Draining The Swamp

It will be fine

According to laws in the majority of States a 14 yr old is old enough to marry. Girls that age routinely marry in many countries. And used to in this country. But women's rights advocates want to push the age of consent up to insure girls get educated and have a life independent of men if so desired. Fine, I get that. But sex with a 14 year old isn't wrong because of her age. As a Christian it's wrong because he wasn't married to her. And I know I'll get scorned for that from every angle. We live in a different world today than when Moore was 32. And I'll gladly say I have a problem with a 32 yr old with a 14 yr old much more than a 19 yr old with a 14 yr old. But in a historical context it isn't pedophilia.
You've hit rock bottom. Time to take a look in the mirror with respect to your partisanship.

Sportello

According to laws in the majority of States a 14 yr old is old enough to marry. Girls that age routinely marry in many countries. And used to in this country. But women's rights advocates want to push the age of consent up to insure girls get educated and have a life independent of men if so desired. Fine, I get that. But sex with a 14 year old isn't wrong because of her age. As a Christian it's wrong because he wasn't married to her. And I know I'll get scorned for that from every angle. We live in a different world today than when Moore was 32. And I'll gladly say I have a problem with a 32 yr old with a 14 yr old much more than a 19 yr old with a 14 yr old. But in a historical context it isn't pedophilia.

You may have some serious problems, besides the stupidity.

vantexan

You've hit rock bottom. Time to take a look in the mirror with respect to your partisanship.
I'm not defending his sex with a minor. I'm saying it's not pedophilia. But as a Christian he had no business touching anyone but his wife. Sin is sin. And as humans nothing trips us up more than sex. I'm not innocent either. The youngest woman I have had sex with was 20, same as I was. But I wasn't married to her. What you folks don't seem to grasp is that Christians are just as human as everyone else. The difference is we acknowledge the wrong, ask for forgiveness, and try not to do the wrong again if we're sincere. Non-believers don't see the necessity of that, don't want that kind of structure over their lives, and some are angered that Christians living the best they can by that code are somehow judging them for not doing so. Guess we'll have to find out someday who was right, if it mattered, or if it was worth getting angry about.

Sportello

why because I advocate for someone having their day in court while you want to hang him as soon as the charges are levied?
no one want him to be hanged, but he should not be a US Senator, either. He's 70 years old. He should just retire and ride around on his tiny pony and play with his little gun in his Western cosplay outfit.

Sportello

I'm not defending his sex with a minor. I'm saying it's not pedophilia. But as a Christian he had no business touching anyone but his wife. Sin is sin. And as humans nothing trips us up more than sex. I'm not innocent either. The youngest woman I have had sex with was 20, same as I was. But I wasn't married to her. What you folks don't seem to grasp is that Christians are just as human as everyone else. The difference is we acknowledge the wrong, ask for forgiveness, and try not to do the wrong again if we're sincere. Non-believers don't see the necessity of that, don't want that kind of structure over their lives, and some are angered that Christians living the best they can by that code are somehow judging them for not doing so. Guess we'll have to find out someday who was right, if it mattered, or if it was worth getting angry about.
Let us know what you find.

It will be fine

which you never said to yourself as you voted for the sleazeballs on your side.
There's only one "side" here defending the kiddie diddler. Van is arguing that it was normal for 30 yr old men to bang 14 yr olds in the 80s and the only thing wrong was that they weren't married. There's no way you guys would be making this argument if the perp wasn't your candidate for senate.