Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
With all the voting being solicited by Democrats for voting in the Republican primaries where possible.....I think the Dems. are afraid of having Romney as the GOP candidate........That makes the people on the right want him even more.

The GOP should be able to pick their own candidate without influence from the opposing party. Rules should be adjusted in certain states so only GOP can vote in GOP primaries. Now the unions are scrambling too......

Unions spend in bid to damage Romney - TheHill.com

bbsam

Staff member
MORE OBAMA CAMPAIGN STICKERS.............

Obama 2012: Because you're racist, that's why.

Obama 2012: Admit it, you want to find out what comes after a Trillion.

Obama 2012: Because we still don't look like North Korea from space.

Obama: What I Did for the Middle East, I Can Do for America

Obama 2012: An Abortion In Every Pot

Obama 2012: It's Still Bush's Fault!

Obama 2012: How Much Worse Could It Get?

Obama 2012: You wanna keep having sex, don't you?

Obama 2012: Can you afford as many kids as Mitt Romney?

Obama 2012: 'Cause republicans hate you "sluts" and "prostitutes".

Obama 2012: I mean really, have you seen the republican field?!

UPS Lifer

With all the voting being solicited by Democrats for voting in the Republican primaries where possible.....I think the Dems. are afraid of having Romney as the GOP candidate........That makes the people on the right want him even more.

The GOP should be able to pick their own candidate without influence from the opposing party. Rules should be adjusted in certain states so only GOP can vote in GOP primaries. Now the unions are scrambling too......

Unions spend in bid to damage Romney - TheHill.com

I can't agree more with this and Upstates post.

And another point along this same line of thought...
These governors or state officials (of which mine is one) who are trying to make their state stand out on the national primary scene by moving the primaries up have hurt the primary process.

Using Arizona as an example, it completely backfired!

We were punished by losing 1/2 of our delegates because of an early primary. Not only that, but why a winner take all process??? Arizona became a non-issue because of the close race in Michigan. Winner take all means that a candidate who is not going to win won't even bother coming to the state to campaign and hear from the voters. IT COSTS MONEY to campaign! Each candidate in Michigan gets a proportional share of delegates based winning each district. This is a fair process and the candidates campaigned there. Why waste time in AZ??

I am not a fan of huge campaign spending. Super pacs are ruining the campaign process. Who wants to keep seeing these negative ads???? There is a different campaign landscape now because of social websites, smartphones and iPads. The whole process needs to be revamped but we know that money is power and unless that is taken out of the equation it will be hard to make the playing field equal for all candidates.

wkmac

• On Election Day, vote for the ONE politician who is truly on your side — Nobody.
  • Between now and then, tell your friends about the Vote for Nobody Campaign.
  • Talk to your neighbors and family about the exciting possibility of voting for Nobody.

votefornobody.jpg

“We, the Anti-Electorate, do not believe there is a need for “strong leadership” in government. We are not drawn to “intellectual” authorities and political “heroes.” We are not impressed with titles, ranks, and pecking orders – politicians, celebrities, and gurus. We do not struggle for control of organizations, social circles, and government. We do not lobby the State for favors or permission to control those with whom we disagree. Rather, we advocate freedom. By its very nature, the State does not. Exercise your right to say “No” to the warfare-welfare system. Refuse to vote. Then tell your friends why.” — Wally Conger, The Anti-Electorate Manifesto

The Vote for Nobody Campaign
votefornobody.jpg

wkmac

For all you folks who keep voting and voting and voting on the claim, "how can things get better unless we vote?" I sure wish like hell you'd stop voting on the chance that outcomes would reverse which means things would get better!

:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
At least we (meaning me) aren't happy with the status quo and will try to have someone else take his place instead of just letting the one in charge keep screwing up.

UPS Lifer

For all you folks who keep voting and voting and voting on the claim, "how can things get better unless we vote?" I sure wish like hell you'd stop voting on the chance that outcomes would reverse which means things would get better!:wink2:
Somebody may approve this but I guarantee you that Nobody will approve it. But then again it is Anybody's guess. If you really want to pick it apart, Disembody will make this happen. Antibody will certainly be against it. Busybody will be talking about this to Everybody and Homebody's position on this is what most families want. If you want to bury it that is Underbody's job!!!!! ;)

wkmac

But no matter what you do, what you say, how many times you try or in whom you blindly follow, Nobody get's it right every time!