Elections

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is what it has been all about for almost 4 years now. On every issue (big or small), the first question barry asks himself or his advisors is; "How will this affect my chances of being re-elected?" This is why some major decisions seem to be on hold waiting for the "polling" before he decides what to do.

...Please don't ask why I don't have any respect for this person's ability to run OUR country. He cares ONLY about himself and his base. What a shame. He had such great opportunity to bring this country together and move us forward in all areas. Instead, we are more divided than ever before and moving backwards.

Ya sure he did, with people like you and ms ? calling him all kinds of names for 4 years, and others questioning his citizenship.... and senator Mitch McConnell saying right after the swearing in that the number 1 issue for the GOP was to make Obama a one term president.

Ya, youre right, he could have brought the country together. But, I realize that YOU will say Romney will bring the country together, even though during BUSH, this country was divided totally in half for decades to come.

Please, spare us the ideology.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

You're smarter than that.

You are right. My comments were about the Greece quote. Nothing to do about Republicans. The president is supposed to lead this great nation. It is his job to cut through the divisive rhetoric and get both side talking. The last time I looked there is no Republican in the White House.

The president has not had any substantive discussion with Eric Cantor in over a year according to Cantor. How many cabinet meetings has the president held this year?

bbsam

Staff member
You are right. My comments were about the Greece quote. Nothing to do about Republicans. The president is supposed to lead this great nation. It is his job to cut through the divisive rhetoric and get both side talking. The last time I looked there is no Republican in the White House.

The president has not had any substantive discussion with Eric Cantor in over a year according to Cantor. How many cabinet meetings has the president held this year?
A "substantive discussion with Eric Cantor"? Why? Boehner's the Speaker, though I'm not sure Cantor knows that.

UPS Lifer

A "substantive discussion with Eric Cantor"? Why? Boehner's the Speaker, though I'm not sure Cantor knows that.

It is in Boehner's nature to keep quiet and show respect for the office of President (unlike me). This is not the kind of topic he would discuss in my opinion.

However, getting back to the leader of the free world.... Cantor is part of the leadership of the majority party in the legislature. BO should be meeting with all leaders in Congress lighting fires under them (both sides). It takes leadership to do that. He has demonstrated to me that is not there at all.

Clinton was a leader. He worked with Newt and the Republicans. I think most Democrats think he was a pretty darn good leader and President. BO still plays in the sandbox next to Clinton and Hilary would run circles around him also.

bbsam

Staff member
Time magazine this week has an indepth article on how the republicans decided they would not work with Obama. It is all about regaining power.

Say what you will about Boehner and his genteel nature. He wanted to make the "grand bargain" with Obama. That was not in Cantor's road back to the majority.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just another reason NOT to vote for a republican anymore.... its always about hurting the people, in this case, taking away the right to vote!

GOP Senate Candidates Advocate 17th Amendment Repeal : Roll Call News

Seems there are many GOP senators, congressmen or candidates who are actively attempting to repeal the 17th amendment. They cant hide from it, but they wont talk about it publicly.

Even Todd Akin is in on this action... as if he wasnt an idiot already.

Repeal the 17th Amendment! - Salon.com

Watch out people... The GOP isnt your friend.

peace

TOS

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The Wrong Side Absolutely Must Not Win

A. Barton Hinkle|Aug. 20, 2012 12:00 pm
The past several weeks have made one thing crystal-clear: Our country faces unmitigated disaster if the Other Side wins.
No reasonably intelligent person can deny this. All you have to do is look at the way the Other Side has been running its campaign. Instead of focusing on the big issues that are important to the American People, it has fired a relentlessly negative barrage of distortions, misrepresentations, and flat-out lies.
Just look at the Other Side’s latest commercial, which take a perfectly reasonable statement by the candidate for My Side completely out of context to make it seem as if he is saying something nefarious. This just shows you how desperate the Other Side is and how willing it is to mislead the American People.
The Other Side also has been hammering away at My Side to release certain documents that have nothing to do with anything, and making all sorts of outrageous accusations about what might be in them. Meanwhile, the Other Side has stonewalled perfectly reasonable requests to release its own documents that would expose some very embarrassing details if anybody ever found out what was in them. This just shows you what a bunch of hypocrites they are.
Naturally, the media won’t report any of this. Major newspapers and cable networks jump all over anything they think will make My Side look bad. Yet they completely ignore critically important and incredibly relevant information that would be devastating to the Other Side if it could ever be verified.
I will admit the candidates for My Side do make occasional blunders. These usually happen at the end of exhausting 19-hour days and are perfectly understandable. Our leaders are only human, after all. Nevertheless, the Other Side inevitably makes a big fat deal out of these trivial gaffes, while completely ignoring its own candidates’ incredibly thoughtless and stupid remarks – remarks that reveal the Other Side’s true nature, which is genuinely frightening.
My Side has produced a visionary program that will get the economy moving, put the American People back to work, strengthen national security, return fiscal integrity to Washington, and restore our standing in the international community. What does the Other Side have to offer? Nothing but the same old disproven, discredited policies that got us into our current mess in the first place.
Don’t take my word for it, though. I recently read about an analysis by an independent, nonpartisan organization that supports My Side. It proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that everything I have been saying about the Other Side was true all along. Of course, the Other Side refuses to acknowledge any of this. It is too busy cranking out so-called studies by so-called experts who are actually nothing but partisan hacks. This just shows you that the Other Side lives in its own little echo chamber and refuses to listen to anyone who has not already drunk its Kool-Aid.
Let’s face it: The Other Side is held hostage by a radical, failed ideology. I have been doing some research on the Internet, and I have learned this ideology was developed by a very obscure but nonetheless profoundly influential writer with a strange-sounding name who enjoyed brief celebrity several decades ago. If you look carefully, you can trace nearly all the Other Side’s policies for the past half-century back to the writings of this one person.
To be sure, the Other Side also has been influenced by its powerful supporters. These include a reclusive billionaire who has funded a number of organizations far outside the political mainstream; several politicians who have said outrageous things over the years; and an alarmingly large number of completely clueless ordinary Americans who are being used as tools and don’t even know it.
These people are really pathetic, too. The other day I saw a YouTube video in which My Side sent an investigator and a cameraman to a rally being held by the Other Side, where the investigator proceeded to ask some real zingers. It was hilarious! First off, the people at the rally wore T-shirts with all kinds of lame messages that they actually thought were really clever. Plus, many of the people who were interviewed were overweight, sweaty, flushed, and generally not very attractive. But what was really funny was how stupid they were. There is no way anyone could watch that video and not come away convinced the people on My Side are smarter, and that My Side is therefore right about everything.
Besides, it’s clear that the people on the Other Side are driven by mindless anger – unlike My Side, which is filled with passionate idealism and righteous indignation. That indignation, I hasten to add, is entirely justified. I have read several articles in publications that support My Side that expose what a truly dangerous group the Other Side is, and how thoroughly committed it is to imposing its radical, failed agenda on the rest of us.
That is why I believe 2012 is, without a doubt, the defining election of our lifetime. The difference between My Side and the Other Side could not be greater. That is why it absolutely must win on November 6.
This column originally appeared in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

UPS Lifer

Time magazine this week has an indepth article on how the republicans decided they would not work with Obama. It is all about regaining power.

Say what you will about Boehner and his genteel nature. He wanted to make the "grand bargain" with Obama. That was not in Cantor's road back to the majority.

There isn't a news organization out there that isn't biased. But I do think that it is in our human nature to use stories from the media to validate our belief system. We will use those stories that fit our values and beliefs to make a point.

It is ultimately Barrack Hussain Obama's responsibility to make sure that the government is functioning. Boehner can't "summon" the President of the United States or Harry. Harry Reid can't summon Boehner or Barry. A leader should lead, we don't have that with Barry. He is a divider not a leader.

example
I had an employee that had such a bad relationship with two previous managers, (rightfully so) he would not even acknowledge a "hello" from me when I took over. It took me a year of "hellos" and sit downs and explaining that I was not like his other bosses and showing that I was not them before he warmed up to me. It was MY RESPONSIBILITY to make this happen...not his.

UPS Lifer

Just another reason NOT to vote for a republican anymore.... its always about hurting the people, in this case, taking away the right to vote!

GOP Senate Candidates Advocate 17th Amendment Repeal : Roll Call News

Seems there are many GOP senators, congressmen or candidates who are actively attempting to repeal the 17th amendment. They cant hide from it, but they wont talk about it publicly.

Even Todd Akin is in on this action... as if he wasnt an idiot already.

Repeal the 17th Amendment! - Salon.com

Watch out people... The GOP isnt your friend.

peace

TOS

What cracks me up about your posts is that you think your posts are making a difference. You are "winning" votes for barry with these posts!!! At least I have no delusional thoughts about that. I am not making a difference. I am just spouting off and letting out steam.

I could be wrong, but I feel that anyone who reads these posts already has their mind made up and there is NO CHANGING IT! That is OK by me. I learned through almost 36 years with UPS that we were a much stronger company with diversity and different POVs. I think that is true about our country as well. A good leader knows how to bridge the gap between the points of view, treat those folks with respect and find solutions that are tolerable to most. A good leader does not worry about how they are going to get to the next promotion but how they are going to make things better for all their employees. A good leader is not going to be an ass kisser but is respectful to all and has reasons and solutions to back up his/her policies.

What does not move us forward is hate, divisiveness, in-action, and ineffective leadership, pointing fingers and not taking RESPONSIBILITY.

That last sentence - "Watch out people..." !! I guess what really scares me is the fringe on the left and the right. Those on the fringe are of the mindset that they are the only ones who "see the light" and have the correct answers. God help them and more importantly, God help us!

wkmac

Plutarch.jpg

"Yeah, but Romney will fix everything, you just wait and see!"
Plutarch.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
African Americans for Obama

This is unspeakable for a president to even consider such a
divisive statement.

UNBELIEVABLE

What do you think would happen if a Caucasian president produced and
published a YouTube video for ALL WHITE PEOPLE to unite for a WHITE
PRESIDENT. This is the MOST SIGNIFICANT DEMONSTRATION of INTENTIONAL
DIVISIVE RACISM by ANY PRESIDENT in the history of our country. Obama
announces the 2012 launch of African Americans for Obama.

Can you imagine Romney putting out a call for all the white brothers
and sisters to vote for him because he's white and so are they?

If this video is not alarming to you, simply delete. If you are
offended by what's taking place, please pass it on.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/BdjoHA5ocwU?rel=0

Lue C Fur

Evil member

divisive statement.

UNBELIEVABLE

Wow!!! Obama the uniter.....NOT!!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

divisive statement.

UNBELIEVABLE

the GOP has done exactly this by creating the TEA PARTY.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Where does "tea party" specify color ???

Ok, you forced me to post the racist rhetoric of the tea party leaders... How about this joke told at a TEA PARTY rally by the leader of the TEA PARTY in Arkansas...? is it racist??

“A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what’s a democracy?’“
‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po’ folks can get all our benefits.’
“‘But mama, don’t the white folk get mad about that?’
“‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that’s called racism.’”

Inge Marler, Arkansas Tea Party Leader, Makes Racist Joke At Event

Maybe you think this is appropriate behavior for white people, eh? Can you guess how many black people were at this rally?

Peace

TOS