Driver drill

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
what others have said is for the most part correct. do you remember your manual transmission driving test? the supervisor had a clipboard with two columns, one for you and one for him. it's the same way basically for your 5's and 10's test. if you say something it goes in your column, if he sees something before you say it, it goes in his column. at the end of the ride he's going to add it up.

left side intersection...clear/hazard
right side intersection...clear/hazard
stale/fresh green light...point of decision is the (insert something relevant here)
i'm doing 25/45/60mph so my eye lead time is (insert something relevant here)
left side mirror clear/hazard
dashboard gauges clear
right side mirror clear/hazard
pedestrian/bicyclist right side (honk and wave)

just keep on talking like this for 10 minutes and you'll be fine. just remember every single driveway or parking lot is an intersection. every pedestrian/bicyclist requires a honk and wave etc and you'll be fine.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here is exactly how it goes.
Left mirror clear
Left curb clear
Following distance clear (edit)
Speed clear
Right curb clear
Right mirror clear.

Repeat 900 times unless you see something in your mirror or window. It's stupid and a hazard in its self.

Unless I was in my 30 days this is how it goes for me

Yeah I don’t feel safe at all doing that. It’s very distracting.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Didn't see it mentioned but you can't go side to side without going forward unless it's an intersection.

Other crap like if you're around cars you can say you're scanning steering wheels and watching for brake/reverse lights.

Speak slowly, it makes things much easier.

vvv

The most distracting/ dangerous thing I have ever attempted in a ups truck.

DAMN RIGHT!!

To the original poster.....refuse this exercise and tell them it greatly distracts you from duties to stay safe and alert needing to call things out.

He can very well observe your driving habits while with you without you flapping your mouth every second.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Yeah but most times it's just CLEAR!!
Curb is almost always dirty if you’re driving in the city. There’s always something there like a traffic sign or light pole or pedestrian. I called every curb dirty and passed easily.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Common Causes of Distracted Driving

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that distracted driving led to the deaths of 3,450 people in 2016 and in 2015 injured 391,000 people on roads in the United States. In the vast majority of these cases, the distraction was completely avoidable. Here are the nine common distractions:
  1. Interacting with a passenger
  2. Talking on a cellphone
  3. Holding an object other than a cellphone (i.e. a pet)
  4. Talking/singing/dancing
  5. Holding a cellphone
  6. Smoking
  7. Adjusting radio/climate control
  8. Eating
  9. Other cellphone interaction

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
63CB971F-7111-4379-9E81-139CD3E88FB2.jpeg