Election is over.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Who said the word conversation? Not me. Was it you? I have no clue what the hell you're talking about old lady.
The head of the broadway show said there would be no apology forthcoming because it was a "conversation". If you are not following the story, then maybe I shouldn't burden you with the facts.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I agree with moreluck----it was inappropriate.
Whether you or moreluck thinks it's inappropriate is besides the point. It's their right to speak out on social issues in a public forum. Keep in mind this was both respectful and peaceful. Something everyone on both sides should be commending.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do you feel about getting the same stupid DIAD messages day after day? We are a captive audience and these stupid messages are part of our job.

Mike Pence wanted a break from the post-election activity and was able to score tickets to a sold out Broadway show that are normally only available through a lottery system. Does his voluntary admission as a spectator to a show that does not normally involve audience participation give the cast members the right to call him out on his political beliefs?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whether you or moreluck thinks it's inappropriate is besides the point. It's their right to speak out on social issues in a public forum. Keep in mind this was both respectful and peaceful. Something everyone on both sides should be commending.

I have already stated that I have no problem with what was said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They are being paid to perform and entertain......not lecture!! They are free to rent a hall and rant and rave all they want, but this was a theater and it was their workplace.
Ask yourself if UPS would tolerate this at their center when a visiting politician was taking the tour..

MAKAVELI

Banned
They are being paid to perform and entertain......not lecture!! They are free to rent a hall and rant and rave all they want, but this was a theater and it was their workplace.
Ask yourself if UPS would tolerate this at their center when a visiting politician was taking the tour..
The speech was entertaining to me.;)

newfie

when did it become respectful to publicly single out one member of the audience and make a speech in front of a packed crowd that his administration is making them fearful.

14925749_1157434467658359_3845590111812719938_n.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How do you feel about getting the same stupid DIAD messages day after day? We are a captive audience and these stupid messages are part of our job.

Mike Pence wanted a break from the post-election activity and was able to score tickets to a sold out Broadway show that are normally only available through a lottery system. Does his voluntary admission as a spectator to a show that does not normally involve audience participation give the cast members the right to call him out on his political beliefs?
Absolutely.
His policies directly target members of the cast and/or their families and friends.
If he used his political connections to get seats to a show that is normally only available by lottery, then he doesnt have a right to get all butthurt when he gets called out on those policies at the show by the same people he is targeting.
If he is going to be Vice President and target an entire segment of our population for discrimination, he had better get used to it because its going to keep happening. He needs to grow a thicker skin if he wants to play with the grownups.

Last edited: