Driver pictures

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It definitely is an issue for those drivers. There’s a lot of creepy dudes out there. You’re on a roll of being dead wrong lately.
According to relatives who are in that line of work, the issue is that the companies are allowing the market to be flooded with drivers, making it tough for anyone to make any decent money. Kind of strange to have that kind of persistent overstaffing if everyone is terrified to have their picture on their profile. Then there are the Lyft, Uber, etc. driver forums on Reddit. For something that is an issue, they sure go out of their way to not say anything about it. Did you try spending a few minutes there before deciding that it was an issue?

Keep trying, I know times are tough.

59 Dano

Uber, Lyft and Instacart do not wear uniforms or drive a marked company vehicle. We do.
They give their customers their first names, pictures, license plate numbers, and descriptions of their cars.

Also - we drive company marked vehicles and wear uniforms. Probably not the job to have if you're worried about sticking out like a sore thumb in a world full of weirdos.

El Morado Diablo

Also - we drive company marked vehicles and wear uniforms. Probably not the job to have if you're worried about sticking out like a sore thumb in a world full of weirdos.

Exactly why driver photos are completely unnecessary.

We also wear visible photo id. No reason for that once we're out of the building if our name/photo are visible online, is there?

Aquaman

Come on guys, everything fedex does is stupid.
Bad idea after bad idea is kind of this companies calling card. Remember response? Having couriers deliver P1 and come back to the building and sit and wait for hours waiting for their P2. Couriers made a killing doing that moronic garbage lol. Then as a result stations had to spend a fortune renting extra trucks because there was nothing for the 2nd shift to drive lol. It’s the on location problems like that the cubicle farm geniuses can never account for.

59 Dano

Exactly why driver photos are completely unnecessary.

We also wear visible photo id. No reason for that once we're out of the building if our name/photo are visible online, is there?
Out in the real world, drivers wear uniforms, drive around in marked trucks, and wear a visible ID with first and last names and there is no problem.

On this board, a pic and your first name will lead to all sorts of problems.

59 Dano

Bad idea after bad idea is kind of this companies calling card. Remember response? Having couriers deliver P1 and come back to the building and sit and wait for hours waiting for their P2. Couriers made a killing doing that moronic garbage lol. Then as a result stations had to spend a fortune renting extra trucks because there was nothing for the 2nd shift to drive lol. It’s the on location problems like that the cubicle farm geniuses can never account for.
And as bad as RESPONSE was, it was 100 times better than not having RESPONSE.

Aquaman

And as bad as RESPONSE was, it was 100 times better than not having RESPONSE.
You always act like this company is locked in a straight jacket of its own operation. Like there can be no good solution but another bad one. Great companies know how to adapt. FedEx only knows how to react. This merge will be another RESPONSE. It will be a disaster and FedEx will be too slow to admit the mistake.

59 Dano

You always act like this company is locked in a straight jacket of its own operation. Like there can be no good solution but another bad one. Great companies know how to adapt. FedEx only knows how to react. This merge will be another RESPONSE. It will be a disaster and FedEx will be too slow to admit the mistake.
No, I act like this company can't just do whatever some guy on the internet screams that they should do. You act like there are all these better options out there that they could implement at the drop of a hat if they chose.