Election 2016

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So, yes, there's the baseball game in Cuba that Obama went to.

There's also the speech Obama gave to the citizens of Cuba.

Did you hear/read it?

It's Obama at his best - soaring rhetoric, utterly optimistic, looking upwards.

Nice speech, actually.
I watched it. It was actually kind of surreal watching his speech, while the dust was still settling in Brussels.

bbsam

Staff member
I watched it. It was actually kind of surreal watching his speech, while the dust was still settling in Brussels.
I don't get that. Why so negative? There are things to be optimistic about in the world as well as things that are troubling. Are we really so shallow that reality feels surreal? Honestly, if the West is that shaken by a terrorist attack, then I'd say we really haven't been paying attention to the last 20 years.

Oh Shoot

uploadfromtaptalk1458699268705.jpg

newfie

So, yes, there's the baseball game in Cuba that Obama went to.

There's also the speech Obama gave to the citizens of Cuba.

Did you hear/read it?

It's Obama at his best - soaring rhetoric, utterly optimistic, looking upwards.

Nice speech, actually.

you missed a spot on the bottom of his boots.

if speeches solved all our problems what a wonderful world it would be.

newfie

I don't get that. Why so negative? There are things to be optimistic about in the world as well as things that are troubling. Are we really so shallow that reality feels surreal? Honestly, if the West is that shaken by a terrorist attack, then I'd say we really haven't been paying attention to the last 20 years.

Obama wanted his moment in Cuba and could care less what the rest of the world was doing.

bbsam

Staff member
you missed a spot on the bottom of his boots.

if speeches solved all our problems what a wonderful world it would be.
All our problems? Really? When was the last time all our problems were solved? That's pretty unrealistic.

newfie

If you don't say "radical Islamic terrorist" it means you hate America, baseball, Apple pie, and Chevrolet.

Obama made it an issue by refusing to say it. It does not insult all muslims to identify those who twist the ideology to harm others. You liberals have had no problem doing it to Christians. But slam a radical muslim and we suddenly threatened with legal action.