Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I was on vaca and did not work BF but all of the drivers that I spoke to said it helped quite a bit.
You could have been a team player and worked BF. Technically you are not on vacation that day as it is considered a holiday and can be used as an extra day off at some other point in the year.

PT Car Washer

You could have been a team player and worked BF. Technically you are not on vacation that day as it is considered a holiday and can be used as an extra day off at some other point in the year.
How can you be on vacation and not on vacation? Company will not let us roll over days off.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have never worked a weekend day in 34+ years with UPS. Am not going to break that string this year either. If they choose to "force" me in on Christmas Eve it will be the one day I call in this year.

Dr.Brownz

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years well he working Christmas morn. Times change right!!!! Something something e commerce.

At what point are you guys willing to put your foot down and say enough is enough..... or 95% of people are just cowards and will do whatever they are told because boxes need to be delivered.

We need to take care of the customer right!!! Yet every day we leave the building, run air in trace and Miss service

And FYI ever contract I have been through has gotten way worse minus re 9-5 language change in the recent one.

The truth is most people lead "lives of quiet desperation" my economics professors quoted this to us all the time. Most of these guys have wife and kids and cant afford to fight the company out of fear of losing a job. At the same time though they want to see themselves in a positive light so they adopt the "I work so hard, you are a wuss if you don't do all the crappy work and take all the same crap I do." attitude.

And thus Corporate Stockholm Syndrome is born!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How can you be on vacation and not on vacation? Company will not let us roll over days off.
IMG_20161210_101106863.jpg

My local rider provides an extra vacation day for any holiday that falls during a vacation week so contractually we are not on vacation during those days and can choose to work.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I can't even help but laugh at people thinking if you come in Saturday that Monday's going to be any less heavy...get real...you're gonna be screwed til After chistmas regardless because this company fails to plan every single year...open your damn eyes they don't are about your best interests they care about packages being delivered

I can't even help but laugh at people thinking if you come in Saturday that Monday's going to be any less heavy...get real...you're gonna be screwed til After chistmas regardless because this company fails to plan every single year...open your damn eyes they don't are about your best interests they care about packages being delivered
Easy money today my friend

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The most common excuse for drivers calling in on a Saturday was that their wives, girlfriends or some times both had an medical emergency .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I asked both my on car and PDS if they needed me on BF and the day after and they both said to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

Worked today---75 stops in 3.5 hours. Brought back 8 of them, about 20 packages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can laugh all you want but we worked last Saturday and Monday was much lighter as a result, even with 4K packages from Tuesday rolled in. They did not put any helpers on road that day.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You can laugh all you want but we worked last Saturday and Monday was much lighter as a result, even with 4K packages from Tuesday rolled in. They did not put any helpers on road that day.
I don't work in your center and you don't work in mine. Your opinion is worthless to me. Take a long walk off a short bridge you scandanavian p*