Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

35years

Gravy route
How about the seasonal Santa gig?
Lots of feeder drivers have the right physique.
But Christmas eve and day are not optional.
At least you don't have to shave.

"A beginning Santa can earn an hourly wage of $100, while veteran Santas can earn an average wage of $175 to $200 per hour. The really big pay rate comes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day; that's when these Kris Kringles can earn wages of $175 to $200 for their first hour of work, and $100 to $300 for every hour after that."

Ghost in the Darkness

I've done the part time preload gig then went to work after to a full time job. I worked hard days on the farm for a lot less money before and during my time at UPS. I believe as a dad and a husband I need to provide for my family. I also believe money isn't the end all be all, my time is valuable and my family desires & deserves a portion of it. In my world my family comes first, not UPS.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've done the part time preload gig then went to work after to a full time job. I worked hard days on the farm for a lot less money before and during my time at UPS. I believe as a dad and a husband I need to provide for my family. I also believe money isn't the end all be all, my time is valuable and my family desires & deserves a portion of it. In my world my family comes first, not UPS.
That's why there is no "one size fits all" answer to the balance. Depending on your situation, working more is the way to put your family first.

What'dyabringmetoday???

How about the seasonal Santa gig?
Lots of feeder drivers have the right physique.
But Christmas eve and day are not optional.
At least you don't have to shave.

"A beginning Santa can earn an hourly wage of $100, while veteran Santas can earn an average wage of $175 to $200 per hour. The really big pay rate comes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day; that's when these Kris Kringles can earn wages of $175 to $200 for their first hour of work, and $100 to $300 for every hour after that."
If it is so awful, several companies are hiring. Good luck to you.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I agree but show me someone who isn't ...
who hasn't eaten the last piece of cake ...
who hasn't sped up to get through a yellow light ...
who hasn't etc. ...
None of those are even remotely similar to driving your employees into the ground day after day and making them work weekends and holidays...nice try buddy

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Same will be said about the low Tide when the Buckeyes come rolling in.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1481358084.893252.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I agree but show me someone who isn't ...
who hasn't eaten the last piece of cake ...
who hasn't sped up to get through a yellow light ...
who hasn't etc. ...

Here's the difference.

UPS has always been greedy. But, at one point there was a balance between greed and the employee. And this was good for both sides.

We are now a one sided company. Greed at the expense of the employee.