Full time inside employees

takesteady

Follow up question, are FT drivers looking to get back into the building able to skip the bid sheet over PT employees with more seniority?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Follow up question, are FT drivers looking to get back into the building able to skip the bid sheet over PT employees with more seniority?
I know of at least 4 FT Drivers that switched back into the building. Young guys no seniority. Less of a headache than package apparently.

takesteady

I know of at least 4 FT Drivers that switched back into the building. Young guys no seniority. Less of a headache than package apparently.
I get that, but I have years inside the building already. I’m wondering if drivers with less seniority would be able to skip me for the position.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I get that, but I have years inside the building already. I’m wondering if drivers with less seniority would be able to skip me for the position.
Probably depends on your supplement. If you’re part time, then you’d be skipped by someone who is full time with less seniority here. Full time trumps part time for bid sheets here.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Like I said. I’ve seen a lot of guys go from FT driving to in the hub with no seniority. So, yes. Hope this helps.

takesteady

Probably depends on your supplement. If you’re part time, then you’d be skipped by someone who is full time with less seniority here. Full time trumps part time for bid sheets here.
So just to clarify, depending on the supplement, the contract may stipulate that regardless of seniority full time employees always have priority over part time employees? I’m sorry, but that’s :censored2:ing bull:censored2:.

takesteady

Like I said. I’ve seen a lot of guys go from FT driving to in the hub with no seniority. So, yes. Hope this helps.
Thank you, but I find it extremely disappointing that despite years of working in the building, a driver with less seniority than me could jump to the top of the bid sheet just because they are a full time driver.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
So just to clarify, depending on the supplement, the contract may stipulate that regardless of seniority full time employees always have priority over part time employees? I’m sorry, but that’s *ing bull*.
It’s not bull if it’s another fulltime position.. we have a few up for bid and the bid sheet says open to current fulltime employees. Regardless of your company time a full timer has but his fair share of time in, just bc you did not want to go driver or whatever does not mean it’s not fair..

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
With years inside the building...

This topic is something you should already know the answer to, based on your situation.

Good luck.

newbie777

Thank you, but I find it extremely disappointing that despite years of working in the building, a driver with less seniority than me could jump to the top of the bid sheet just because they are a full time driver.
In a the west it’s hub seniority for bidding process. The PT would win the opening. I’ve had full time seniority for over a year and a couple pt got the RPCD position before me because they had more hub seniority and did not want to be a 22.4 driver. It depends where you are.

In a the west it’s hub seniority for bidding process. The PT would win the opening. I’ve had full time seniority for over a year and a couple pt got the RPCD position before me because they had more hub seniority and did not want to be a 22.4 driver. It depends where you are.
That's not how it works here.
Part timers can't bid on a RPCD bid

newbie777

That's not how it works here.
Part timers can't bid on a RPCD bid
I thought the 22.4 position were first, they showed me the verbiage in our supplement. Everyone signs the same pt to ft intent sheet. And can turn down or accept positions as they come up. I want to say the inside positions are offered to other 22.2 , 22.3 first, then feeder/drivers, then pt.

Last edited:

newbie777

22.4 is first and not one of them is going to turn down an RPCD job
Yeah, that’s what I thought and hr thought that. They called all of us, had us fill out app. Then two pts and two 22.4 with less full time seniority grieved it and they brought out the book lol. Was told hr mistake nothing I can do but wait.

Yeah, that’s what I thought and hr thought that. They called all of us, had us fill out app. Then two pts and two 22.4 with less full time seniority grieved it and they brought out the book lol. Was told hr mistake nothing I can do but wait.
The way it works here you could be a 20-year part-time employee and a one-year 22 .4 driver would have more seniority than you when it comes to bidding

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Why not drive?
Scared?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have seen many drivers, who needed a break from 14 hour days, take inside jobs.
Inside jobs usually mean you will have a regular set number of hours day.
With regularly scheduled breaks and lunch hours.
P/Ts should be thankful that these old drivers are opening up all these driving slots for them.