Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
rsaftk.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Who really cares about that ? There are already Mormons throughout the government..........heck,you had a Quaker president.

The only time any of the religion stuff bothers me is when a person is 2-faced....like when Pelosi says she's a devout Catholic and yet thinks abortion is okey-dokey.

Quakers are a sect, not a cult. Big difference.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quakers are a sect, not a cult. Big difference.

These are the indoctrination techniques of a cult. I don't see this happening at the local stake houses of the LDS Church! Maybe with the Fundamentalist Mormons of polygamy fame, but not the main stream Mormons....and they are 2 entirely different churches!!

• The indoctrination techniques include:
    Subjection to stress and fatigue;
    Social disruption, isolation and pressure;
    Self criticism and humiliation;
    Fear, anxiety, and paranoia;
    Control of information;
    Escalating commitment;
    Use of auto-hypnosis to induce "peak" experiences.
The fundamentalist mormon, Kody Brown says the difference between reg.Mormons and fundamentalists mormons is like the dif. between the Catholics & the protestants...... His words from the most recent Sister Wives program.

UPS Lifer

No disparaging words at all, just that the Catholic Church does not consider Mormonism to be a Christian religion, and their views on Jesus Christ would have them considered a cult by many Roman Catholics, same as Jehovah's Witnesses, Followers of Sun Myung Moon, and Christian Scientists.

I think that your own mistaken view of what the word 'cult' means is the source of your outrage. One definition of a cult in the Catholic Church is belief in heretical ideas or practices. Mormonism would fall under this definition.

Check Catholic.com if you don't believe me.

You would have me go to Catholic.com?? 12 years study of my religion, an uncle who is a Bishop, 60 years around devout Catholics, yet I should go check out Catholic.com. I do find that funny!! My opinion is we all have the right to believe what we want to believe. I have not observed any Catholics who have said that Mormonism is a cult. I do not want to be lumped in to what your definition is of what Catholics believe.

klein

Für Meno :)
New poll just released :

Poll showing Obama 13 points ahead raises eyebrows
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After weeks of national polls showing the U.S. presidential race as a near dead heat, a survey on Wednesday raised eyebrows by giving President Barack Obama a commanding 13-point lead over his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
The Bloomberg poll showed Obama leading Romney 53 percent to 40 percent among likely voters. Most polls show the two candidates tied, or within a couple of points of one another.

The Bloomberg survey showed the public giving Obama low marks on his handling of the economy and the deficit, and six out of 10 said the country is headed down the wrong track. But only 39 percent viewed Romney favorably and 48 percent see him unfavorably, which Bloomberg said might reflect damage he suffered during his tough fight for the Republican nomination.

moreluck

golden ticket member
New poll just released :

Poll showing Obama 13 points ahead raises eyebrows

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After weeks of national polls showing the U.S. presidential race as a near dead heat, a survey on Wednesday raised eyebrows by giving President Barack Obama a commanding 13-point lead over his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
The Bloomberg poll showed Obama leading Romney 53 percent to 40 percent among likely voters. Most polls show the two candidates tied, or within a couple of points of one another.

The Bloomberg survey showed the public giving Obama low marks on his handling of the economy and the deficit, and six out of 10 said the country is headed down the wrong track. But only 39 percent viewed Romney favorably and 48 percent see him unfavorably, which Bloomberg said might reflect damage he suffered during his tough fight for the Republican nomination.
your BFF only likes Real Clear Politics polls and thinks all other polls are bogus. 734 likely voters is not a lot.....an extemely small sample.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
your BFF only likes Real Clear Politics polls and thinks all other polls are bogus. 734 likely voters is not a lot.....an extemely small sample.

Real clear isnt a polling company, its a COMPILATION of ALL the polls in the country. Its the best place to see the true nature of the country, and they are NEVER WRONG, unlike Rassmussen / FOX SPEWS which is always wrong.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

Polls don't mean a thing right now, (unless your are TOS or her Canadian BFF and of course the polls must be in the occupant of the White House's favor).

Come mid September, people start to take notice. Only hard line political junkies are tuning in right now. ...

The polls will have more meaning in mid October and even then, only factor in the battle ground states and likely voters. This election boils down to electoral votes in battle ground states.

So take all your polls except battle ground states in late October and treat them for what they are... not much!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Real clear isnt a polling company, its a COMPILATION of ALL the polls in the country. Its the best place to see the true nature of the country, and they are NEVER WRONG, unlike Rassmussen / FOX SPEWS which is always wrong.

Peace

TOS
Oh, a compilation....just like Weasl Zipper with stories from many sources!!!!! :rofl:

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS
Rasmussen & Fox are 2 of the components of the real clear compilation that you rely on......try again!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Rasmussen & Fox are 2 of the components of the real clear compilation that you rely on......try again!!

LOOK, Real Clear uses ALL (that means everything) the polls in the country ( that means the USA, and fox is in the USA) the rassmussen/fox polls are included in the complilation ( that means together) and an average is created.

That average is displayed at the top of the charts after ALL the charts are factored in.

Real Clear has never been WRONG on its polling data. I posted the polling data for the entire year 2008 mccain/Obama and the polling was DEAD NUTS ACCURATE. Only FOX/Rassmussen was wrong the entire year.

Sorry, your programmers are NOT RELIABLE.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member

LOOK, Real Clear uses ALL (that means everything) the polls in the country ( that means the USA, and fox is in the USA) the rassmussen/fox polls are included in the complilation ( that means together) and an average is created.

That average is displayed at the top of the charts after ALL the charts are factored in.

Real Clear has never been WRONG on its polling data. I posted the polling data for the entire year 2008 mccain/Obama and the polling was DEAD NUTS ACCURATE. Only FOX/Rassmussen was wrong the entire year.

Sorry, your programmers are NOT RELIABLE.

Peace

TOS
Doyou really hear yourself????

You discredit a couple polling sites and then say they are OK when in the mixture and an average is taken. Either they are good polls or they are bogus polls. They can't be both.

I hope you are right about Fox being wrong because for the longest time they've had Obama ahead by more than the error margin.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Doyou really hear yourself????

You discredit a couple polling sites and then say they are OK when in the mixture and an average is taken. Either they are good polls or they are bogus polls. They can't be both.

I hope you are right about Fox being wrong because for the longest time they've had Obama ahead by more than the error margin.

Your not listening, let me try it again.

FOX AND RASSMUSSEN are polls in the USA ( thats where you and I live) REAL CLEAR INCLUDES those polls with the all the other polls in the USA (where we live) in order to establish an AVERAGE.

Whether or not FOX is right or wrong is IRRELEVANT because real clear is only establishing an AVERAGE of ALL polls.

its NOT about being right or wrong, its the AVERAGE that is important MORELUCK.

The calculations are really simple, all the POSITIVES minus the NEGATIVES and PRESTO... an AVERAGE.

Got it now??

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your not listening, let me try it again.

FOX AND RASSMUSSEN are polls in the USA ( thats where you and I live) REAL CLEAR INCLUDES those polls with the all the other polls in the USA (where we live) in order to establish an AVERAGE.

Whether or not FOX is right or wrong is IRRELEVANT because real clear is only establishing an AVERAGE of ALL polls.

its NOT about being right or wrong, its the AVERAGE that is important MORELUCK.

The calculations are really simple, all the POSITIVES minus the NEGATIVES and PRESTO... an AVERAGE.

Got it now??

Peace

TOS
Used to be you threw out the high, threw out the low and averaged the rest. Works with real estate, works with grades, etc

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee,not like '08....

(The Sacramento Bee) — President Barack Obama was the only choice on the ballot for the 85,000 Sacramento County Democrats and 5,000 decline-to-state voters who took Democratic ballots during last Tuesday’s primary. But about 8,000 of those voters left their presidential ballots blank, and another 5,300 scribbled in a write-in candidate.

The Democrats who shunned Obama were largely concentrated in conservative parts of the county, particularly Orangevale, Citrus Heights and the rural outskirts.

Democrats were about three times more likely to not pick a candidate or write someone in than Republicans in Tuesday’s election, though the Republican ballot featured several alternatives to Mitt Romney.

Democrats were also more likely to not choose a candidate or write someone in during this primary than during the hotly-contested 2008 Democratic primary.

If there’s one bright spot for Obama, it’s that more Sacramento County Republican voters picked no one or wrote in a candidate during the 2004 Republican primary when George W. Bush was the only candidate on the ballot.