriotism on your side. The one thing I can count on with the Left is the resentment over someone having a lot more money than they have. Everything is truly about jealousy of the rich. And getting at that money any way you can.
Okay, I’m going with stupid

vantexan

Ok. Vote for the pedo. MAGA

According to laws in the majority of States a 14 yr old is old enough to marry. Girls that age routinely marry in many countries. And used to in this country. But women's rights advocates want to push the age of consent up to insure girls get educated and have a life independent of men if so desired. Fine, I get that. But sex with a 14 year old isn't wrong because of her age. As a Christian it's wrong because he wasn't married to her. And I know I'll get scorned for that from every angle. We live in a different world today than when Moore was 32. And I'll gladly say I have a problem with a 32 yr old with a 14 yr old much more than a 19 yr old with a 14 yr old. But in a historical context it isn't pedophilia.

bbsam

Staff member
According to laws in the majority of States a 14 yr old is old enough to marry. Girls that age routinely marry in many countries. And used to in this country. But women's rights advocates want to push the age of consent up to insure girls get educated and have a life independent of men if so desired. Fine, I get that. But sex with a 14 year old isn't wrong because of her age. As a Christian it's wrong because he wasn't married to her. And I know I'll get scorned for that from every angle. We live in a different world today than when Moore was 32. And I'll gladly say I have a problem with a 32 yr old with a 14 yr old much more than a 19 yr old with a 14 yr old. But in a historical context it isn't pedophilia.
Wow.

vantexan

Come no, van. The right has ALWAYS put themselves out there as morally superior and enjoyed that undeserved reputation. Now they deserve the heat.
The Left constantly tells us we're morally inferior concerning gays, abortion and supposed racism.