Full time inside employees

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I have seen many drivers, who needed a break from 14 hour days, take inside jobs.
Inside jobs usually mean you will have a regular set number of hours day.
With regularly scheduled breaks and lunch hours.
P/Ts should be thankful that these old drivers are opening up all these driving slots for them.
Work 3 14days then the rest is gravy.

Raw

Raw Member
I`m a 33 year driver and I can`t imagine why anyone would want an inside position and have to look at management all day! Plus extremely boring inside.

trickpony1

I`m a 33 year driver and I can`t imagine why anyone would want an inside position and have to look at management all day! Plus extremely boring inside.
Because they are tired of dealing with entitled customers that think they are our boss?
Jumping in/out of the truck 100+ times a day may be another reason.

Hope this helps.

trickpony1

Why are they jumping? Work safe and they can be in pkg car past age 60 as I am! lol
"jumping" is a colloquialism (I used a big word). I'm sorry.
Hope this helps.

colloquialism
[kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm]

NOUN
  1. a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.
    synonyms:
    wording · diction · phrasing · phraseology · style · vocabulary · terminology · expressions · turns of phrase · parlance · manner of writing/speaking · way of talking·
    [more]
    • the use of ordinary or familiar words or phrases.

Mr. Marshall

I've worked both inside and outside and I end up with way more steps on my fitbit and hours inside than outside. But the good news inside is that there is zero responsibility on me especially after we got the preload scanners and it's impossible to get a misload if you scan. I also made $5.55 less an hour which is why I'm back outside.

At our building I don't know the exact percentage but some inside bids are for full time employees only and some inside jobs are for part-time employees only to bid on. Because so many part-timers won't drive the quickest way inside is to grab a driving job after probably less than a year these days and then within a few years people have been able to bid back inside. I haven't seen less than 10 years part time inside in a while.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Unless you are on a continuous walk or run....

Those fitbit steps from work are not real.

Just sayin

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have seen many drivers, who needed a break from 14 hour days, take inside jobs.
Inside jobs usually mean you will have a regular set number of hours day.
With regularly scheduled breaks and lunch hours.
P/Ts should be thankful that these old drivers are opening up all these driving slots for them.
My last year and a half were in porters. Worked 630am-300pm. Most days could have a beer by 330. Priceless!

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a few spots in my building that are 100% inside jobs. They are held by very high seniority employees. A couple of them prefer to work only 40 hours a week. Inside is the only place you can do that. They worked OT over peak, but they are consistently 8 and skate the rest of the year. The others are not interested in running a route and are fine with almost no OT.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Don't accidentally get too smart or the preload scanners and dispatch ####s will drive you insane.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Inside/inside? Is that 22.2? It’s so rare at my hub I don’t know anyone who has it and I’ve been here 19 years now. Only inside/outside 22.3.

PT Car Washer

22.2 porter. Who empties your trash?
My building has maybe 6 Art 22.2 porters, 5 FT car washers and 1 FT Feeder washer. Jobs are guaranteed by contract and are the only FT inside jobs at my building. We have a hundred or so 22.3 jobs. Who knows what the 22.4 jobs are classified as. Some call them combo drivers like they should be driving half a day and working another PT job the other half but I have only seen them drive FT at a reduced pay rate.

newbie777

My building has maybe 6 Art 22.2 porters, 5 FT car washers and 1 FT Feeder washer. Jobs are guaranteed by contract and are the only FT inside jobs at my building. We have a hundred or so 22.3 jobs. Who knows what the 22.4 jobs are classified as. Some call them combo drivers like they should be driving half a day and working another PT job the other half but I have only seen them drive FT at a reduced pay rate.
We are discount drivers. They have no problem letting someone topped go home because they don’t like their route that day. They just have one of us run it. If they call in sick, no problem. If I call in sick, I’m in the office the next day. Hilarious.