Extended Area routes to run only 3 days per week?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I am posting on here because I have never heard of UPS servicing an area only 3 days/week.

Have any of you ever heard of any Extended Area, limited UPS service anywhere?

I am in NorCal, & I would have imagine than the rural states would have a lot of high mile, lower stop count routes.

If I don’t do EAMs, it would be 10.25 average paid, about .75 overallowed with 72-77 stops, 90-145 pieces over 165 miles. Aren’t there many rural routes like this?! Do these routes get run everyday?
Quit worrying about the over and under. They can fluff and remove from that number at any time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am posting on here because I have never heard of UPS servicing an area only 3 days/week.

Have any of you ever heard of any Extended Area, limited UPS service anywhere?

I am in NorCal, & I would have imagine than the rural states would have a lot of high mile, lower stop count routes.

If I don’t do EAMs, it would be 10.25 average paid, about .75 overallowed with 72-77 stops, 90-145 pieces over 165 miles. Aren’t there many rural routes like this?! Do these routes get run everyday?
I’d try and get ADA’d and get a cushy seat in your package car

542thruNthru

Wonder how long before the criteria for a route to be eligible for rural deferred keeps expanding to the point where it includes the majority of routes? Also, can’t imagine how bad Orion is for these routes.
Well if it includes the majority of the routes then it looks like we will all get paid 8 hours to sit around and do nothing.

We have an 8 hour guarantee. As long as everyone asks for it they will need to provide the work to do it. Problem is these rural deferment guys don't do that so the company makes out.

21_years_in

Quit worrying about the over and under. They can fluff and remove from that number at any time.
I am convinced that they change time studies, & to their advantage.

I did the same route working at the same pace running closer to scratch. Suddenly, one day the WR distorted reality to make it look like I had slowed down.

I had not slowed down. Nothing changed. It sure appears that somebody in IE just went in and tightened the screws on my time study.

They could make it anything they wanted to, as we do not have a look inside the black box.

“You ran x hours over.” They get to pick the variable!

UPS has always been addicted to free labor.

“Geez, I better work through my breaks. I am running overallowed!”

IMG_8170.jpeg

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid

I did the same route working at the same pace running closer to scratch. Suddenly, one day the WR distorted reality to make it look like I had slowed down.

I had not slowed down. Nothing changed. It sure appears that somebody in IE just went in and tightened the screws on my time study.

They could make it anything they wanted to, as we do not have a look inside the black box.

View attachment 490559
Never was meant to be a system to be fair or close to reality...straight up production tool.

DOK

View attachment 490559
It’s a fact, they’re doing it now and have been since the beginning of the year.