Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

wilberforce15

They are 7% of the poulation and they still have twice as many problems with reliability then the other 93% of automobiles
They do not have reliability problems, and the proportion is growing at an exponential rate.

A few years ago, it was 'only' 1%.
Then 'only' 2%.

Then 'only' 4%.
Then 'only' 7%.

In a few years, it will 'only' be 1/4.

Then 'only' 1/2.

Non liberal

They do not have reliability problems, and the proportion is growing at an exponential rate.

A few years ago, it was 'only' 1%.
Then 'only' 2%.

Then 'only' 4%.
Then 'only' 7%.

In a few years, it will 'only' be 1/4.

Then 'only' 1/2.
I wouldn’t say im the minority either. I’d bet there was probably more rvs sold in 2020 then teslas. A lot of people go camping on cross country trips towing a camper

wilberforce15

I wouldn’t say im the minority either. I’d bet there was probably more rvs sold in 2020 then teslas. A lot of people go camping on cross country trips towing a camper

Tesla doubled all RV sales put together last year.

Next year, Tesla will be 4x all camper sales.

And most people keep a tow vehicle and a regular vehicle, and the Tesla would simply not be used as the tow vehicle.

This isn't hard. You're just stubborn. You'll be denying it even when Tesla is selling 10 million vehicles per year.

Non liberal

And most people keep a tow vehicle and a regular vehicle, and the Tesla would simply not be used as the tow vehicle.

This isn't hard. You're just stubborn. You'll be denying it even when Tesla is selling 10 million vehicles per year.
Us bud, not global sales.

Non liberal

They can sell as many as they want they are still not better. Ford and Chevy outsell Toyota but it doesn’t mean they’re better. As far as reliability goes it is actually getting worse for electric vehicles rather then better. In a study this year 39 ex
Are you serious?

Tesla sold more over the globe, by a multiple, than RV's did.

And they'll sell by a higher multiple next year.

And a higher multiple the next year.

Desperation just smells bad.
from what I saw they sold just under half a million cars in 2020 worldwide. RVs are just under that for 2020 but we’re over half a million in 2017 just in the us. It doesn’t really matter. At the very least there are as many people that tow a camper as there are Tesla owners. I’m just saying, im not the minority. That’s a huge market ev makers will have to cover if they want to take over gassers.

wilberforce15

They can sell as many as they want they are still not better. Ford and Chevy outsell Toyota but it doesn’t mean they’re better. As far as reliability goes it is actually getting worse for electric vehicles rather then better. In a study this year 39 ex

from what I saw they sold just under half a million cars in 2020 worldwide. RVs are just under that for 2020 but we’re over half a million in 2017 just in the us. It doesn’t really matter. At the very least there are as many people that tow a camper as there are Tesla owners. I’m just saying, im not the minority. That’s a huge market ev makers will have to cover if they want to take over gassers.
Most people who tow a camper also have a non-tow vehicle.

It's also not 2020.

In 2019, Tesla sold 250k. In 2021, Tesla sold a million. That's how fast this change is coming. Next year is 2 million, and we know that for a fact because we know what can be produced. And all that is produced can be sold.

You're a minority if you are not willing to have a 300 mile EV. That works for just about everyone in some respect.

The reliability canard is simply a canard. I've explained it.

wilberforce15

Tesla has plenty of room to sell 10 million, or 15 million, vehicles a year without ever acting as a long-haul tow vehicle. It's silly to try to appease them.

Non liberal

It's also not 2020.

In 2019, Tesla sold 250k. In 2021, Tesla sold a million. That's how fast this change is coming. Next year is 2 million, and we know that for a fact because we know what can be produced. And all that is produced can be sold.

You're a minority if you are not willing to have a 300 mile EV. That works for just about everyone in some respect.

No it’s very real just google it. It’s more then body alignment. Which is still very important for reliability reasons. It doesn’t matter why it breaks down. If you can’t align a car then wth. A lot of the problems appear to be not starting

wilberforce15

No it’s very real just google it. It’s more then body alignment. Which is still very important for reliability reasons. It doesn’t matter why it breaks down. If you can’t align a car then wth. A lot of the problems appear to be not starting
They are not measuring breakdowns. It's not about not starting either.

Non liberal

They are not measuring breakdowns. It's not about not starting either.
It doesn’t matter what makes a car unreliable. If they’re in the garage getting fixed more often then petrol vehicles then they’re not as reliable. Also the average time for a Tesla to be in the garage for said breakdown are 4-5 days. It’s mostly software issues which I would guess is causing the starting problems.

wilberforce15

It doesn’t matter what makes a car unreliable. If they’re in the garage getting fixed more often then petrol vehicles then they’re not as reliable. Also the average time for a Tesla to be in the garage for said breakdown are 4-5 days. It’s mostly software issues which I would guess is causing the starting problems.
It does matter. The EV will get you from A to B more reliably than any combustion vehicle. Period.

They are lacking dozens of problem parts and processes, and require no maintenance. No coolant flushes. They don't even have a transmission. You name it. They don't have it.

Tesla owners are richer than average, and very demanding, and they call in fix requests for anything and everything. They're high-maintenance people who own little yappy dogs. They're named things like Kevin and Karen. That's why they call so much for a vehicle of below average build quality.

But if you want reliability, which is A to B, there is nothing that can touch an EV.

Non liberal

It's also not 2020.

Sorry a $60,000 car that has a limit of 300 miles..maybe is not worth it.

wilberforce15

I average 0 fillups per week. I pull into a refueling station, on average, 0 times per week. I spend 0 minutes filling up my car per week. And I spend 0 minutes worrying about my fuel in an average week.

Long road trips are the only question. And even a 500 mile trip involves a single 30 minute stop, which is the same as anybody might have.

wilberforce15

I don’t care if it’s the one time of year I go on vacation. I’m not buying a $60,000 car to drive back and forth to work when a 500.00 dodge Omni will do it just as well.
So you don't consider the benefits, but only costs?

You fill up every week. I don't.

You go to the mechanic. I don't.

I don't wait for an oil change. I don't drive to a dealer. I don't do anything. The vehicle just runs, because it has barely any fluids.

I don't look for refueling stations. I don't need them. I don't take a "5-minute" detour for a fillup.

Then, I stop once every few months for a supercharge and somehow I'm inconvenienced?

wilberforce15

You would swear this clown is Elon Musk as much as he’s shilling for EV’s.
Elon is a tool of the globalists and EVs are a camel's nose to bring in unbelievable control and envirotyranny.

But they're also a superior vehicle that will win, and it's not up to you or me.